• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
"Like a hologram. You have a two-dimensional surface that contains information about a three-dimensional object, the hologram, which is reconstructed when you shine laser light on it."

In addition they also say

"Or like Plato," John said. "We are prisoners in a cave and all we perceive is shadows cast on the wall outside, shadows of reality." "Yes," I said. "But now Alia is saying the shadows are the reality. I think."

Gea said to me, "This is like the holographic principle. An early attempt at quantum gravity theory."

As far as I know the universe being the holographic principle would count as Data Manipulation

This seems to make sense, yes. You should probably ask DontTalkDT to confirm it here though.

Context? This sounds like a analogy for something being projected. That could in practice be a number of things, not just data.

The quote also doesn't show someone actually doing something with it. Even if we are talking about some kind of data, it is only data manipulation when someone directly manipulates it.

This is talking about how configuration space views 3-D space, and the god tiers are Low 1-C for being able to reality warp configuration space.

The holographic principle is a weird scientific theory that basically says the universe is a simulation relative to a higher level of existence.

Okay. I suppose that this suggestion has been rejected then. Thank you for helping out.

I didn't see your response before I posted mine. Sorry.

Let's wait to see what DTDT thinks.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
The holographic principle is a weird scientific theory that basically says the universe is a simulation relative to a higher level of existence.
I'm not an expert, but I think that's a stretch of what it actually says. According the wikipedia it states "that the description of a volume of space can be thought of as encoded on a lower-dimensional boundary to the region".

That is a statement about information in traditional sense, not as treating the world as a literal simulation.

In fact, with the holographic principle being something that could possibly apply to real life I don't think manipulating a world that has it would be considered data manipulation. Given that we humans can also manipulate the world around us without such a power.

Given, I'm not sure if the verse means the actual holographic principle or means something else. Like 3D reality being a sort of shadow of higher dimensional space or something.

The physical multiverse (Which contains infinity^infinity universes) is just an illusion "projected" from configuration space, and these quotes talk about configuration space.

Still don't see why that would make manipulating it data manipulation.

A projection doesn't need to be data.

Back