• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why is there a High and Low rating for Tier System Numbers?

I was curious because when I checked the Tier System page, it did not mention High and Low so. for example, Where did the Low 2-C or High 1-A come from?

I think the high and low tier were added to differentiate between vast differences in power within the "same" tier without messing up the orderliness of the whole system.

With regards to Low 2-C in particular, I believe the system used to go from universe to multi-universe, which was basically going from finite 3-D power to 4-D power on a greater than universal scale. To make the system more logical, High 3-A (infinite 3-D power or 4-D power on a less than universal scale) and Low 2-C (destrcution of a single 4-D spacetime continuum) were added. The distinction between 2-C and Low 2-C is particularly relevant now since we consider that a multi-universal attack must cross the 5-D space between continuums, and so is far (but not really quantifiably) above an attack restricted to a single continuum. This second part however is a more recent addition and wasn't considered when tier 2-C was split.

About High 1-A, I think the justification was the presence of characters who transcend baseline 1-A on a level greater than baseline 1-A's transcend lower-dimensional beings. Whether this alone is sufficient for High 1-A I still do not understand, but I think we regard High 1-A beings as virtually limitless in power outside of a single limitation (usually the presence of a being of equal or greater power). So since the difference between the low and high ends of tier 1-A can be greater than that between an 11-C and baseline 1-A, it only made sense to split up the tier.

At least, I'm fairly certain that was the reasoning.

Usually, in debating everywhere. We use "+" to signify being at the upper end of a tier, more than just the baseline level. Up to tier 2, this stays true. "High" and "Low" are more professional and specific terms we use to specify something that is so above a tier but still within it that it must be notated in some form.

Back