• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Will Dragon Ball Daima have profiles?

TegamiBachi25

He/Him
As title states, will Daima once it finished will have profiles or is it too much of a hassle? Will it be part of the Canon articles or otherwise, since toriyama stated it will be an original story separate from DBS/canon, or in the Toei continuity?

As title states, will Daima once it finished will have profiles or is it too much of a hassle?
It can be a little difficult to find (I sincerely mean this, it took me using the forum search feature & CTRL+F-ing part of the title I remembered.) but Dragon Ball has a VERY active discussion thread, & many supporters:

Over 43,000 posts, with some as new as a few hours ago.

It's an iconic franchise within the VS Debating community.
I don't often post there, but I've little doubt there's interest in Daima.
Will it be part of the Canon articles or otherwise, since toriyama stated it will be an original story separate from DBS/canon, or in the Toei continuity?
I'm not sure what the exact statements are, but even the Toei Canon stuff (eventually) got profiles, & it's old media; Daima, as new DB material will likely have people actively checking it out as it's the new thing, giving all the more incentive to work on it.

So as for the question in the title of your thread, I'd confidently say "Yes".
As for the question of its canonocity, I'm not sure, but going off ONLY what you've said, if it was stated to be an original story, separate from Dragon Ball Super/canon, it probably won't be canon.
& who knows if it'll even align with Toei canon?
A lot remains to be seen.

Last edited:
It can be a little difficult to find (I sincerely mean this, it took me using the forum search feature & CTRL+F-ing part of the title I remembered.) but Dragon Ball has a VERY active discussion thread, & many supporters:

Over 43,000 posts, with some as new as a few hours ago.

It's an iconic franchise within the VS Debating community.
I don't often post there, but I've little doubt there's interest in Daima.

I'm not sure what the exact statements are, but even the Toei Canon stuff (eventually) got profiles, & it's old media; Daima, as new DB material will likely have people actively checking it out as it's the new thing, giving all the more incentive to work on it.

So as for the question in the title of your thread, I'd confidently say "Yes".
As for the question of its canonocity, I'm not sure, but going off ONLY what you've said, if it was stated to be an original story, separate from Dragon Ball Super/canon, it probably won't be canon.
& who knows if it'll even align with Toei canon?
A lot remains to be seen.
I’m under that it would be Toei article since if it isnt canon with DBS anime or non canon with the main canon. Im aware that we don’t even know if it’ll have transformations either like in GT since they show Goku returning to using the power pole even though he’s shrunk down and they never even shown him with any form much less SSJ or confirmed that there will be forms. If it does reference DBS anime stuff like broly but not others like DBS super hero, like say Goku references broly but not cell max, the gammas, or gohan and piccolo receiving new forms, would it be simply fanservice for DB fans, and how do we even start scaling them? The only characters we’ve seen so far is Goku, krillin, piccolo, Yamcha and a few others, with Vegeta and others will obviously being in.

I know it’s too early. It’s got me thinking hard

Last edited:
According to the words of Toriyama, Daima he will explain how the world and worlds of Dragon Ball are made up.

This was said in Daima's presentation.

so it's more likely canon for manga/anime
I’m under that it would be Toei article since if it isnt canon with DBS anime. Im aware that we don’t even know if it’ll have transformations either like in GT since they show Goku returning to using the power pole even though he’s shrunk down and they never even shown him with any form much less SSJ. If it does reference DBS anime stuff like broly but not others like DBS super hero, like say Goku references broly but not cell max, the gammas, or gohan and piccolo receiving new forms, would it be simply fanservice for DB fans, and how do we even start scaling them?

I’m under that it would be Toei article since if it isnt canon with DBS anime or non canon with the main canon. Im aware that we don’t even know if it’ll have transformations either like in GT since they show Goku returning to using the power pole even though he’s shrunk down and they never even shown him with any form much less SSJ or confirmed that there will be forms. If it does reference DBS anime stuff like broly but not others like DBS super hero, like say Goku references broly but not cell max, the gammas, or gohan and piccolo receiving new forms, would it be simply fanservice for DB fans, and how do we even start scaling them? The only characters we’ve seen so far is Goku, krillin, piccolo, Yamcha and a few others, with Vegeta and others will obviously being in.

I know it’s too early. It’s got me thinking hard

Last edited:
According to the words of Toriyama Daima, he will explain how the world and worlds of Dragon Ball are made up.

This was said in Daima's presentation.

so it's more likely canon for manga/anime
Wait, according to the words of Toriyama, as in Akira Toriyama: Daima would show how Dragon Ball's worlds are made up?

Well, that's painful to learn that Toei & Toriyama's apprentices will have to handle the burden of that themselves, if at all.
I think Akira Toriyama has already left all the material ready, i remember there are rumors of 12 episodes completed with a script by Akira Toriyama ( rumors ), the other episodes will be all through toei and that new DB company that opened.

i guess it depends on whenever the series takes place, I don't think it'd be profile worthy

It'd probably get attached to the DBS or DBZ profiles as a key

I’m under that it would be Toei article since if it isnt canon with DBS anime. Im aware that we don’t even know if it’ll have transformations either like in GT since they show Goku returning to using the power pole even though he’s shrunk down and they never even shown him with any form much less SSJ. If it does reference DBS anime stuff like broly but not others like DBS super hero, like say Goku references broly but not cell max, the gammas, or gohan and piccolo receiving new forms, would it be simply fanservice for DB fans, and how do we even start scaling them?
About this since it is a Toriyama project that had heavy involvement from him even in the scripts it is most certainly canon to DBS anime stuff as well and likely picks up from that (or, somewhat unlikely, the end of Z). if it includes events from the Toei Z timeline then it either means that it has retroactively canonized some stuff from toeiverse or it means that those events happened in the manga as well, just never shown (as is suggested a lot)

Back