• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why is Spider-Man Noir 9-B? Noir Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't he explicitly stated to be weaker than mainstream spidey though?

And since this is marvel "weaker" can disqualify scaling in of itself, even backscaling.

I don't recall that ever being the case. Link?

Anyway even if that is so he can't be much weaker. I mean Joker is weaker than Batman and still scales. Making him 9-B makes no sense.

Marvel Database sources the statement here. Don't know more specifically than that though.

I mean, there's plenty of times where Spider-Man is called "not much weaker" than people we rate several tiers above him. Joker/Batman is a poor example as they fight so often it's consistent that they can harm the other. I don't think it's consistent enough to scale here personally.

I'm also not a big fan of scaling the other other alt universe counterparts without supporting feats but that's besides the point here.

He is shown harming and fighting the Inheritors who kill Spider-Totems, meaning he should scale to the other Spiders even if he is weaker. That should just be noted on his profile. The Inheritors are Low 7-C so constantly harming them and fight them would and should give Noir this tier.

HeadlessKramerGeoff777 said:
He is shown harming and fighting the Inheritors who kill Spider-Totems, meaning he should scale to the other Spiders even if he is weaker. That should just be noted on his profile. The Inheritors are Low 7-C so constantly harming them and fight them would and should give Noir this tier.
How do the Inheritors scale to Low 7-C, and when exactly does he do that?

I guess if Noir fights them that would be alright. I'd perfer to have supporting feats though.

As someone that's read the Spiderverse comics, Spidey and Superior Spidey (Ocl in Peter's body) both consistently get their asses handed to them from the inheritors and almost always need some form of outside help to defeat them.

I'm not sure if Noir defeating them makes sense in that case, if he's portrayed and is stated as weaker than 616 Spidey.

Spidey defeats the first inheritor he meets. And I said harm, not defeat (though iirc he does probably with help though). Still don't see why he wouldn't scale to other spiders, who are all Low 7-C.

Can you provide scans of him beating or harming an Inheritor? I can't find a single instance of that happening across the event.

Also, it is far more consistent for him to do nothing to an Inheritor, so he's definitely not Low 7-C (except him blowing himself up did bare minimum harm to Morlun)

B13F7F05-2EF3-4D05-BB5B-311219C043D4-3140-0000032F345C3E6F
54DB5BC5-56F3-4CA9-BC9C-88D1D9C45ECE-3140-0000033020A6AB49
Also isn't he 9-B from his own feats?

I thought that Spider-Man Noir does not actually have any official superhuman powers, and is strictly a gadget hero?

He didn't harm Karn, he was pulled away by Superior Spidey at the last second (Edge of Spider-Verse #1). He harmed Morlun by suicide bombing him (Spider-Geddon #1).

Also, somewhat unrelated, but he is knocked out for almost the rest of the run of Spider-Verse, and doesn't have much appearances afterwards

Well, in that case I think that he should scale from regular Spider-Man.

He has to have lesser than Low 7-C AP however, otherwise that severely messes up his incontext appearances, where he's literally unable to damage anything

Spidey won't have Low 7-C AP anyhow and would probably go down to at least 8-A for some reason.

The point is he doesn't. Gap between high end and low end Low 7-C isn't big enough to account for Noir not damaging the other Inheritors, hell even the inheritors themselves note that Noir is far weaker than any other Spider-Man by referring to him as "barely worth eating"

Yes, 2099 scales from Superior Spider-Man, Gwen, 1610 Spider Woman, and base Spider Woman fought the Inheritors (actual damaging hits), and Miles and Reilly directly scale from 616 Spider-Man himself. Gwen also scales from 616 Miles crossover events, and I bet Spider Woman and Spider-Man have some feats together.

If Noir has a direct scaling then it will be fine, but right now "alternate universe character" reasoning is weirdly off.

He's below Low 7-C that's for sure, maybe 8-A for barely surviving the Inheritor attacks but that's it

Because 9-A means he'd be dead in a single punch and 8-A means he's extremely close to being dead in a single punch by our oneshot criteria. 8-B was stupidity on my part, sorry

Well, the main Spider-Man, and all the characters scaled from him, are likely rated far too high from an unreliable outlier of moving the Hulk at high speed (No, I am not kidding). They are generally shown to be closer to 8-C. We really need to do something about that.

I reckon not, because the instances where Peter loses it, and with the Symbiote Suit, have similiar enough feats, maybe slightly more powerful, but not straight up 8-C to low 7-C level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back