• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

why is the fact zero suit samus can stand zebes gravity not part of her feats

"Speed: At least Massively Hypersonic+ (Speed Booster allows her to run at supersonic speeds on Zebes which has 960x gravity; quadruple digit Machs at bare minimum)"

...?

Samus would have been class-100 strength at bare minimum given her original database stating her to be 6'3" and 198 pounds, but there's aparently a rumor that she's only 5'1" in Other M. I personally believe that to be a fan calc; from what I've looked, someone from twitter assumed that the original height and weight applied to Samus if the powersuit was included and did some pixel scaling from Other M's sprites to get 5'1" for Samus. Additionally, Samus's short stature in that game is actually inconsistent and looks like lazy game design if you ask me; it strongly contradicts her impressive stature in the manga, Metroid Prime 3, and Metroid Fusion.

Additionally, I made a thread earlier discussing Samus's strength. Vorash's size is actually more comparable to that of a Blue Whale. The gravity alone should warrent a Class-100 strength at least and I think Class-K actually seems most reasonable. However, @SomebodyData would be the best person to ask regarding Metroid.

There's the lifting strength for the Vorash where Samus seemed to throw it around like a rag doll without putting all of her strength into it. I haven't seen a model comparison but the Vorash looks more the size of a Whale Shark than a Blue Whale going off of the Other M concept art gallery picture: http://www.metroid-database.com/mom/artwork/gallery/english/momart67-vorash.png.

Then there's striking strength where the best example I can think of was in the manga where she ripped a robot that can't be damaged by Super Missile by punching it as a teenager. I was the one that put striking and lifting strength at "Class 50 or higher" since that's the lowest I could guess Samus' strength would be, but we haven't seen or been told what Samus' limit is, so.

Also, Samus' altering height in Other M is most likely due to reuse of assets on Nintendo's part (they've done that in the past). Samus in Zero Suit is the exact same as Samus' "Military Days" model, the Zero Suit just has heels for a little extra height and a different hairdo. Meanwhile, Samus in Power Suit is one of the tallest characters in the game, towering over Madeline and MB: http://i.imgur.com/xlcQGTg.jpg

I've seen that art gallery, but I'm not sure if the pencil drawing on the left or the massive image in the middle is the source to indicate size compariosn to Samus. If it's the latter, Vorash's length does appear to be at least 10 times greater than Power Suit Samus's height; more than 60 feet greatly dwarfs a Whale Shark's length. Seems more like a Sperm Whale to me actually. Anyway, I did find this in game image As another comparison; that's where my Blue Whale estimate came from. Additionally, the fact that Vorash is coded in magma armor does strongly imply that he could be much heavier.

Being covered in hardened magma for armor and being able to move through lava like it's water should indicate that it's heavier than it looks. The fact that it can move through lava so easily and jump so high should be pretty impressive since I heard that lava has about 1,000 times the viscosity of water, doesn't that sort of mean that it's more difficult for stuff to move through lava that water or am I reading that wrong?

I was just about to mention another thing; that fact that its speed is comparable to Samus (At least Mach 1,152) despite it's heavy plating and swimming through lava does greatly indicate inpressive strength for its size. Additionally, the fact that Samus had to pretty much out wrestle Vorash before lifting him does strongly imply that her lifting strength is indeed much higher than what was demonstrated. While I still consider my Class-G to Class-T calcs a while back to be exagerrated/Calc-Stacking, (Although, it's what I got using the Horse Power Calculator,) Ridley does have some Class-M lifting feats in the manga; lifting a seemingly 100-ton boulder; but actually more like 96,000 tonnes due to gravity formula. But either way, Class-100 to Class-K does sound like the bare minimum of how Samus's lifting strength should be.

Link to the 100 ton boulder? That would be neat to add to the profile.

As for Samus' lifting strength, what feats are you guys suggesting to be used?

I'll need to find it first. I've seen it before; and it is listed in Ridley's Death Battle Fanon profile, but I didn't see a link there. But if I find the manga page that demonstrates it again, I will link it here.

I'm still looking for that manga page, which I can't seem to find, where Ridley lifted and threw at least 81,600 metric tonnes with ease, but I remembered this calc by @LordXcano, who is sadly left the wiki. It was oringinally Mach 310, but the 960 G's and 310*960 = 297,600 would put the speed of even Zero Suit Samus at Relativistic Speed. Such a rating would also make more since considering that base Fusion Suit and beyond was able to dodge EMR waves from both the B.O.X. Security Robot and SA-X. Was originally FTL, but that got removed due to that being more like aim dodging as opposed to outrunning them.

We decided not to use that speed calc since the lightning didn't behave like real lightning.

I know this thread's been inactive, and I still haven't found the Class-M feat, but I just remembered Ghor from Metroid Prime 3. he has a Class-K feat right here. I believe the other 2 bounter hunters are thought to be comparable as well as Samus. And it definitely scales to Dark Samus as she absorbed all three of the hunters. Samus's gunship is 136 metric tonnes according to the Metroid wikia.

Interesting, it should at least scale with the corrupted hunters / Dark Samus for sure. I'll add it to Samus (Composite Tab) and Dark Samus, and probably put it in the Hunters' profiles if I ever get around to making them.

Back