• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why Suiryu is mountain level?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Injuring a Dragon level threat while nearly dead is very worthy of a 7-A rating. Genos literally could not even walk after a single hit by Gouketsu. He was knocked out for quite some time, despite being a cyborg. Whereas Suiryu took multiple hits from Gouketsu, Bakuzan, and the Crows, and he could still one shot Demons and injure a Dragon. 7-A Suiryu is fine IMHO.

I agree with Ryukama. Perhaps we should close this thread.

Now since Suiryu did do pretty minor damage to Bakuzan and only one shot a Demon whereas other 7-A OPM people get that rating for one shotting a Dragon, (yes I know he was weakened during these feats but still) and that the scaling of having Choze, Bakuzan and Gouketsu all 7-A from each other seems confusing to some, I'm fine with him being "At least 7-B" instead. It's a pretty minor insignificant change.

However he is definitely superior to the likes of Genos or regular Demon Levels. He should not be scaled to levels lower than that.

Regarding At least 7-B vs 7-A I'm fine with what most of staff and users feel is best, which is how I was back when Suiryu first got upgraded.

EDIT: Kinda ninja'd by Ant.

I am fine with "At least 7-B", if you think that is better.

Alright thanks. Might wait for a bit more input and if there is none I'll do it.

I still think he should be 7-A for injuring a Dragon while nearly dead. And the fact that he could one shot Demons after a beating from Gouketsu, whereas Genos was knocked unconscious. Also, Watchdogman never one shotted a Dragon, and he's 7-A.

Breaking someone's toe isn't necessarily high damage and wouldn't normally be worth putting them on the same tier, if not maybe the fact that he's weakened. Gouketsu may have been bloodlusted but he was clearly very casual with him and not using full power. We were skeptical from giving Bang a 7-A when he one shot two Dragons while beaten up. I think we shouldn't be so lenient on Suiryu.

I never agreed to Watchdog Man's tier, but I think he gets it from how completely and utterly he stomped Garou. As well as Garou saying Watchdog Man had strength beyond his imagination, even after he fought Metal Bat and admitted Metal Bat could've one shot him. His case isn't like Suiryu's.

Watchdog played around with Garou and still stomped him so he is 7-A without a doubt.

While for Suiry I would agree an at least 7-B is better for Ryukama's reasoning.

It's all deductive reasoning honestly, if a greatly injured Suiryu can withstand a psychotic bloodlusted beatdown by someone who is ranked Dragon while also being able to inflict minor injuries to him not long after (caused pain also) then it's reasonable to assume Suiryu striking Bakuzan full force would cause some damage. However, I'm not entirely sure if we should go treating threat levels akin to power levels. Considering that they just measure what they can endanger rather than their pure strength etc. And when we have a case where someone is called Dragon even though their only feats are beating up someone who's nigh-dead and being fodderized by an even stronger Dragon level dude it's hard to think of where exactly they stand.

Well, Bakuzan is scaled from probably being stronger than Suiry and choze(I think that was the name) as we can't scale him from Gouketsu.

I understand that Suiryu was greatly injured while doing so. However breaking someone's toe is still not very significant damage at all. And 7-A is reserved typically for people who can casually one shot Dragons. Not do minimal damage while weakened with the assumption they could do some more damage at full power.

Despite threat levels definition, they are also treated as levels of strength as well. With Dragon Levels, besides a few exceptions, being treated as stronger than Demon Levels. And Demon Levels being treated as stronger than Tiger Levels. Dragon+ and God being treated as stronger than Dragon. Etc.

Also Gouketsu viewed Bakuzan as a very strong monster and was quite impressed with him. He should be at least stronger than an average Demon.

I think that if Suiryu is certainly Mountain Level, other characters from One Punch Man should be reviewed to maintain consistency for example Beefcake, as someone knowledgeable of One Punch Man I don't imagine Suiryu even being a problem for his, but Beefcake is only City Level. Or in my opinion a more extreme case, Sweet Mask is one of the most powerful heroes shown that apparently in the webcomic is in another league with respect to Suiryu and I don't think it is logical that Suiryu has a higher tier. I think that should be reviewed or at least revised Suiryu tier to really match that of other characters in the series.

Suiryu has not done anything close to what we've rated other characters 7-A for (with reluctance). He should be "At least 7-B" in my opinion.

Beefcake is being recalced and evaluated. It's possible he can be rated as much higher than currently based on pure feats.

What has Sweet Mask done to suggest he's 7-A? Besides the mere fact that you don't think he's weaker than Suiryu, who shouldn't even be 7-A? When has he ever casually one shot a Dragon Level?

Suiryu being put to At least 7-B, us waiting for Beefcake's feats to be recalced and keeping Sweet Mask where he is are all perfectly fine in my opinion.

"When has he ever casually one shot a Dragon Level?"

I remember Sweet Mask being able to one-shot a Black Sperm cell, and also being able to pulverise a big portion of it's hand (when he increased in size).

I don't recall him doing so. But regardless I think for now to the topic of the thread Suiryu is best kept with "At least 7-B."

@Ryukama

Lol to be true tier do you have to one shot at Dragon Level? Let's see Sweet Mask killer at a single blow to a demon level threat like Goddess Glasses although this certainly could barely be shown, but with that level is already a good feat. Then he was able to withstand a battle with Kuroi Seishi a dragon-level monster that made Genos shit and was way above him, Fuhrer Ugly couldn't scratch Sweet Mask despite the ridiculous weakness of not being able to fight with ugly monsters. Then he was able to sustain a battle with several Kuroi Seishi, one of them could beat up Atomic Samurai another hero rated City Level as Genos.

We have some pretty interesting insinuations of his power as Fubuki after seeing the fight of Genos and Sonic and seeing as Saitama beating to the second it tells Saitama that it was not nobody compared to Sweet Mask (obviously because it had only seen to Saitama to fight with Sonic and not his other fights) saying that although Saitama was a monster, Sweet Mask was a monster among the monsters. Fubuki saw Genos and Sonic fight two considered City Level, saw Saitama humiliate one of them, and still did not believe that Saitama was at the level of Sweet Mask for what Saitama showed.

After looking at another curious thing, Fuhrer Ugly is considered City Level even when I treat Genos as trash even when I was hardly in its base form. There are some things that do not have much logic in the way to categorize the level of power of some personages of One Punch Man.

That Suiryu is weaker than Sweet Mask seems to me more a fact than nothing, that someone who knows of One Punch Man has doubt that Suiryu is weaker than him would be strange no doubt.

The feat in question is Sweet Mask literally going toe to toe with Black Sperm in the webcomics. He only lost when Evil Natural Water interrupted the battle.

Btw eSuiryu broke said pinky with the bone with one broken arm just wanted to say.

Well considering no 7-A feats exist, we should be pretty generous and only give the rating to those shown to be especially powerful. Considering Sweet Mask is generally treated as a heavy hitter I can be okay with rating him 7-A if he truly did one shot a Dragon like AMM said he did.

But that is totally off topic. As for the purpose of this thread, I still think Suiryu is better off being At least 7-B.

7-B+ is typically for calcs. I think At least 7-B is sufficient enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back