• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why is VS Battles Wiki so disliked elsewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyways, as for OP's question, I'd say it comes down to a variety of things:
  1. VSBW is super popular. Like, by now it's probably the most popular power scaling focused website on the Internet, so a lot of hate is gonna naturally come with the territory.
  2. A lot of verses are scaled radically differently compared to what some people believe they should be. I feel this in itself shouldn't be the biggest issue in the world because this site is trying to index characters when there are thousands of people with their own different ideas on what the scale should look like. So of course, when the most popular power scaling site scales characters differently from what people believe they should be, chaos ensues. I will say, too, some cases of VSBW's scaling being different are more egregious than others. cough 5-C Roshi being an outlier for the longest time cough
  3. Certain people, namely certain staff members, have become rather infamous outside of VSBW for one reason or another. And since these people are staff, people take this as reflecting on the entire wiki as a whole.
Now if I'm being honest, I've got my own gripes with the wiki's current handling of certain things, but that's not relevant now and will only stir up shit.

Anyways, as for OP's question, I'd say it comes down to a variety of things:
  1. VSBW is super popular. Like, by now it's probably the most popular power scaling focused website on the Internet, so a lot of hate is gonna naturally come with the territory.
  2. A lot of verses are scaled radically differently compared to what some people believe they should be. I feel this in itself shouldn't be the biggest issue in the world because this site is trying to index characters when there are thousands of people with their own different ideas on what the scale should look like. So of course, when the most popular power scaling site scales characters differently from what people believe they should be, chaos ensues. I will say, too, some cases of VSBW's scaling being different are more egregious than others. cough 5-C Roshi being an outlier for the longest time cough
  3. Certain people, namely certain staff members, have become rather infamous outside of VSBW for one reason or another. And since these people are staff, people take this as reflecting on the entire wiki as a whole.
Now if I'm being honest, I've got my own gripes with the wiki's current handling of certain things, but that's not relevant now and will only stir up shit.
Aren’t verses with a lot of game mechanics the ones that tend to get downplayed by other battleboard sites?

GOW is a good example

Spoiler warning, once your verse gets above tier 2, no one cares about it. Ain’t no one debating rando tier 1 A vs rando tier 1 B.

Its really just people having differing looks and opinions and as people are people they'll throw shade and mock the differing opinions about it.

This site is far from perfect but as its a human made site constructed of opinions it'll be full of imperfections (hell there are stuff here I don't agree with it at all yet I don't care about it at all since its just a piece of data on the internet at the end of the day). Most of the time people will generalise a single thing they don't like on the wiki, let's say a character's stats and say the wiki is awful despite the fact it could be the work of like a handful of people and not the entirety of the wiki.

My response to when someone makes a claim like that is to go onto the wiki and make a CRT. Nothing we have here is set in stone and can be changed with a good argument on it and usually they don't because they're not up to actually debating a topic they don't know with sources and evidence.

My best piece of advice is to honestly ignore it. If they don't like it then they're more than welcome to come here and do something about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back