• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why does Dante have teleportation?

In DMC3 air Trick is described as "Disappear in the blink of an eye, then reappear above the enemy ready to strike" I would call that a teleport.

While Swordmaster and Gunslinger can just be how Dante fights, Trickster and Royal guard have never been officially mentioned in the story so it's hard to say how canon they are outside of gameplay.

Though I would say that Dante teleports in the Agnus cutscene

and I would say he uses Trickster here when he touches the savior.

He also either need to be really really fast or he is teleporting here in the Anime 17:19 to 18:23

Air tricks descrption also reads in dMC4 "Aim above an enemy's head and disappear in the blink of an eye with blindingly quick movements."

Crimson Azoth said:
When you think about it, teleportation is just really quick movement. The Flash once outran a teleporter , for example.
That's the worst example you could ever give.

1) Teleportation isn't regular movement, but rather disappearing in a place and appearing in another one in 0 time. If ti was done by sheer speed, it would be infinite speed.

2) Flash is it's his own case, and he achieved Immeasurable speed to surpass teleportation. He's not comparable to Dante at all.

Golden Void said:
Vergil is the only actual teleporter iirc
I even start to doubt vergils teleportation due to how often DMc swaps "Teleport" with "move at high speeds" Even Vergils airtrick in 4 is said to be high speed movement

DMC4 builds upon what was already established in DMC3. Vergil is a teleporter.

DMC4 Skill files (you made me open up the game now >.>)

Air trick: "....then close the distance with high speed movement"

Grim Trick: "Mark a Grim Grip with a summoned sword, then teleport to it in an instant

Trick up: "Teleport to a spot directly above your head"

Trick down: "Teleport diagonally down and back if done in mid-air, and just backwards if done on the ground"

Iirc they also state in dmc 3 vergil is using special evasive movements. But i digress The topic is why Dante has teleportation Despite none of his moves ever being listed as teleportation does anybody know? Or is just scaling from vergil?

All of the moves in his trickster style i've seen always said it's high speed movement based not teleportation

how is it bad wording when it's consistant across DMC 3 and 4 and if we wanna say Vergil can teleport His moves are specified As teleportation Meanwhile Dante's isn't >it resembles teleportation more then just high-speed movement How? Because High speed movement can Seem simaler to teleportation as well. See any FTE blitz

No, DMC3 doesn't mention "High-speed movement" in its description for Trick Up. Only DMC4 has that. And as of Vergil in DMC4SE, it was probably copy-pasted from Dante's.

I wasn't talking about trick up i was talking about air trick. You're gonna need to prove it's bad wording and that they meant teleportation for Dante.

Back