• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why you little! I'll teach you to be a Glass Cannon!

ElixirBlue said:
Is this a stomp? How does Homer get past Alex's EE?
Homer has ranged weapons. And Alex requires verbal response to activate her stuff. Plus she doesn't really open with EE

Hm... what are both of their opening moves? Does Homer resort to projectiles first or physical?

ElixirBlue said:
Hm... what are both of their opening moves? Does Homer resort to projectiles first or physical?
If at range. Homer will likely go range gun. Alex is said to use more enemy based attacks. Or straight up laser blasts

Homer may be stupid but he isnt stupid enough to let someone say a spell to kill him, and besides pulling a trigger is far faster than having to say a sentence especially given how homer is a very dirty fighter

voting homer via shooting her before she can finish whatever she has to say

hold up. How would homer know about her spells? He does not tend to shoot first and ask questions later. I'd say Alex via AP, and the possibility to flat out insta kill him.

Necromercer said:
hold up. How would homer know about her spells? He does not tend to shoot first and ask questions later. I'd say Alex via AP stomp.
It's a fight. Why would he not shoot? If the points to kill. Then there's no reason he wouldn't shoot

Necromercer said:
Having seen the simpsons, I just don't see homer shooting first. He tends to open with insults.
Ehh. No. This is a fight. If it's a fight. He is going to fight. He wouldn't start blabbing insults and waste time.

But why not? it's what he does in canon in a good deal of his fights. (Granted, I've only seen about 300 episodes, so...IDK)

Necromercer said:
But why not? it's what he does in canon in a good deal of his fights. (Granted, I've only seen about 300 episodes, so...IDK)
Because that's not a fight. The moment the fight starts is the moment they start to actually do the fighting.

And using personality. Alex is extremely lazy. And wouldn't even really try to attack a normal human.

Buttersamuri said:
And Alex requires verbal response to activate her stuff.
She doesn't. There are certai incantations that require spelling, but regular energy blasts don't (Nor teleportation, btw).

'Sides. Speed Equalized gives Alex way more chances of counter reacting. One may say that Homer isn't stupid enough to let someone shoot a spell at him (which is... fairly arguable), but Alex is by no means dumb enough to let herself be just killed without doing anything.

Alex wins this.

Which she doesn't use in character. She tends to open with magic that does require it. As a large chunk of spells need them.

Speed equalize still doesn't make her fast enough to react and dodged

No.

I only actually remember Alex using spells from supplementary Stuff in her everyday life.

Buttersamuri said:
If Alex can't dodge an Speed equalized Attack from 20 meters away, then speed isn't equalized. And if she can't react, this is a stomp thread, as Alex has no actual way of pulling a victory.

No.

I only actually remember Alex using spells from supplementary Stuff in her everyday life.

Buttersamuri said:
If Alex can't dodge an Speed equalized Attack from 20 meters away, then speed isn't equalized. And if she can't react, this is a stomp thread, as Alex has no actual way of pulling a victory.

1. That was That time only In the movie. Basically the entire show as an entirety used spells based on verbal attack. On top of that, she knew this this evil side of her was an extreme threat. Which is why she took it much more seriously. But with most other Villains or problems she faced, she used verbal based attack. And she didn't take it nearly as seriously. With homer. She would fight back sure. But she wouldn't auto resort to any automatic laser attacks. She would far more likely resort to attacking or trying to screw with him via verbal based attacks.

2. It was a big thing about using verbal words to activate spells. One villain even made a note to get rid of doing that. We can't just look at the movie alone. Cause The show was way longer, and shows her using verbal attacks Way more consistently. Plus, back to number 1. Again about how her personality would cause her to react.

3. Yes she does. By hitting homer with her ranged attack. Homer being able to activate his a bit faster doesn't make it a stomp. Yes Speed is equal. But that doesn't change attack speed.

Also the closest thing to an actual battle that Alex actually got in the series. That, and her fight with Justin in the other movie, were whereas not shooting blast directly as her intent wasn't defeat but outmatch, casting spelless attacks.

That would have helped Stevie a lot to see that one coming, wouldn't it?

Alex it's literally facing a man with a gun that can hypothetically kill her in one shot. It's that enough to take things slightly serious?

'Sides, this argument is somewhat a double standard from your part:

Because that's not a fight. The moment the fight starts is the moment they start to actually do the fighting.

Because irc most of them weren't actual fights.

It all depends on the circumstances. Now, if you could fresh my memory it would help, because regarding the fight area, you could Quote some Alex actual fights where her primary offense it's through incantations.

'Sides, if anything, regular blast are outright generic, but mostly useless because there's always the plastic bounce off magic rule and the movie version it's one of Alex most current versions through the entire series.

You have spent two paragraphs telling me that she won't.

Buttersamuri said:
Yes Speed is equal. But that doesn't change attack speed.
Then... it's actually not.

Back