• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why doesn’t destroying more than one 2-A Multiverse make you baseline 2-A?

Peppypony

She/Her
Doesn’t make sense to me? Why does a verse have to SAY specifically that it makes you higher than baseline 2-A?

Also another question, if a character was baseline 2-A, but then there’s a timeskip and they say that they are now “stronger than before (the timeskip) by an infinite amount”. Assuming it’s not hyperbole, does that actually make them infinitely above baseline 2-A?

I'm not an expert so take everything I say with a grain of salt, or if you were asking a different question

2-A is defined by destroying a countably infinite number of time-space continuums.
numerically (infinity)*2=(infinity), so destroying 2 infinities is the same as destroying 1 infinity.
Another way of thinking about it.
imagine infinity as the set of all positive integers 1,2,3,4,5...
the set of all even numbers is also infinite 2,4,6,8,10...
as is the set of all odd numbers 1,3,5,7,9...
they are the same size. So destroying two 2-A universes would be like destroying the set of all odd numbers, and the set of all even numbers, It just gives you the set of all positive integers. which is still just 2-A.

As for your second question it depends on the type of infinity, if the character only got countably infinitely stronger then we run into the same problem as before where the character is still 2-A. However if they got uncountably infinitely stronger then they would become Low 1-C.

We basically run off the "Hilbert hotel paradox" logic

Ah ok, I think I get it. Hehe.

Oh alright. Because I remember when Shin Megami Tensei, Asriel Dreemurr and Digimon characters were 2-A, many were still considered 2-A despite being uncountably infinitely stronger than baseline 2-A. I'm assuming the standards have change ever since? Is it not possible for a character to be uncountably infinitely stronger without being Low 1-C anymore?

I'm fairly new so IDK if the standard have changed, people were bad at arguing it, or if some people were just really against it.
I believe a character growing uncountably infinitely stronger would be the equivalent of them gaining a spatial dimension of power. So if a character was 3-A(3D) prior then they would become 2-C(4D) in terms of AP. If they were 4D then they would become 5D etc. 5D is Low 1-C.

Proving that a series has an uncountably infinite number of universes or that they've grown uncountably infinitely stronger may be difficult however. A series saying they have countless worlds may just refer to a countable infinite amount since counting them all would require infinite time making it practically countless. The series would have to have to use some fairly specific language such as "there are as may worlds as there are real numbers between 0 and 1."

Ah ok, I think I get it. Hehe.

Oh alright. Because I remember when Shin Megami Tensei, Asriel Dreemurr and Digimon characters were 2-A, many were still considered 2-A despite being uncountably infinitely stronger than baseline 2-A. I'm assuming the standards have change ever since? Is it not possible for a character to be uncountably infinitely stronger without being Low 1-C anymore?
Asriel got nerfed to 2-C/2-B since uncountable infinity wasn't there. Digimon are currently 1-C and SMT is Low 1-C to 1-A

Asriel got nerfed to 2-C/2-B since uncountable infinity wasn't there. Digimon are currently 1-C and SMT is Low 1-C to 1-A
Oh yeah I'm aware of that. I'm just wondering if a character can still be infinitely above baseline 2-A for those reason on the wiki or not.

Oh yeah I'm aware of that. I'm just wondering if a character can still be infinitely above baseline 2-A for those reason on the wiki or not.
Well it's difficult to get above baseline 2-A now.
To get above baseline you'd have to destroy two separate 2-A structures that aren't reachable by normal means. I think this system is dumb but it is what it is.

Well it's difficult to get above baseline 2-A now.
To get above baseline you'd have to destroy two separate 2-A structures that aren't reachable by normal means. I think this system is dumb but it is what it is.
The only two verses that I know that circumvent getting above baseline 2-A is disgaea and DBH but that's mostly due to scailing chains and multipliers.

Basically, in the past stacking infinities was accepted as it was basically an unimportant concept for the higher tiers. Nowadays the entirety of the higher levels of the system are based on the concept of higher infinities, so having the infinities working as logically intended unless stated otherwise became the norm.

The only two verses that I know that circumvent getting above baseline 2-A is disgaea and DBH but that's mostly due to scailing chains and multipliers.
Actually, DBH only get above baseline 2-A range, not with AP due to Crack of Time being stated to beyond the base 2-A multiverse and beyond the reach of Goda such as Super Shenron and Zeno, thus you require a bigger range to reach CoT

Multiplier and scaling chain on the other hand is the thing for every verse though

Back