• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why doesn't GER have BFR?

And have we ever discussed in a CRT if Giorno should have pocket reality manipulation or have a higher AP via Creation? I was thinking maybe Low 2-C via creation would be good, these new places are described as other realities IIRC, and they're basically just other alternate worlds

One of the worlds Diavolo was in even had a moon and a sun, since the Moon was reflecting light.

Also, he should have Soul Manipulation because Diavolo no longer had his stand but still wasn't dead, which might also be a new form of life manipulation. The hole on his forehead just filled up, which is probably another new form of Biological manipulation

I don't know why, but I also think he should have BFR and of course not Creation, and him having Soul Manipulation is something that's been discussed he should have since it's stated Requiem's abilities are to have Dominion over souls or something like that

I don't know why, but I also think he should have BFR and of course not Creation, and him having Soul Manipulation is something that's been discussed he should have since it's stated Requiem's abilities are to have Dominion over souls or something like that
Why not creation?

Why not creation?
I don't really have any solid reason, but the JoJo Universe already contains an Infinite number of Alternate Universes and Diavolo is getting sent to each of these to die infinite deaths.

They also don't seem to me like newly created universes this is just my opinion

I don't really have any solid reason, but the JoJo Universe already contains an Infinite number of Alternate Universes and Diavolo is getting sent to each of these to die infinite deaths.

They also don't seem to me like newly created universes this is just my opinion
It feels like he created them, because Giorno controls the scenarios in which Diavolo dies. Do you think Giorno just sent Diavolo to a surgeon who was conveniently trying to do surgery on a random person that appeared in the room?

It feels like he created them, because Giorno controls the scenarios in which Diavolo dies. Do you think Giorno just sent Diavolo to a surgeon who was conveniently trying to do surgery on a random person that appeared in the room?
The autopsy doctor also stated they found his body at the Tiber river, where Giorno yeeted him off into.
It's already a likely scenario for an Alternate Universe

The autopsy doctor also stated they found his body at the Tiber river, where Giorno yeeted him off into.
It's already a likely scenario for an Alternate Universe
Why did the pathologist not hear or see what Diavolo was saying? Feels like Giorno is the cause of that, like he's making these scenarios

Nothing implies creation so let's not even go there.

BFR? BFR via Death Loop sounds good imo.

Soul and bio/life manip is a huge no, ignoring he already has half that, Diavolo was shown to be fine because that's how RTZ works, Diavolo gets maimed/torn apart/killed/etc and the exact moment before he would actually die, he gets returned to zero, having to experience death again and again for all eternity, GER iosn't magic'ing him back to normal with life or bio manip, it's being done under RTZ, aka causality manip, aka the fact he was ever harmed or killed was made to not have happened.
"It feels like" is a literal nonargumemnt, nothing says creation, nothing even implies it, and when we're talking about a verse with literal infinite realities, there's no need for it to be creation in the first place.
And no, Gio doesn't control the scenarios, ignoring the critical fact he DOESN'T EVEN KNOW he can do any of this.
And yes, actually, that's exactly what happened, Diavolo was put in the death loop, he will now experience a new death for all eternity ad infinitum, Gio and GER aren't manually deciding how he dies each time, it's automatic, they show zero awareness of how he's dying and Gio himself isn't even aw3are that Diavolo's dying, he just knows he's done for, he doesn't know why that is though.
Why did the pathologist not hear or see what Diavolo was saying? Feels like Giorno is the cause of that, like he's making these scenarios
Because it just works, and again, no, "feels like" is never going to be an argument, ignoring the fact Gio quite literally can't be making up random death scenarios at all time for the rest of time, it's flat out stated he doesn't even know what his powers are while in Requiem.

I can agree to BFR via death loop, everything else is a solid hard disagree, especially as some of what you're saying is flat out contradicted by what we're told in the source material itself.

And because I know you're gonna ask for scans or something and I have to go to work soon so I'm not gonna be able to post sauce till way later tonight.

"Not even my Master, Giorno Giovanna, knows of this". - GER itself saying Gio doesn't know about RTZ.

"Although I didn't get a good look at Requiem's ability either, for some reason, I know it in my heart, he no longer has anywhere to go". - Gio himself confirming he doesn't even really know what happened to Diavolo and doesn't really know what GER does, but he just kind of knows that Diavolo is done for good.

Gio quite literally can not be in control of the situations, he doesn't even know it's happening or that he can do it.

Standard assumption on creation feats due to taking the least amount of speculation. The Why? would go on the contrary, if one were to claim its physicality is the same as what it is able to create, there needs to be a good reason for it.

Also we do know it didn't atomize Diavolo in 1 hit, so, one would need to assume it was holding back to enjoy beating him on top of everything.

Fair point, just wanted to get it down here on record.

it’s the “it didn’t atomize Diavolo in 1 hit” for me, I’m crying.

Nothing implies creation so let's not even go there.

BFR? BFR via Death Loop sounds good imo.

Soul and bio/life manip is a huge no, ignoring he already has half that, Diavolo was shown to be fine because that's how RTZ works, Diavolo gets maimed/torn apart/killed/etc and the exact moment before he would actually die, he gets returned to zero, having to experience death again and again for all eternity, GER iosn't magic'ing him back to normal with life or bio manip, it's being done under RTZ, aka causality manip, aka the fact he was ever harmed or killed was made to not have happened.
Causality manipulation alone isn't enough to revert him back to life but allow him to live without a stand

Diavolo gets maimed/torn apart/killed/etc and the exact moment before he would actually die

Stand users die instantly when their stand is gone, since its basically their life force, so its not possible for this to happen unless all the scenarios of death Diavolo faces take place in like a zeptosecond

Why?
I’m not against what you said
Because Stands don't inherently scale to their abilities physically unless evidence or implication says otherwise, and if he did manifest whole realities, there exists literally nothing that indicates GER scales to it or can use that power to punch you in the dick.
It's basically the same reason why we don't have Weather scaling to tier 6 ozone destruction physically, it's done via his specific weather ability.
Causality manipulation alone isn't enough to revert him back to life but allow him to live without a stand
Yes it is, it's capable of whatever it wants as long as it has the feats and showings, it just means it's a versatile ability, which we kind of already knew.
Doubly so when it's directly stated that the "death loop" is just the end result of Diavolo's death being RTZ'd, that WHOLE interaction is a byproduct of causality manip, even if it doesn't make sense, that's what we're told, that's what we're shown, so that's the way it is, best case scenario, it's power/ability nullification via Causality Manip if we were to give him something new, but that seems a bit redundant when the whole schtick is "no u" via causality manip.

King Crimson may not have been brought back with him. But it Doesn't matter, for all we know GER just decided to set Diavolo's death to zero, not King Crimson's death.

"But the Stand is the soul!", yes, but Diavolo is ******* weird, he's like, the single dude in all of JoJo where he and his Stand's interactions are extremely weird, hell Diavolo's persona might even be King Crimson itself, it's vague, weird and we don't know nearly enough to say how it works and that's the whole point with him, he's meant to be vague.

Alternatively, GER RTZ'd his ability to use his Stand? We know he's capable of nulling abilities ad infinitum, who's to say he didn't simply use his main ability we know he has to make it so Diavolo can't manifest his Stand to protect himself?
There's a slew of alternatives that GER would be capable of with his causality manip, assuming he actually has secret other abilities when the abilities he does have could have done the same isn't gonna cut it.

Stand users die instantly when their stand is gone, since its basically their life force, so its not possible for this to happen unless all the scenarios of death Diavolo faces take place in like a zeptosecond

Ignoring that's not always the case, sometimes a Stand survives briefly after the host dies, for example, Harvest (ignoring post mortem Stands like Anubis, Big and WOU), and sometimes the user can survive briefly after the Stand takes fatal damage, it's case by case, it's a general rule of thumb that's the case but like with literally EVERY Stand rule, there's exceptions. And again, who gives a shit? There's a bunch of feasible alternatives as to why King Crimson didn't manifest after GER RTZ'd Diavolo, we're always going to go with the assumptions that are possible under what we do know, over assumptions that require things that we don't know to be true.

As it stands, we aren't going to slap on random abilities that aren't even implied to be a thing in any medium onto GER based on random conjecture as to why a thing did or did not happen, especially when said thing could very well happen with the abilities that GER itself already has.

Also DIO says hi.
?

Because Stands don't inherently scale to their abilities physically unless evidence or implication says otherwise, and if he did manifest whole realities, there exists literally nothing that indicates GER scales to it or can use that power to punch you in the dick.
It's basically the same reason why we don't have Weather scaling to tier 6 ozone destruction physically, it's done via his specific weather ability.

Yes it is, it's capable of whatever it wants as long as it has the feats and showings, it just means it's a versatile ability, which we kind of already knew.
Doubly so when it's directly stated that the "death loop" is just the end result of Diavolo's death being RTZ'd, that WHOLE interaction is a byproduct of causality manip, even if it doesn't make sense, that's what we're told, that's what we're shown, so that's the way it is, best case scenario, it's power/ability nullification via Causality Manip if we were to give him something new, but that seems a bit redundant when the whole schtick is "no u" via causality manip.

King Crimson may not have been brought back with him. But it Doesn't matter, for all we know GER just decided to set Diavolo's death to zero, not King Crimson's death.

"But the Stand is the soul!", yes, but Diavolo is ******* weird, he's like, the single dude in all of JoJo where he and his Stand's interactions are extremely weird, hell Diavolo's persona might even be King Crimson itself, it's vague, weird and we don't know nearly enough to say how it works and that's the whole point with him, he's meant to be vague.

Alternatively, GER RTZ'd his ability to use his Stand? We know he's capable of nulling abilities ad infinitum, who's to say he didn't simply use his main ability we know he has to make it so Diavolo can't manifest his Stand to protect himself?
There's a slew of alternatives that GER would be capable of with his causality manip, assuming he actually has secret other abilities when the abilities he does have could have done the same isn't gonna cut it.

Ignoring that's not always the case, sometimes a Stand survives briefly after the host dies, for example, Harvest (ignoring post mortem Stands like Anubis, Big and WOU), and sometimes the user can survive briefly after the Stand takes fatal damage, it's case by case, it's a general rule of thumb that's the case but like with literally EVERY Stand rule, there's exceptions. And again, who gives a shit? There's a bunch of feasible alternatives as to why King Crimson didn't manifest after GER RTZ'd Diavolo, we're always going to go with the assumptions that are possible under what we do know, over assumptions that require things that we don't know to be true.

As it stands, we aren't going to slap on random abilities that aren't even implied to be a thing in any medium onto GER based on random conjecture as to why a thing did or did not happen, especially when said thing could very well happen with the abilities that GER itself already has.
If he just set Diavolo's death back to zero, why would King Crimson just disappear?

This is just "I disagree because its vague" which is not even relevant to this discussion since its headcanon

Prove he can nullify abilities

Why would you assume GER just randomly has this secret ability to use causality manip to somehow make Diavolo live without a stand?

Harvest survived after Shigechi died for a short while, then disappeared quickly. Nothing about it is similar to Diavolo's scenario. Why would you randomly assume its just some other thing keeping Diavolo alive? A lot of these seem like headcanon "what if he just survives for no reason"

Stand was annihilated but he survived.
If he just set Diavolo's death back to zero, why would King Crimson just disappear?
I literally just gave you multiple reasons why.
This is just "I disagree because its vague" which is not even relevant to this discussion since its headcanon
That isn't headcanon, that's me pointing out it's vague as ****, which was my point, there's alternatives here, do we know for sure? Hell no, he's intentionally made cryptic by the author, is it because of what you're saying? Most certainly not, is it because of this? Perhaps, but we don't know, it's relevant to the topic at hand because you want to argue about his Stand and its relation to his soul and death, if you want to do that, then yes, it's topical, because you want to argue something deliberately made vague, it's also ironic, because literally everything you've been saying falls under headcanon, do you not realize that? And it probably doesn't even matter because GER did what he did, it just works.
If what you say isn't mentioned in the manga, the guides, anything, we aren't going to use it.
Prove he can nullify abilities
There is no way you actually just asked for proof of GER's main ability. Bruh.

As seen in the scan above he straight up says
"You will never arrive at the reality that will occur. None who stand before me shall ever do so, no matter what ability they may wield".

GER itself says that he can neg abilities on panel.

That's without getting into the guides, it's not even just abilities, it's actions as well, and it's not even just actions and abilities, it's for the most part, almost anything, case and point, Diavolo's death, he managed to nullify someone's death to make it so they could never experience death and he did so to such an extent that Diavolo will be forced to go through this loop of never being able to die forever and you think it's unreasonable that GER couldn't just make it so he can't manifest King Crimson in the same breath he made it so a dude could never die? Occam's Razer lad.
But hey, here ya go

"Gold E. was accepted by the Arrow as one who had the qualifications to control it. As the main body (Giorno) controls the power of the arrow without it going out of control, it negated all of King Crimson's abilities. He gave Diavolo a never-ending death and ended the battle."

Direct statement that even uses the word "abilities".
This should be sufficient, I'm not digging for anything extra.
Why would you assume GER just randomly has this secret ability to use causality manip to somehow make Diavolo live without a stand?
Because that's what we're told, that's what we're shown, he's only ever stated to have causality manip and his previous abilities increased exponentially.
It's only ever stated, in all media and guides that GER killed Diavolo, set his death to zero, and put him in a death loop for eternity. So that's what happened, we know he has the means to nullify and prevent abilities, and not even just abilities, but actions too. And we know it can be a permanent automatic thing, due to the death loop itself being an automated process upon his death being negated.

And as said, who's to say he's living without a Stand? It could be nullified, he could be prevented from manifesting it, it could be numerous things, whatever it might be, it doesn't matter, at the end of the day he didn't use King Crimson, it can be explained via RTZ, and as such we won't be giving GER made up powers never documented in the source material, guide or supplementary material, because it simply isn't the case.

Harvest survived after Shigechi died for a short while,

Backpedaling, you said, and I quote, "Stand users die instantly when their stand is gone".

It goes both ways, a Stand could survive for a good solid odd dozen seconds after his host was literally evaporated in order to fulfill a goal, it's not normal, but it happened anyway. Stand "rules" aren't really rules, they're more like guidelines, they aren't always followed. If you want an even more extreme example of the Harvest thing, DIO being able to use Jonathan's Stand literally a century after Jonathan died (And yes, it's confirmed HP#2 is Jonathan's) And in the case of Diavolo? He's not standard fair, but as said, in the end it doesn't matter why, we go by what we see or told.

Nothing about it is similar to Diavolo's scenario. Why would you randomly assume its just some other thing keeping Diavolo alive? A lot of these seem like headcanon "what if he just survives for no reason"

Trying to undermine my argument by saying "randomly assume" this or that won't work, because it's anything but, my ultimate conclusion is based strictly going off what we see and told, it's you who keeps assuming it has to be made up powers not mentioned anywhere, I'm giving you alternatives that are entirely feasible under his existing powerset to show you why you assuming it has to be this other power he doesn't have, simply won't fly or get accepted without far more proof, proof which doesn't exist mind you.

And again, I'm not assuming some "other thing" is keeping Diavolo alive, because we know what's keeping him alive, it's RTZ - causality manipulation, don't need to assume if we're flat out told.
No reason? We explicitly know the reason why, it's because his death was set to zero, he will never die. He can't die. It's impossible.
Diavolo had his death negated, he will thus experience the act of dying for all of time, but never actually die, the moment he would die, he's set back to zero to experience a new death. This is what happened, this is what we see, we're told this happened because GER RTZ'd his death, and that's all there is to it.

You're arguing that Diavolo shouldn't be brought back to life without King Crimson? Or that without King Crimson he should be dead? Yeah under normal circumstances that's understandable, but that's the thing, this isn't a normal circumstance, this is a forced infinite death loop where he can't die no matter what, whether he was brought back to life regardless of King Crimson or if he would die without King Crimson, both wouldn't matter, why you ask?
Because he can't die.
That's the whole point, he will never die, no matter what, forever, if GER negated his death so he will never die and will be instantly fine with no damage, every experience, it's not exactly out of the realm of possibility to say that King Crimson is moot, Diavolo is alive and fine because that's what RTZ did. In fact, I'm going to say that's what happened there, RTZ is capable of negating any and all damage and detrimental effects upon him each reset and he can not and will not ever die, King Crimson is a nonfactor.

tldr, dude can neg abilities, king crimson is a nonfactor and whether he's around or not wouldn't matter either way, we aren't giving him made up abilities that have never been mentioned in anything before for things that can be explained with his existing powerset so hard disagree.

I can settle on a power null via causality manip based on it being said he can straight up do that, but that's all I can agree to.

Last edited:
Stand was annihilated but he survived.

I literally just gave you multiple reasons why.

That isn't headcanon, that's me pointing out it's vague as ****, which was my point, there's alternatives here, do we know for sure? Hell no, he's intentionally made cryptic by the author, is it because of what you're saying? Most certainly not, is it because of this? Perhaps, but we don't know, it's relevant to the topic at hand because you want to argue about his Stand and its relation to his soul and death, if you want to do that, then yes, it's topical, because you want to argue something deliberately made vague, it's also ironic, because literally everything you've been saying falls under headcanon, do you not realize that? And it probably doesn't even matter because GER did what he did, it just works.
If what you say isn't mentioned in the manga, the guides, anything, we aren't going to use it.

There is no way you actually just asked for proof of GER's main ability. Bruh.

As seen in the scan above he straight up says
"You will never arrive at the reality that will occur. None who stand before me shall ever do so, no matter what ability they may wield".

GER itself says that he can neg abilities on panel.

That's without getting into the guides, it's not even just abilities, it's actions as well, and it's not even just actions and abilities, it's for the most part, almost anything, case and point, Diavolo's death, he managed to nullify someone's death to make it so they could never experience death and he did so to such an extent that Diavolo will be forced to go through this loop of never being able to die forever and you think it's unreasonable that GER couldn't just make it so he can't manifest King Crimson in the same breath he made it so a dude could never die? Occam's Razer lad.
But hey, here ya go

"Gold E. was accepted by the Arrow as one who had the qualifications to control it. As the main body (Giorno) controls the power of the arrow without it going out of control, it negated all of King Crimson's abilities. He gave Diavolo a never-ending death and ended the battle."

Direct statement that even uses the word "abilities".
This should be sufficient, I'm not digging for anything extra.

Because that's what we're told, that's what we're shown, he's only ever stated to have causality manip and his previous abilities increased exponentially.
It's only ever stated, in all media and guides that GER killed Diavolo, set his death to zero, and put him in a death loop for eternity. So that's what happened, we know he has the means to nullify and prevent abilities, and not even just abilities, but actions too. And we know it can be a permanent automatic thing, due to the death loop itself being an automated process upon his death being negated.

And as said, who's to say he's living without a Stand? It could be nullified, he could be prevented from manifesting it, it could be numerous things, whatever it might be, it doesn't matter, at the end of the day he didn't use King Crimson, it can be explained via RTZ, and as such we won't be giving GER made up powers never documented in the source material, guide or supplementary material, because it simply isn't the case.

Backpedaling, you said, and I quote, "Stand users die instantly when their stand is gone".

It goes both ways, a Stand could survive for a good solid odd dozen seconds after his host was literally evaporated in order to fulfill a goal, it's not normal, but it happened anyway. Stand "rules" aren't really rules, they're more like guidelines, they aren't always followed. If you want an even more extreme example of the Harvest thing, DIO being able to use Jonathan's Stand literally a century after Jonathan died (And yes, it's confirmed HP#2 is Jonathan's) And in the case of Diavolo? He's not standard fair, but as said, in the end it doesn't matter why, we go by what we see or told.

Trying to undermine my argument by saying "randomly assume" this or that won't work, because it's anything but, my ultimate conclusion is based strictly going off what we see and told, it's you who keeps assuming it has to be made up powers not mentioned anywhere, I'm giving you alternatives that are entirely feasible under his existing powerset to show you why you assuming it has to be this other power he doesn't have, simply won't fly or get accepted without far more proof, proof which doesn't exist mind you.

And again, I'm not assuming some "other thing" is keeping Diavolo alive, because we know what's keeping him alive, it's RTZ - causality manipulation, don't need to assume if we're flat out told.
No reason? We explicitly know the reason why, it's because his death was set to zero, he will never die. He can't die. It's impossible.
Diavolo had his death negated, he will thus experience the act of dying for all of time, but never actually die, the moment he would die, he's set back to zero to experience a new death. This is what happened, this is what we see, we're told this happened because GER RTZ'd his death, and that's all there is to it.

You're arguing that Diavolo shouldn't be brought back to life without King Crimson? Or that without King Crimson he should be dead? Yeah under normal circumstances that's understandable, but that's the thing, this isn't a normal circumstance, this is a forced infinite death loop where he can't die no matter what, whether he was brought back to life regardless of King Crimson or if life he won't die without King Crimson, both wouldn't matter, why you ask?
Because he can't die.
That's the whole point, he will never die, no matter what, forever, if GER negated his death so he will never die and will be instantly fine with no damage, every experience, it's not exactly out of the realm of possibility to say that King Crimson is moot, Diavolo is alive and fine because that's what RTZ did. In fact, I'm going to say that's what happened there, RTZ is capable of negating any and all damage and detrimental effects upon him each reset and he can not and will not ever die, King Crimson is a nonfactor.

tldr, dude can neg abilities, king crimson is a nonfactor and whether he's around or not wouldn't matter either way, we aren't giving him made up abilities that have never been mentioned in anything before for things that can be explained with his existing powerset so hard disagree.

I can settle on a power null via causality manip based on it being said he can straight up do that, but that's all I can agree to.

Ok can you ask other staff members if power null is fine?

As per our new standards, those scans need to say from what book they are and have the kanjis transcribed on top of the translations.

Ill deal with that later then.
T̵h̵o̵u̵g̵h̵ ̵a̵r̵e̵ ̵t̵h̵e̵y̵ ̵e̵v̵e̵n̵ ̵n̵e̵e̵d̵e̵d̵?̵ ̵I̵t̵'̵s̵ ̵n̵o̵t̵ ̵l̵i̵k̵e̵ ̵w̵e̵ ̵d̵i̵d̵n̵'̵t̵ ̵l̵i̵t̵e̵r̵a̵l̵l̵y̵ ̵s̵e̵e̵ ̵h̵i̵m̵ ̵d̵o̵ ̵i̵t̵ ̵o̵n̵ ̵p̵a̵n̵e̵l̵,̵ ̵a̵ ̵g̵u̵i̵d̵e̵ ̵t̵e̵l̵l̵i̵n̵g̵ ̵u̵s̵ ̵w̵h̵a̵t̵ ̵w̵e̵ ̵a̵l̵r̵e̵a̵d̵y̵ ̵s̵a̵w̵ ̵i̵s̵ ̵j̵u̵s̵t̵ ̵r̵e̵i̵t̵e̵r̵a̵t̵i̵o̵n̵ ̵a̵t̵ ̵b̵e̵s̵t̵

Back