• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Xenoblade: Some Issues and Corrections About Jin

While I've truly only been a spectator on the wiki and haven't done much besides that, as someone that has played and beat both Xenoblade 2 and Torna: The Golden Country there are some misconceptions I'd like to clear up with the thread.

First off: "Though he only uses this to conjure and wield ice for attacks, was also stated to be Absolute Zero" this line right here is connected to when talking about his control over elementary participles. As seen in Torna, Jin's original blade element when he wasn't a flesh eater was that of ice so it isn't that his elementary partial manipulation allowed him to use ice and he decided to use to in that moment but rather it's just his base element. Of course though his transition into a flesh eater gifted him the ability of elementary particle manipulation alongside various other power boosts, like his speed, strength, and power while granting him new abilities like that elementary particle manipulation.

The best I can describe is using the two types of flesh eaters we know of: succesful flesh eaters and failed flesh eaters. Only case of a failed flesh eater is Cole/Minoth, which as Torna gives us detail, still has his powers as a blade and gained the independence from a driver flesh eaters get but since he was a failure he did not gain any new powers or buffs like Nia and Jin. In fact you can say he was nerfed since he lost his high-but-not-quite invincibility to injury and even became able to become sick (his inability to take in ether very well being a focus of a whole sidewuest to try to make a cure for that so ether can flow in well) then to add onto that can actually age. True flesh eaters on the other hand as I've said gain new abilities and buffs to their existing ones, said new abilities can be a bit of a wild card but blade-typing may be a key factor (I.e. Jin's elementary particle control duemto being an attack type, Nia's ability to weaponize her healing/cancer due to being a heal blade, Patroka supposedly having a power booster if the scene after the fight with her and Mikhail is to be taken rhatbway) they also most likely also lost their high-but-not-quite invincibility factor as well, could be supported by the fact Nia says in a cutscenes she could just happen to die one day and have no idea of when but it's also able to be assumed since the only reason they aren't core crystals is because they took in a human heart which keeps them from receiving that fate. Alongside that they also don't age, as seen with Jin being one for about 500 years, if he did he'd probably be of similar age and state of Minoth/Cole. As seen with the fights with Jin, it's also a possibility for flesh eaters to lose their elemental status and no longer be weak to their opposing element while still being able to use their elemental abilities (Note: Jin is the only flesh eater enemy in the game that's like this, so it's supposedly rare).

That being said I think I've cleared up Jin's ability over ice not being his elementary particle manipulation. Plus he's talking about that when he's holding up Siren's photon cannon laser shot above him, trying to insinuate he does control all elementary particles but... not exactly as the wiki links to (which is elemental manipulation), you see elementary particles are a completely different thing than just elements. If they were talking about elemental manipulation that would've been said there in place of elementary particles, here's the google search definition of elementary particles: "Any of various fundamental subatomic particles, including those that are the smallest and most basic constituents of matter (leptons and quarks) or are combinations of these (hadrons, which consist of quarks), and those that transmit one of the four fundamental interactions in nature (gravitational, electromagnetic, strong, and weak)." Then here's the link to the Wikipedia page for more in-depth information: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elementary_particle.

Lastly I'd like to link this video made by Luxin, a well-known Xeno-tuber who I'd say is very accurate with the information he presents in his video, this video explaining a bit of elementary particles too while also explaining what Jin could do with this ability that isn't shown in game (that being said as I know this wiki only takes what's actually shown than what something could could be used for but I'd like to think it's nice to know regardless): https://youtu.be/HiiH4LO-7-8

So... that's honestly all I wanted to do, just clear up some things, not exactly vouching for "Hey, let's upgrade Jin!" but more of wanting to get the accurate information out there since at least Jin's page seemed to be a bit inaccurate and a bit outdated as well. Though if anyone with a better grasp than I do with the ranking system thinks the information provided can up his rankings a bit, feel free to try to do so. (Also I apologize for any typos and the such I might've done while writing this, it was 3:00 AM Central Time when I was doing so.)

Yeah, Jin's profile is a bit of a mess and the elementary particles manipulation isn't organized the best. He does have Absolute Zero Ice Manipulation, but that's not the only thing he uses his elementary particle manipulation can do like what's implied. Ice is the only elemental he has as far as elemental attacks yes, but he do actually do a lot of general things for defense and versatility advantages. Such as blocking Artifice Siren's beam by freezing the Photons in the beam. But that's on my list of projects to take care of.

I was also planning to give him two keys since while still on Myhtra's level, is not quite as OP as he is in the main game during the Legend of Torna. His Absolute Zero and brokenly haxed elementary particle manipulation is something more akin to his main game key, but his first key will still have regular Ice Manipulation among his swordsmanship.

Back