• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I dunno, unless there's something putting off cougars from exceptionally large males, I'm pretty sure the cougar still takes this. It literally states in the Puma's profile that it can break through wolf skulls and spines with its bites.

IvoryAS said:
Puma FRA. IIRC, a wolf can't normally win against a puma without a pack.
you seam to know a lot about animals , i can admire that , anyways , yeah i agree , in a face to face , cougar wins due to sueperior weapons (Claws and Teeth) , weight , speed and Is typically more agressive in 1 v 1 fight.

I wouldn't necessarily say that the Cougar's teeth are better weapons compared to the Wolf's, considering the Wolf has a bite force almost 5x that of a Cougar. However, I do agree with the Cougar having more options, and being physically stronger and more durable.

When it comes to speed, the Cougars are 20 kph faster, but it usually is in short bursts (because the Cougar's stamina isn't that great, while the Wolf has a noticeable advantage).

To be honest, I would likely place my bets on if the Cougar could get the Wolf, before the Wolf tires it out. It probably would though, thanks to quicker lunges that the Wolf might not be able to react to, and claws that could grip onto the Wolf's flesh.

puma high diff. far more agile and their ability to claw far better lets them keep back a large wolf. Wolf has more endurance though.

Back