• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why is Cthulhu Mythos Tier 0?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that Yogsothoth is beyond CMverse's mathematics and imagination, but why is it evidence far beyond the High 1-A infinite layer?

Sorry but it's not with you. Downgraded? Actually, they're not being downgraded. In the blog you could find all the things regarding your requests.
I do not support the downgrade.
I just asked a question because I didn't understand.
I know that there are people who oppose the Battlewiki's tiering system. But I don't really relate to them and I'm just curious.

I personally believe Chulthu Mythos is probably one of the most exaggerated franchises on this site.

If you talk with the supporters of the verse you learn they literally have no idea what they're doing with the franchise. One moment of this is one example they use for the 1-A+ scaling, that is when Carter was chased through the infinite voids by the Hunting Horrors during the Dream Quest of Unknown Qadath, is literally regarded as a 2-A feat by them in most other instances.

😂 They literally cannot keep their feats straight.

I know that Yogsothoth is beyond CMverse's mathematics and imagination, but why is it evidence far beyond the High 1-A infinite layer?
Just flowery nonsense to be honest. Statements being beyond mathematics is a tier 0 feat that we don't take seriously, since it's just no limits fallacy dressed up in a fancy coat. I have no idea why someone thought it would be a good idea to use it as supporting evidence for the High 1-A rating. It means nothing.

The real reason it's tier High 1-A is due to the Ultimate Void transcending an infinite hierarchy which is in turn beyond being and thought established in Hypnos. Thoughtforms exist past multiple gates, with even the first gate being beyond (or trans) dimensional.

, but why is it evidence far beyond the High 1-A infinite layer?

There is no evidence. Or at least, none than I know of. I have also inquired into it and have not received a satisfactory answer. There being one reality beyond the Ultimate Void where everything before it are just noted to be facets of the Supreme Archetype is the closest I've gotten to the reason behind the current ratings (which is of course not only blatantly untrue since it was clearly referring to the same place outside the gates already regarded as the ultimate void, but is also not nearly enough for a tier 0 rating.)

I do not support the downgrade.
There is no downgrade for the verse. It's just that most of the Ultimate Gods are losing their tier 0 keys. Due to Yog Sothoth being a direct avatar of the Supreme Archetype, the verse in its entirety is still keeping its tier 0 rating. It's a simple thing tbh. Of course, as usual they have no idea what they're doing with it.

6g4kax.gif

Mf's speak complete gibberish

daily reminder that we lowballed hypnos

6g4kax.gif

Mf's speak complete gibberish

daily reminder that we lowballed hypnos
I legitimately hope you're joking.

First of all, I have no idea what you're trying to say. Who cares about Hypnos, he didn't even come up in the conversation once.

Second of all, what's the point of linking to external sites? They literally say, and I do quote, "In the end, Hypnos, despite all his power from transcending many boundless, undimensioned realms with ease could not make it past the First Gate, as he was driven insane by mere shadows of far greater beings."

They are literally placing the feat at levels far below what I've said they were at and even what they were accepted to be at by the wiki. 'MF', do we not have a Hypnos profile of our own.

Third of all, the other link you posted is pointless to the debate. The poster was under the mistaken impression that Hypnos only passed the first gate. Considering I stated he was far beyond that (because ofc I thought it was obvious he was far beyond that) and even the wiki states he's far beyond that, that (is one of the many reasons this) has 0 bearings on anything.

I legitimately hope you're joking.

First of all, I have no idea what you're trying to say. Who cares about Hypnos, he didn't even come up in the conversation once.

Second of all, what's the point of linking to external sites? They literally say, and I do quote, "In the end, Hypnos, despite all his power from transcending many boundless, undimensioned realms with ease could not make it past the First Gate, as he was driven insane by mere shadows of far greater beings."

They are literally placing the feat at levels far below what I've said they were at and even what they were accepted to be at by the wiki. 'MF', do we not have a Hypnos profile of our own.

Third of all, the other link you posted is pointless to the debate. The poster was under the mistaken impression that Hypnos only passed the first gate. Considering I stated he was far beyond that (because ofc I thought it was obvious he was far beyond that) and even the wiki states he's far beyond that, that (is one of the many reasons this) has 0 bearings on anything.
Just to let you know, I went on the Cthulhu Mythos wiki and deleted this line as soon as I saw this thread and read it.

Last edited:
This seems like a necro but in any case, the CM has a tier 0 because the Supreme Archetype is the ontological ground of the whole verse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back