• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Will this make Peak Human faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest it mostly depends on the tree, but results tend to range from Class 10 to Class 25, there are Class 5 trees of course, so we first need to find what kind of tree Cap lifted. My point was that this is clearly a superhuman feat for Cap.

The 2500 lb (1136.36 kg) leg press shouldn't have been taken at face value since we don't see the machine itself. If it's a 45 degree leg press, he's probably lifting closer to 948 kg, which is Class 1 (1136.36*sin(45 degrees) +0.18*1136.36 for friction).

@Spino - It would depend on the size of the tree, as well as the density of the wood...same with telephone poles. 318 kg to 3000 kg

I just noticed that a kick like that would generate 783.225 joules of energy, it's a shame Composite Human is not around anymore.

Hmmn it seems that Wikipedia cited official sources, I suppose 12.43 is a better border then.

Though wouldn't that make Peak Human really really small, like 10.13 to 12.43 m/s?

Did that value take into account the time he need to accelerate? I think we're using his maximum speed during the race.

Edit: That seems to be the case, but then I wonder where 12.51 m/s came from.

I am fine with if you apply the changes agreed upon by Therefir and Spino.

well, Eddie Hall is not a human, He is a monster lol

The maximum of a death lifting is 500 kilograms, but that comes from warming up in order to be able to lift that weight.

But without warming up, he can do 450 kilos for real or first lift

That could be applied to Usain Bolt's case too, he required considerable training and effort to reach that speed, it was not something he could easily achieve whenever he wanted to.

Yes. Good catch. That will need to be corrected as well.

Is some staff member willing to handle this? You should link to the evidence for the new ratings within the relevant pages.

Thank you. I have unlocked them. Tell me here when you are done.

I don't think a change like this should have been done.

It's a minuscule change that's bound to require alterations again regularly in the future. And it's really difficult to find pages that are actually affected by this.

It seems to just introduce hard to fix inaccuracies for the sake of making things 1% more accurate.

At least when we're changing tier borders it's due to calculation inaccuracies which would (hopefully) never need to be fixed in the future, and at least we have tier categories to make the fixes easy.

I personally support the change, and think that adjustments in the few cases that will be affected can be found and corrected gradually over the years.

That seems like the annoying part about it. It's going to be really hard to even find out which pages are affected by it, especially with how few people know about the change.

I forgot the link sadly.

But it was for a very, very, very short period of time, around a second or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back