• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Would this count as a type of immortality?

The_Divine_Phoenix

She/Her
VS Battles
Image Helper
Yet another .hack question.

Basically, .hack is about the characters playing a game called The World, a game within a game type scenario, so, my question is whether or not them coming back after being killed would be considered immortality or game mechanics?

Personally, i don't think its game mechanics, given there are major plot points about people not coming back after they get killed by infected players, but i'd like to get some outside input. I would also like to know what kind of immortality would be applicable in this situation, if any.

So, are the people actually killed, and brought back with all their memories, at the same or a later time than their death?

Cause if so, that would be Type 4 for them ingame.

They are, yes, hell, a lot of the story is based around PKing (Player Killing), they come back pretty much right after they die, except if they are in an area, they come back outside of it.

Would the infected PCs that can stop them from coming back get Resurrection Negation then?

Type 4 for the players, the infected ones that can keep them dead would get a form of Existance Erasure, but you would have to specify that can overcome the Type 4

So the argument against it seems to be that it is considered game mechanics because they don't control when they come back and the game just does it for them, despite being canon game mechanics, interesting.

Although the case does seem somewhat different here, also type 4 seems more likely than type 9, i would think, it likely is still applicable here, good to know.

Back