• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MacReady vs The Impostor(concluded)

Aguywhodoesthings

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Fight takes place on Polus
Speed equalized
There are 9 crewmates
Mac has his shotgun
Win condition for the impostor is if all the crewmates die or it kills mac ready
Win con for Mac is if he can find out who the impostor is and kill it or get it voted out

Impostor: 1
R. J. MacReady: 7
Incon:

Last edited:
Mac came up with the blood test after discovering how bits of the Thing could detach themselves to escape harm, so any tactics he comes up with against the Imposter to how the Imposter behaves. Worst comes to worst Mac just shotguns any crewmates that try to get too close. Also, standard equipment for Mac is just his shotgun.

Are we going by the assumption that, if identified, The Imposter can and will be lynched, similar to the games?

ok i'll count that
another thing is the impostor remains a lot more hidden than the thing so mac would have a harder time figuring out how it acts

nothing really
i'm just trying to come up with something that gives the impostor a chance to win

My vote is the Impostor.

Since the fight takes place in Polus, the impostor has the home field advantage and could use the environment to it's advantage. The Impostor has an edge over MacReady because it could lock the doors, vent, sabotage electrical to make everything dark, or sabotage the seismic stabilizers to straight up kill everyone. MacReady has no idea how to do tasks in the Among Us verse, carries a gun around, and looks far different from the crewmates. He would look sus the moment someone accused him of murder, enticing the crewmates to overpower hand vote him out.

Last edited:
I’d say that his appearance would actually make him less likely to be accused, since he’s larger, harder to miss, and so incredibly different that all the Crewmates would be more likely to remember him. With all that in mind, I vote MacReady.

Yeah, I think MacReady can handle this. He really just has to stick with two people at one time so that way the Imposter can't jump everyone without getting called out.

Back