• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Worm: Eidolon CRT (at least it was until I kept adding stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apeironaxim

He/Him

Eidolon's profile was missing a good amount of stuff, and could look better, so I added what was missing that I could find, and separated the powers he's given into a Potential Powers tabber.

Besides adding a bunch of powers, there's other stuff that should be changed:

AP:
Multi-Continent level (He's the only hero besides Scion considered powerful enough to defeat an Endbringer. He emulated String Theory's G-Driver)
This is Eidolon's justification for High 6-A, but I don't think it's totally accurate on the G Driver part
She banished the ghost in an instant, recreated the one who had created the dark blotches in the sky.

The blotches began to move, gravitating towards Scion.

Concentrated in one spot.

She plotted this, planned out the extended attack.

I felt my hair stir, drifting towards that spot.

I’d seen something similar, once upon a time. I backed away until I was able to grab something for a hold.

They all gathered into a single dot, and the effect intensified.

The effect around Scion broke, and he began drifting towards the dark point.

He resisted, and I could sense something from him. Not alarm, but a reaction nonetheless.

From Glaistig Uaine and Eidolon’s body language, they saw it too.

He reached out, one hand stretched towards the center of the effect.

And Eidolon used a power, effectively detonating the effect, reversing it.

The G-driver had sent Scion flying into the atmosphere. Eidolon had apparently taken a lesson from it, because he’d emulated the effect. Here, Scion was plunged into the water.
As shown here, Eidolon didn't emulate the G driver on his own, he used a power to reverse GU's pseudo black hole power, which is what ended up emulating the G Driver. Because of this, I propose GU's High 6-A justification should be something along the lines of "Used a power that emulated the G Driver when reversed". Eidolon's reasoning would then change to be along the lines of "Should be comparable to GU at his best". Scion's little bit would also need to be changed a little to reflect this, likely just needing to include he'd be stronger than Eidolon and GU, the latter of which having a power that emulates the G Driver when reversed.

Lifting/Striking Strength:
Lifting Strength: Varies, up to Class M (He can get strength on par with Alexandria's).

Striking Strength: Varies, up to at least Large Building Class
Eidolon currently gets Class M by being able to get strength on par with Alexandria, with his Striking Strength presumably following this same logic. However, the only evidence I could find of this is during the fight against Behemoth.
Eidolon had added his own abilities to the fray. He had adopted something similar to Alexandria’s powerset, fighting in melee, ducking in only long enough to deliver a blow, then backing away before Behemoth’s kill aura could roast him from the inside. Eidolon was using another power as well, one I’d seen him deploy against Echidna. A slowing bubble.
"Similar to Alexandria's powerset" doesn't seem like enough to justify he can get strength on par with her, especially since anyone who can fly, hit hard, and take hard hits is called an "Alexandria package" already. Unless there's other evidence for more concrete ratings, his LS and SS should instead be "Varies"

Durability:

Eidolon's durability would be changed from
Street level (His armor can tank gunshots), up to at least Large Building level
to
Street level (His armor can tank gunshots), up to Multi-Continental level
The reason is simple. Under the Unknown section in Eidolon's durability, there's a bit about a power letting him survive "indirect hits" from Scion. However, when looking at the chapter linked, Eidolon's power he had at the time, crystal armor, straight up lets him survive a sustained attack from Scion.

Range:

Range is equally simple. Currently Eidolon's range is "Tens of meters." But considering Eidolon straight up pulls cliffs from other universes, as well as being able to cross into other universes, his range should be "Varies, up to Interdimensional".

Alexandria:

Simple proposal, Alexandria's dura should just be Unknown. All the evidence is on the page already
Invulnerability (Her body is in a type of stasis, making injuring her through normal means difficult, if not virtually impossible)
At least Multi-Continent level+ (Capable of withstanding Scion's attacks [11], with Scion needing to resort to Durability Negation to destroy her body [12]). Her invulnerability makes her hard to injure through normal means (Her body is in a type of stasis preventing her from normal harm. Word of God implies that the only things capable of harming her negate durability in some way [13])
As said by the page, her body is in stasis, basically stopped in time, so durability doesn't really apply, with Scion needing to use Stilling to rip her apart and Wildbow all but outright saying you need some kind of dura neg. So just remove "At least Multi-Continent level+" and replace it with "Unknown".

Coil:

Currently, Coil's power is listed as a combination of precog and fate manip. The precog part is of course fine, that's obvious, but the problem I feel is the fate manip. I think it should be replaced by Alternate Future Display.
Coil can mentally simulate two timelines and experience future events and act in both of them, and then decide which one will happen in reality; once he chooses, that timeline will run as simulated
This is how it's explained on the profile, which fits with Alternate Future Display, as he is seeing two timelines that could happen depending on which one he chooses to happen. What makes this not Fate manip however, is another mechanic of the power said by Wildbow
Think of it more like when he chooses a future to follow, his thoughts/actions automatically follow that script until it's done, and then he can think freely again.
So what's happening is Coil sees two timelines, chooses which one he'd rather want to happen, and his power will have him automatically act how he did in that timeline to reach that conclusion/result. This would have the consequence of also giving Coil Limited Instinctive Reaction.

So Coil's Fate manip gets replaced by Alternate Future Display, and he also gets Limited Instinctive Reaction.

Gavel:

Gavel currently has Invulnerability for his power
Invulnerability (Gavel can only take so much damage at a time, reducing all damage he takes to a set amount; he can transfer this invulnerability to objects, such as his hammer, and to others)
However by the description, this is just blatantly Damage Reduction, so it should be changed to that instead. Though from what i've heard Gavel's profile existed before Damage Reduction's existence on the wiki, so it's understandable why it isn't that in the first place. Well kinda, he was only created like a month before it

rip he didn't go with listing every eden power as a possible eidolon ability due to admin characteristics

but yeah looks fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back