• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wizard Player additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Power Nullification - The Player can dispel many types of magic and abilities (Life [healing, creation, morality manipulation], Death [mind, death, fear, willpower life-force manipulation etc], Storm, Fire, Ice , Myth [illusions])

Reactive Evolution - When The Player get's hit with a dispel, he gains a "Dispel shield", bascially with a dispel shield, another dispel can no longer work, so he gains resistance to the nullification of his magic spells.

Immortality (Type 8; Only applicable to Divine Paradox).

The divine Paradox is linked with the might of Bartleby. The Divine paradox is infused with Bartleby's essence/magic, and he takes over Bartleby's role as the mortar that binds Raven and Spider together when Barltbey was sick, and The Player is protected by him. As such, if The Player were to die, Bartleby would simply bring him back.

That doesn't really seem like reactive evolution but other stuff makes sense.

Really?

It should be something along the lines of adaption though. Dispelling of magic can't work a second time on him

Also, I want to add a picture for the paradox, but I don't wanna F it up, so can someone upload this and name the key/tab name as "Divine Paradox"
Divine Paradox

Yeah but mounting resistaces or immunities like that is a pretty common game mechanic to stop powerful status effects being used over and over to lock people into stuff, like with Darkest Dungeo, but I don't think I can give everyone in the game adaptation due to stat resists going up after suffering the effect. Also if it's a shield wouldn't it just he a spell being cast to provide this resist?

No, the dispel shield is granted to him straight after he is hit with the first dispel. But if it is considered game mechanics then I guess we can disregard that. But seeing the history of the game, it will probably become a spell really soon. Like, the player is granted a stun shield if he gets stunned, but it is also a real spell he can cast

If others are fine with it I'd be okay with it, I just see this commonly enough as a stock game mechanic that I'm unsure that we would use it for a power.

If we use it it's time to give adaptation to everyone in darkest dungeon lol

I'm fine with this. Neutral on the Reactive Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back