• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Xenomorph Survivor VS Thing Survivor (Ripley VS MacReady)

Ellen Ripley (Alien) VS R. J. MacReady (The Thing)

Both are 10-A (Ellen Ripley's first key is used here)

Speed Equalized

Fight takes place on The Skeld, but both are familiar with the layout of the ship. Ripley starts in Navigation while MacReady starts in Reactor.

Ellen Ripley:

R. J. MacReady: 7 (Ican'tthinkof1goodname, tasty_smoovee, HeadlessKramerGeoff777, Dusty_Raider, Danbez22, ApiesDeathbyLazors, The_Narrator_of_Narrative)

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Interesting idea. Currently leaning towards MacReady for having superior range but I’ll wait before actually voting

Alright, cool.

So Ripley massively out ranges Mac here, I dunno why the profile is so clearly wrong on this. I'm a bit unsure who wins this. Mac theoretically has military training, what with being a helicopter pilot, but Ripley has a way better gun.

Do we ever see Ripley shooting? If she's a good enough shot, no matter how much better Mac is, she can just gun him down from a distance since she has higher range.

You have to keep in mind the fight takes place on The Skeld where they have room to move around and flank each other.

Mac will able to use this much more effectively thanks to his training.

Ah, I didn't realize. Then yes he has a higher chance of winning.

This is a tricky one considering, but I am going to lean for MacReady in this case. Ripley is a very capable survivor, but she more of developed those skills and mindset through the events of Alien and Aliens. MacReady though started off with more combative experience from I've been able to see or at least is more naturally capable off the bat. Still it be a very tough fight that can easily go either way.

A vote for MacReady

Ellen Ripley:

R. J. MacReady: 6 (Ican'tthinkof1goodname, tasty_smoovee, HeadlessKramerGeoff777, Dusty_Raider, Danbez22, ApiesDeathbyLazors)

Inconclusive:

Back