• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why so many Tree Threads?

LephyrTheRevanchist

VS Battles
Retired
Recently, the wiki have been struck by an... Unexpected phenomenon, let's say. A Tree is fighting... -rethinkinglifedecisions- ovo

No, but really. What is the deal with this? For some it might be getting annoying, and I can actually understand that. Others (including myself) are taking the meme way too far. But all in all, it is quite harmless.

Now, many may simply like the meme aspect of the phenomenon, but I actually like it for more than that. A simple (because being composite is simple, of course ovo) Tree is beating characters like the Creeper and even Sans (love it!). Is... Actually interesting, getting to know more about nature and the different kinds of trees there are.

I've always been a nature lover, having spend my childhood on country and hill sides (I'm from Puerto Rico, btw). My love for nature is even in my name! My last name is "Flores". Flores, as in flowers.

Many users know that I'm not very social on this site. And I was even doubting of making this thread, but I would love to hear everyones opinions. If you love the Love for the Tree (lolz) or if you hate the meme and bandwagoning. Please remember to be respectful for other's opinions.

Personally, I love it. As a Nature Lover, as a meme enjoyer, as a person that likes to research and debate. It give us an excuse to know more about plantlife and the great wonders that the Earth have to offer. I would've preffered if the interest was simply to know life, but am glad that just a simple joke, can eventually grow in us respecting our Mother Gaia.

Thanks for reading, good day and happy discussion!

PS. A tree beated Sans, lol. ovo

Well it passively emits toxins in the air around it, so staying in a forest full of them for long is going to be lethal.

Though what I mean by "fumes" is the smoke released by the tree burning, which combines the usual deadliness of smoke in your lungs and the painful effect of the toxins (Which includes blindness). So, ironically, fire users tend to be at a disadvantage here.

The tree gets its main means of attack from the deadliest tree in the world where even touching the damn thing, be it on the leaves, the branch or the trunk can lead to being affected by its caustic sap. Said sap is so poisonous that it was used to better swords and arrows in a fight.

Burning or cutting it down will lead to spreading itself in the air, causing burns on the skin, eyes and lungs.

Its fruit, when ingesting even tiny amounts, can cause burns and inflammation on the mouth and tongue, severe abdominal pain, vomiting and internal bleeding.

It gets worst during a rainy day too since the rain washes the caustic sap down on whatever is under it.

That said, it's harmless outside of any factors like its leaves being blown by the wind onto its enemy, some of its bark being damaged and dust is blown into the enemy's direction, or a piece of it cracks and falls on its enemy.

Yeah.

This thread was made to discuss why we like the Tree so much. What made it a meme. To know why others hate it, too. What are each others points about nature in general.

And Saikou's response hit the mark. Because is new and actually interesting. How would 'this' character deal with the tree? 'Can' he deal with a tree? A simple tree, but given his quite... 'Special' characteristics, it requires a good enough analysis. That's interesting. It invokes more than just 'i have this power, so i beat it with it'.

But even with that, why some hate it? They hate it because is just a meme to them? Because is annoying? But why is it so annoying in the first place? That's what this thread is about.

Because it's just a tree with stats that can solo some verses. :^) Provided a chopping tool isn't nearby.

I just find it fun to see a haxed tank in battles.

Also, on a different note, I really can't stand people saying stuff like "it's just a meme" or "could you stop with the meme?" on threads upgrading the tree. When stuff comes up that can legitimately upgrade a page here and people just try to shut it down because the page is involved in a meme, it really rubs me the wrong way.

Basically. Composite Tree is a unique kind of combatant and a breath of fresh air from the haxed combatants that dominated the Vs. Threads.

Back