• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Writers and Roleplayers: Favorite OC you have created?

So I’m genuinely curious, since I know a decent amount of people in this community either write stories or have participated in role-playing of some kind.

what character have you created, do you like the most?

can be from anything you’ve done or written, or simply something you’ve made up in the past. Feel free to go into detail!

made an OC for a roleplay here based on Rorschach's look with a bunch of arsenals that make him the second John Constantine

needless to say, it was a pretty fun character to use for roleplaying, sadly the roleplay isn't popular and it was dead I think

It's funny. My nick comes from a character I made for certain rp groups a long time ago now (9 years): Lephyr Cassirer. You would think they would be my favorite based on that alone.

He isn't. My favorite character I have created for RPs (and current protagonist of majority of my stories) is actually the descendant to that character: Captain Ripple d'Lephyr. Ripple is part of an ongoing multi-d&d campaign a group of friends and I run from time to time. We have a giant expansive world touching on several of the canonical d&d settings. He specifically hails from the land of Eberron, as a man cursed to become a Fey creature, representing the duality of man: Wild creatures tamed through Social norms. He's the latest in the line of the archetype of the classic hero from fairytales (one of the themes in Eberron as explained by it's creator Keith Baker is that the land experiences a cycle of stories that repeat themselves, reflections and recollections from the world of the Fey, the place where these stories are born, with every subsequent retelling a mere projection/shadow of the originals). The knight that defeated the Naga.

But he's an anomaly. He's a story that gained its own identity. Started going against the cycle and the archetype. Because he's a child of men, and men rebel; men gamble away their lives; men are passionate; men cling to their personal faiths; men refuse to backdown. He's going against the cycle of stories and the draconic prophecy (the central story in Eberron lore), and the theme is if Man can escape it's own destiny of self-destruction. He has yet to do it.

P2EX3gS.png

It says in spanish: "I'm still a genius"

This guy, from the TUPPERBOX RP series of Discord roleplay servers I made
I didn't create him but I do co-own him and I have written stuff for him so it counts IG. Me and my friends are even making a wiki for the roleplays on Wikidot and its going well so far, as well as a several chapter-long conclusion story to the last arc of the most recent installment of the server in the works

Favorite, eh? Man, there's been a ton that I have loved to roleplay with across the years. But I would think my favorite so far still has to be a character called The Ayin. Each time I always come back to her because I just love her character so much. She's very much a god-like being, capable of warping and editing reality to her wishes and basically can erase anything in existence. Yet, what makes her such a good character in my eyes is that with all of this power, she is the servant of an even greater being (or, realm, in this case) known as the Void Beyond. Eons (or who knows how long since time doesn't even pass there) the Ayin was sent there, driven almost insane by the nothingness surrounding her until she became the Void Beyond's herald.

She can still feel emotions, and yet, can't do anything about her situation. Which is what makes it even worse, having to watch as she cannot do anything about her current situation. All of that power amounts to nothing but a servant, perpetually alone and virtually unable to do anything about it. A tragic character.

I have several in no particular order until the end.

Simara: She's probably the one I've spent the second most time with and one of the large group I've never even written a word about in a doc, she'd also be fucky as all hell so i never plan to add her to FC/OC due to tiering problems and the fact I'd actually need to work to make her a profile. Oh, and the fact I'd need to add another character with an even longer list of bullshit to properly index her.

Palaria: from one end of the spectrum to the other, Palaria is by a long shot the OC I've written the most about and have used the most, as my main character in 3 RPs(including a defunct one) it's no surprise Palaria is a personal fave of mine.

Shalor: He is the first, and only, RP-only OC I'm putting here, everyone else here has originated from a story outside of an RP, and... well if you know the Ragnarök well enough you know I enjoy Shalor a lot.

Telnarann: Remember that other character in my Simara segment that I said I'd need to make to properly index her? Yeah that's this guy. By far, wide, and put a few ******* void whales in front of it my Oldest OC. Period. And to put it simply, he's changed a lot more then any other character on top of it and he went through multiple re-runs until he settled as the first named OC with a fleshed out backstory as well as being the first ever.

I would go into detail but I may make an RP set in that "series" in-future so I'm not spoiling shit.

So uh... in order...
1. Palaria
2. Simara
3. Shalor
4. Telnarann

Val, easily.

By far one of my most popular characters in a roleplay, and one I really enjoyed playing with. I'd also thought of bringing her back in the RP she originated from, and I have some great ways to flesh her out even more, and even provide some character development while still providing the Power Goddess Mommy flair that I think a lot of other people enjoyed.

Well, I figured I'll toss my two favorite characters into the mix since I asked everyone else too.

The longest-running, and most developed Orginal Character I've made to date. Anyone who's glanced over the Rangerok thread has probably seen him pop up, he's one of the "main" characters in that RP.

To keep his backstory brief, he idolized Pro Wrestling as a child, to the point of obsession. After a Calamity struck the world, forcing people to either die, survive in a wasteland, or escape into a strange universe called the "Dream World", David chose to escape into the land of dreams, using the abilities he was granted to become a real-life "Superhero", taking the stage name of his favorite Pro Wrestler in the process.

Idealistic, dogmatic, and uh...not very intelligent, David immediately was put at odds with most of the main party members, causing various character-specific moments that caused uh...most of the people he was around to either hate him or want him dead, for the most part. Aside from his wife, another OC who was able to look past David's many...many flaws.

Anyway...so uh...David, through various different failures, burnt bridges, physical torture, and uh...accidentally killing thousands of people, began to change as a character, evolving into...less of an asshole. More chill, less reckless, that kind of thing.

It's hard to summarize 300 pages worth of development but uh...point is, He had a long-spanning, emotional character arc that I really enjoyed writing.

His Fighting Style was inspired by fictional Pro Wrestlers like Marvelous Seki, combined with gravity manipulation that was mostly used to amplify his wrestling techniques. later incorporating Body Control inspired by Kars.

Here are his three profiles (Yes, three, the RP has been running for years, yes all of them are poorly made):

King Tiger (Part 1)

King Tiger (Part 2)

King Tiger (Part 3)

A much newer OC, but one I've had the most fun RPing above anyone else. A fail son Noblemen, who ran away from a heavily abusive household. Physically weak and timid, he's pretty much the opposite of David in most ways.

His main character arc is him overcoming his trauma, and developing to be generally a more competent person. Unlike David, I didn't really have any concrete inspiration for his fighting style or abilities, but I suppose I thought of it after playing an enchanter in modded Skyrim. Take of that what you will. His name, "Siglos" is actually based on the coin of the same name, used in ancient Persia. While his given name "Darius" is based on one of the Persian emperors, Darius the Great.

Here's his profile.

A much newer OC, but one I've had the most fun RPing above anyone else. A fail son Noblemen, who ran away from a heavily abusive household. Physically weak and timid, he's pretty much the opposite of David in most ways.

His main character arc is him overcoming his trauma, and developing to be generally a more competent person. Unlike David, I didn't really have any concrete inspiration for his fighting style or abilities, but I suppose I thought of it after playing an enchanter in modded Skyrim. Take of that what you will. His name, "Siglos" is actually based on the coin of the same name, used in ancient Persia. While his given name "Darius" is based on one of the Persian emperors, Darius the Great.

Here's his profile.
I dunno man. I recall he seems really overused in that overly long romance plot in the RP he was from. In fact I'm pretty sure most of that RP is just Siglos and Sylvia doing romance stuff

As far as backstories and characters I really appreciate My Dark Priestess character who was a post-apocalyptic cult leader.

Other than her I enjoy my composite human character, my heiress to an electric company, my witchcrafter, and of course my original PC from the first Save the World.

I dunno man. I recall he seems really overused in that overly long romance plot in the RP he was from. In fact I'm pretty sure most of that RP is just Siglos and Sylvia doing romance stuff
Are you in said RP? No? Then why you complaining about people doing what they enjoy in said RP?

I'm sorry Pepper, but I have to admit that Reaper gave you a good papeada (term used to represent a humiliating response or one that makes the other person feel bad, it can contain insults or derogatory comments, be passive aggressive or completely respectful[in this case is], as long as the former is fulfilled. This word is use in Spanish forums and sites like Twitter)

I'm sorry Pepper, but I have to admit that Reaper gave you a good papeada (term used to represent a humiliating response or one that makes the other person feel bad, it can contain insults or derogatory comments, be passive aggressive or completely respectful[in this case is], as long as the former is fulfilled. This word is use in Spanish forums and sites like Twitter)
Man really pulled out a full definition lmao

Not even an OC I've put into practice (and probably will never get the chance to put into practice), BUT

Literally all ******* day I can't get this idea out of my head about a super skilled tall af nun with a giant buster sword who fights demons for a living. Idk where this idea came from but I haven't been able to shake it out of my head and I've already made a bunch of lore and character for her in my head-

Not even an OC I've put into practice (and probably will never get the chance to put into practice), BUT

Literally all ******* day I can't get this idea out of my head about a super skilled tall af nun with a giant buster sword who fights demons for a living. Idk where this idea came from but I haven't been able to shake it out of my head and I've already made a bunch of lore and character for her in my head-
"Go with God," She said, sheathing her sword as she looked back at the bisected hellspawn.

Back