• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why doesnt mario scale to megabug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh. I accidently put it on content revision instead of questions and answers. Could someone possibly change that? (thanks saikou)

Because all the other major Mario feats range from Tier 7 to Tier 4, with only two Tier 2 feats of vastly different magnitude (Mario beating Dreamy Bowser and Mario beating the Megabug).

Wouldnt it be an outlier if he were only shown to be limited to that level or were directly hurt by an attack on that level?

Edit: actually now that ive looked into it, megabugs tier is questionable on its own. Is his reality warping even shown on a universal scale?

Not how it works. If you're full of Tier 4 feats and shows only one or two Tier 2 feats, it's an outlier.

Besides, Megabug's justification for being Tier 2 doesn't sound Tier 2 at all.

Wouldn't that change if you did the feats extremely casually? e.g. someone destroying multiple suns in different episodes of a show extremely casually with one finger but then beating a universe buster in a later season (without getting stronger).

I think you are right on megabug. I may actually make a content revision once ive looked into it a bit more.

Yeah, Mario defeating Dreamy Bowser is PIS because neither Mario nor Bowser are ever consistently portrayed as being universal let alone multiversal. And well, all of Mario's Tier 7 and 6 feats are all super casual, but Tier 4 is consistent enough. Or even with power stars, they do have quite a few Galaxy level feats across two games; but that's mostly with Power Stars. None of the main characters outside of super power ups such as the Pure Hearts or Dream Stone should be Tier 2.

Though, not familiar with the Rabbid's crossover, but I'm fine with Megabug being downgraded, but Dino Ranger Black would be the main Mario expert.

I dont think that is the only reason it is considered an outlier tbh. To me, if someones feats are extremely casual and they perform one or two higher tier feats that are not even contradicted, then there is no reason to consider them lower than said tier. Of course scaling to dreamy bowser is pis regardless due to mario and luigi scaling to normal bowser, needing zeekeeper to break through the barrier to bowsers castle (powered by the dream stone) etc.

I actually already made a content revision for mega bug here. Since this has been answered you can close this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back