• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why aren't Mario characters FTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Don't take this out of context. I know that the characters in Galaxy are MFTL+. But the characters who aren't in that are Sub-Rel. I have no problem with it, but everyone worth note has a feat of escaping a black hole. Whether or not it acts like a real black hole (it doesn't. The person survives after they get sucked in), its initial properties are still the same, i.e., being able to suck at the speed of light. It's even stated that the pull gets stronger, so it's even faster.

Yeah, they're definately fake black holes; they'd be High 3-A at bare minimum otherwise. The other point, about it sucking at the Speed of Light, might be reasonable. Is there a video somewhere that displays them sucking up light?

Isn't that only a rel+ feat since they can only resist until they're right outside the event horizon, and once they reach it they're sucked in immediately.

We must wait for Dynoblack response, also i'm not sure if we should scale the speed to characters that never appeared in Galaxy or never handled a black hole just because powerscaling.

If the black holes behaves like the ones in galaxy then i might agree through there are Daisy and Waluigi, who are featless (Unknown stats).

I also agree with this as it gives most of the characters the speed feat that appeared in the game.

such as Wario, Waluigi, daisy, toad, toadette, boo, and Koopa kid (if he ever gets a page)

Whoever gets sucked into a black hole very quickly like a couple of seconds isn't FTL, they have to last long periods like nearly a min for example, w/o being sucked in to be at least FTL.

What Blahblah said. Resisting the pull of a black hole =/= FTL, getting out after you go past the event horizon is.

Plus, it may not even be Rel+ depending on the size of the black hole. The feat should probably be calculated.

Oh yeah, now that I think about it; the light getting sucked up looks more like lightning bolts than it does actual light. Would still me a MHS+ feat are bare minimum, but I don't know about FTL

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Oh yeah, now that I think about it; the light getting sucked up looks more like lightning bolts than it does actual light. Would still me a MHS+ feat are bare minimum, but I don't know about FTL
It usually depends on:

-The size of the Black Hole.

-How long can a certain character resist the pull of the Black Hole.

I honestly think that Mario characters should be at least FTL. In Mario Party 9, they also reacted to attacks from Bowser. In that game Bowser created a Large Star+ sized black hole in seconds

Paper Jam did a lot of confusions; know one really knows why Mario and Paper Mario are two separate characters in that game, but they Do share a continuity. The original Paper Mario was confirmed to be a direct sequel to Legend of the Seven Stars.

^

I mean, it was supposed to be a sequel, but then it became a standalone game.

https://www.mariowiki.com/Paper_Mario#Similarities_with_Super_Mario_RPG:_Legend_of_the_Seven_Stars

Paper Mario shares many elements with its spiritual predecessor Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, seeing as it was initially intended to be a sequel.

Paper Mario was originally going to be called Super Mario RPG 2, but was later renamed "Super Mario Adventure" (while still in development) due to legal reasons. Eventually, it received its finalized international title to emphasize the unique graphical style of the game.

Either way, Dino Ranger Black, the Mario expert, has mentioned numerous times that all Mario games are technically canon do to the fact that Nintendo confirmed that all the Mario characters are actors performing stage plays. On top of the, there is the fact that there are countless references to other Mario games in nearly all Mario games.

because if Mario is FTL why does it take him so long to get around towns? (thinking of super mario sunshine.)

akso FTL speeds will not save you from a black hole theres some other wizardy at work here.

Hazerddex said:
because if Mario is FTL why does it take him so long to get around towns? (thinking of super mario sunshine.)

aksi FTL speeds will not save you from a black hole theres some other wizardy at work here.

1. i think you don't know what a game mechanic is then.

2. ?

ArceusBowser44 said:
Hazerddex said:

aksi FTL speeds will not save you from a black hole theres some other wizardy at work here.
2. ?
by that argument you could say the black holes are also game mecanics.

also micro black holes =/= same as large black holes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nHBGFKLHZQ

Hazerddex said:
ArceusBowser44 said:
Hazerddex said:

2. ?
by that argument you could say the black holes are also game mecanics.

also micro black holes =/= same as large black holes

1. Via your logic Sonic can't run up wallsor dodge bullets from the robots. Mario has plenty of MFTL+ speed feats in game that aren't game mechanics

That was a supermassive black hole anyway. Plus, it's not the only FTL speed feat in Mario Party. In Mario Party 9, the cast has actually a MFTL+ speed feat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back