• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Winter Warfare: Cold Streaks RP

Backbackback

He/Him
(The registration is in this thread. This includes the startup lore and the template for your characters. You could join midway, but you need to fill up the following requirements before doing so.)

In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? If so, then how come we are aware of 'it'? Or possibly, we are simply given a false sense of freedom. Like the cold hands of something unknown hovering above us as we glee and joy over the trivial things that this deity has placed for us to celebrate?

This being or entity can control our lives, our destinies, and the decisions that we make.

Is it a god?

Is this the will of our creator?

Or is it the unknown that is there, something that has been watching us all our lives and is now starting to present itself?

The only answer to all of this is that all things are in the hand of those above us.

No matter how many times they try to fight against this being, no matter if they attempt to deny it, it will not go away.

There is no such thing as absolute truth, only absolute ignorance. The one thing we can know is how to live. A war against something unknown and looming. Restricting one's freedom to choose. To live a life that does not fit into the predetermined path that the entity has set.

It isn't easy to find the answers. We need to discover the reasons why this entity wants to keep us in its grip, and why it wants us enslaved. Is it because of its power? Is it because that we are mere puppets created by it's design? Is it because of the authority that it has over us?

How could the creation fight against its creator?

This is a story of those who rebelled. A fate about those crazy enough to fight against their deity.

What matters not is who or what it is.

All that matters now is those who wins gets to decide who is right.

Just like they say...

History is written by victors.

A man in the rain sat in the clouds as he ponders these thoughts.

"Maybe, they are true after all. If so, then are all of this... just a pointless battle?" the man muttered as he puts his hand below his cheek, thinking.

"I mean... why would we even go 'there' if we know we'd die anyway? Kind of a useless struggle" the man says as he shrugs it off, jumping down from the cloud.

12bdc46d09c6f6c7058dfcbb5dc43246.jpg

The man can see crimson rift tears through time and space, a red-blooded stream of lightning flashes outside of it turning into a man in a black suit with red eyes, entirely wrapped in lightning.
"Uh? ... This ... This is not Alphanor 385-B, where am I?", he asks to himself, looking around confused.

The man can see crimson rift tears through time and space, a red-blooded stream of lightning flashes outside of it turning into a man in a black suit with red eyes, entirely wrapped in lightning.
"Uh? ... This ... This is not Alphanor 385-B, where am I?", he asks to himself, looking around confused.
The man on the rain sees him and speeds his way to investigate. "Introduce yourself. You've entered a private property belonging to UIMGECA." says the man, pointing his umbrella at him

At that Mark rises his hands slowly.
"Uhhh ... I am Mark Morrigan, former space ranger of the Interstellar Human Empire and now current sentinel that race across the universe ... which I think is no longer the one I came from since I cannot perceive the energy signature that I have left across the stars"

A gap opens in space, unstable, quickly closes and a man in a trench coat is all that remains, gasping for air.

"That was close" he said before looking at the two men.

".........Hello" he said as he waved his left hand awkwardly.

A gap opens in space, unstable, quickly closes and a man in a trench coat is all that remains, gasping for air.

"That was close" he said before looking at the two men.

".........Hello" he said as he waved his left hand awkwardly.
"You too, stand down. This is a private property belonging to UIMGECA." says the man in the rain, with lightning striking a lot more loudly than usual. "If any of you were to move, you'll be neutralized immediately."

"Okay, I'll go out of here, you don't have to get mad" said Jack as he tried to open a portal to get out of there
"Wait, stop! You are not permitted to leave" says the man calmly as he approaches them by walking down the rain "You and that other guy will be taken to custody, come with me. There, you will tell why you have come here and the higher ups will see if your actions are justified or not"

While she wasn't completely visible due to her distance from the group, another stood in this area, also a member of the UIMGECA. She kind of just blankly stared at the situation while handling her own business.

Jack just raised an eyebrow and sighed, it was going to be a long day.

"...Okey"
At that Mark rises his hands slowly.
"Uhhh ... I am Mark Morrigan, former space ranger of the Interstellar Human Empire and now current sentinel that race across the universe ... which I think is no longer the one I came from since I cannot perceive the energy signature that I have left across the stars"
The two are taken towards the gate. Keith then uses his powers, the rain picking off parts of his body as some of them went to the door.
While she wasn't completely visible due to her distance from the group, another stood in this area, also a member of the UIMGECA. She kind of just blankly stared at the situation while handling her own business.
"Hey, mind opening the door for me." says Keith, parts of his mouth and most of the left side of his body appearing suddenly near the woman. "I have to check into those dude over there, sorry to bother your business again. I'll be sure to treat you shawarma later"

"Sooo ... what's this organisation that you work for? I am really curious about the social structure of other civilizations", Mark says with a friendly smile.

"Sooo ... what's this organisation that you work for? I am really curious about the social structure of other civilizations", Mark says with a friendly smile.
Keith looks back with some part of his mouth. "It's an organization designated at searching, neutralizing and investigating threats that are Extraterrestrial. Right now, we have issues dealing with otherworldly creatures coming to our planet: Goddesses, monsters, spirits, and others alike introduce themselves as friendly and trustworthy individuals. But some have infiltrated our base and began stealing private information. Some even began their propaganda, spreading their beliefs through people without any powers, while some even killed for what they desire. The world that you think you know is different. People here fight for reasons they don't understand, causes they don't believe in.... " says Keith

"So, we began securing and guarding every important place that is essential for the public's safety. And you two aren't the ones we have on custody."

(Imma sleep now, timezones)

The two are taken towards the gate. Keith then uses his powers, the rain picking off parts of his body as some of them went to the door.

"Hey, mind opening the door for me." says Keith, parts of his mouth and most of the left side of his body appearing suddenly near the woman. "I have to check into those dude over there, sorry to bother your business again. I'll be sure to treat you shawarma later"
Johanna simply moved towards the door and opened it without speaking or smiling. She didn't come off as the kindest person, but she at least helped out.

Keith looks back with some part of his mouth. "It's an organization designated at searching, neutralizing and investigating threats that are Extraterrestrial. Right now, we have issues dealing with otherworldly creatures coming to our planet: Goddesses, monsters, spirits, and others alike introduce themselves as friendly and trustworthy individuals. But some have infiltrated our base and began stealing private information. Some even began their propaganda, spreading their beliefs through people without any powers, while some even killed for what they desire. The world that you think you know is different. People here fight for reasons they don't understand, causes they don't believe in.... " says Keith

"So, we began securing and guarding every important place that is essential for the public's safety. And you two aren't the ones we have on custody."

(Imma sleep now, timezones)
"Judging by the amount of informations that you have spilled I guess that your organisation isn't that secret"

"Judging by the amount of informations that you have spilled I guess that your organisation isn't that secret"
"That information is the most basic. It hasn't even scratched the surface. What you've heard is just the tip of the iceberg. You'll know soon that moment you get through that door" says Keith as parts of his body returns, pointing his umbrella and the now opened door. "Now get moving"

Jack followed the order
You and Mark are greeted with a big and gigantic facility, filled with tools that are intricate, futuristic, and minimalistic. Keith then called Johanna to check up on the two. "Hey, come here. I need you to check on these two. I'll go to HQ and report." says Keith as it began raining again, both seeing him slowly walk among the raindrops

You and Mark are greeted with a big and gigantic facility, filled with tools that are intricate, futuristic, and minimalistic. Keith then called Johanna to check up on the two. "Hey, come here. I need you to check on these two. I'll go to HQ and report." says Keith as it began raining again, both seeing him slowly walk among the raindrops
"Babysitting...great." She said. She was wearing a long, heavy jacket similar to the one shown below in the random Pinterest image.

3487b07999aa9c36b3fb2cf759105547c8-eddie.rdeep-vertical.w245.jpg

She carried herself lazily, practically like a child being told what to to do. Her demeanor just told you she didn't want to be there, but her face didn't say anything, it was just emotionless. A barrier of energy began to form around them. "Don't worry about that...it's just to make sure you don't do anything stupid while he's away."

"Babysitting...great." She said. She was wearing a long, heavy jacket similar to the one shown below in the random Pinterest image.

3487b07999aa9c36b3fb2cf759105547c8-eddie.rdeep-vertical.w245.jpg

She carried herself lazily, practically like a child being told what to to do. Her demeanor just told you she didn't want to be there, but her face didn't say anything, it was just emotionless. A barrier of energy began to form around them. "Don't worry about that...it's just to make sure you don't do anything stupid while he's away."
"Pff no barrier know to man or God can contain Turbo Boost", Mark said with a grin.

Jack sighed, Omega was already screaming in his mind to get her out of this barrier, she hated being confined to something as mundane as a barrier.

"Let's just get this over with quickly, will you?" Jack said

As Keith was still walking amongst the raindrops, he can faintly hear the conversation right as he's about to go away. "You never give an old man his break huh" he says as he continues towards the HQ, with a guy waving his hands, signalling that he must go down.

"Sir, this way! Over here!" the guy says.

"Well if isn't Mr, Stevens. I'm glad to see you go out for a while" says Keith, disabling the rain as he walks with an umbrella as his cane.

"So... About the early incident. What's the commotion about?" says Mr. Stevens, curious about what happened.

"Well, two guys appeared like clowns on the private spot, so I told them heathens to get out before I slap them back to where they belong. Good thing Johanna was there, so I told her to guard them until I report to the higher ups" says Keith, slight tired and wanted to sleep.

"Oh, well then, let's go this way shall we" says Mr. Stevens to Keith before showing the way to the base.

After a while, Keith looked over the situation.

"Sir, we have major problems with Extraterrestrials. According to the data sample, about 67% of the undiscovered species have now started to appear as of now. This may be the cause for the sudden lightning a while back. We'll report this to the higher-ups as fast as we can, but for now, you must check on them. Ms. Jean may not be in the mood to do it." says Stevens to Keith.

"Right," he says before it began raining once more, coming back to check the two.

"Pff no barrier know to man or God can contain Turbo Boost", Mark said with a grin.
"So, tell me. Why have you come here in this place?" he says, appearing behind him, with his umbrella acting as a cane as he sits on the rain like a chair.
Jack sighed, Omega was already screaming in his mind to get her out of this barrier, she hated being confined to something as mundane as a barrier.

"Let's just get this over with quickly, will you?" Jack said
"That includes you too. Young man" says Keith
"Mhm." She said, not really caring what in the world this person was talking about.
"I got this, go back to your station and report. I've already told Steven about the current status quo. They need you there for something." says Keith to Johanna.

The barrier came down. "Don't have two much fun, you two." She said to the people being interrogated as she left.
Keith looked at Johanna and nodded but looks back at the two as the rain seemingly "phased through" the ceiling. It's as if it was intangible..."
"Go on, Jack, tell me... What do you feel right now?"

"Boredom" Jack blurted out, it was an emotion that he and Omega now shared in their situation.

"I mean this place looks good, but I'm sure I can't go on my own to investigate." he explian

"Boredom" Jack blurted out, it was an emotion that he and Omega now shared in their situation.

"I mean this place looks good, but I'm sure I can't go on my own to investigate." he explian
At that moment, Keith locked that emotion in place. It was subtle enough for them to not notice it yet.
"Okay... What about you, Speedster?" says Keith to Mark, looking at him the same way he did to Jack

"Accidents happen, yes. So what now? What will you do knowing the state of this world? If you don't help us, then your world and the other worlds are gone and they would be none the wiser" says Keith
At that Mark closes his eyes, taking a deep breath and opens his eyes again.

"I ... remember the first time, I always do", he says as he takes a few steps and waves a hand, creating images of pure red energy.

"I run ... I slide across the waves of the cosmos, shifting between the stars and witness new realms being born ... and shatter eons after eons", he tell as the images duplicates his memories.

"I see cosmic giants dying in nameless battles against forsaken entities, cursing the universe in the language of ancient gods, I see masters of flickering empires rising, unleashing conquests after conquests, champions after champions standing up against the threads of destiny ... I see heroes fight heroes, brothers fight brothers in an endless spiral of violence", he continues.

"But I see also the spark of a rebellious fellowship, rising through a mere glimpse of hope ... and it is for hope that I run across the four corners of the universe, fulfilling a promise that I have made to my friends a long time ago, no matter how long it takes or far how I have to travel ... I'll fulfill that promise ... and give them back a home", he says to then speak again to Keith.

"So I'll help you, I'll fight ... and free your home"

At that Mark closes his eyes, taking a deep breath and opens his eyes again.

"I ... remember the first time, I always do", he says as he takes a few steps and waves a hand, creating images of pure red energy.

"I run ... I slide across the waves of the cosmos, shifting between the stars and witness new realms being born ... and shatter eons after eons", he tell as the images duplicates his memories.

"I see cosmic giants dying in nameless battles against forsaken entities, cursing the universe in the language of ancient gods, I see masters of flickering empires rising, unleashing conquests after conquests, champions after champions standing up against the threads of destiny ... I see heroes fight heroes, brothers fight brothers in an endless spiral of violence", he continues.

"But I see also the spark of a rebellious fellowship, rising through a mere glimpse of hope ... and it is for hope that I run across the for corners of the universe, fulfilling a promise that I have made to my friends a long time ago, no matter how long it takes or far how I have to travel ... I'll fulfill that promise ... and give them back a home", he says to then speak again to Keith.

"So I'll help you, I'll fight ... and free your home"
"For a young man, your fighting spirit is exceptional..... But I have a question.
Do you think we have free will?" says Keith to Mark

Back