• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why All Might is High Hypersonic?

^Ok,and why Bakugo\deku are hypersonic? there is no calc of them either

^How dose dodge from mach 1 attack make you 10-25 mach or 50-100 mach? you cant calc this since you cant know when he moved his head

It's not my call and I don't remember participating in the discussion so I can't answer for them. Try searching up the boku no hero or All Might threads for clarification, maybe.

The Hypersonic+ speed rating comes from this page, where he dodged/countered Bakugou's explosion?

The main issue with this here is that

• The explosion happened while Bakugou was up at a certain height, while Deku remained on the ground, thus said Bakugou's explosion wouldn't have reached Deku from that height (seeing how small said explosion is).
  • Deku actually dodged an incoming fist from a character who was propelled by said explosion, and not the explosion itself, thus we have no idea how fast Bakugou's fist was actually moving here...
speed of object that is propelled by an explosion =\= speed of an explosion.

I would be okay with the downgrade, although not sure about what level it should be downgraded to.

Shame I am not allowed to find the speed of said moving character that is propelled from the explosion...

From what i understand this guy is faster than sound and i guess he is kind of top tier? or at least faster\comparable to Midoriya and the other kids? then Supersonic speed for everyone sound good to me

@Lina I think that you seem to make sense, but why are you not allowed to calculate the speed of the character propelled by the explosion?

@Ant: Isn't there a rule about calculations where you are not supposed to derive speed from kinetic energy or something like that? I would think that deriving speed from an energy of an explosion might violate a rule similar to that?

It was supposed to be downgraded a while ago, but we got sidetracked because of other things.

I don't mind starting the edits, but since I might be heading out I probably won't be able to finish them for a while.

Most of the characters should still be within the subsonic range for dealing with Bakugou's explosions.

Dodgind Supersonic is just 'at least supersonic' at best, not hypersonic or high hypersonic. I agree with downgrade

@Joseph

I based it off the explosion speed of Nitroglycerin, since Bakugou's sweat is supposed to have the same properties.

I understand that it's been debunked now, but please don't get your facts mixed up.

Probably subsonic for most of the cast and supersonic for the speediest characters like Gran Torino and All Might.

@Therefir

To be honest, that's really basic math.

5000 m / 30s = 166.66 m/s. Subsonic

But they both scale to a better feat of All for One dodging Edge Shot, who is explicitly stated to have Supersonic attack speed.

@Therefir I don't know the context of that scene, but if it's supposed to imply that a character travelled 5 kilometers in 30 seconds, he'd be 166.666667 mps or Subsonic. Maybe a bit lower since he said "well over" 30 seconds.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Reppuzan.

Reppuzan said:
@Therefir
To be honest, that's really basic math.

5000 m / 30s = 166.66 m/s. Subsonic

But they both scale to a better feat of All for One dodging Edge Shot, who is explicitly stated to have Supersonic attack speed.
So prime All Might should be High Hypersonic+ right? He is 60 times more powerful than his weakened state

@Therefir

I don't know if we should reverse engineer speed and kinetic energy like that, since it might be calc stacking.

If he has a Subsonic feat, and a form of his is explicitly stated to be 60 times faster, and no showings contradict this, it might just be a simple multiplier like we use with Kaioken. However I'm not sure.

Some time ago there was a talk about relativistic BNHA based on characters dodgin Yuuga's laser but it got almost nowhere and was mostly discussed over the discord channel, I could bring all the info/scans that was digged there and make a new thread if that's ok.

@Nedoiko I still don't really see how Yuugas laser could realistically plus context wise be so fast. Actually in fact I just realized if it was in fact as fast as a real laser. Remember the physical tests the class A students had to take, why didn't his laser with its speed take him all the way across the start to finish in the 100 meter race(or was it 50 meters?), even just one second of usage would be more than fast enough to reach 100 meters but he barely made it half way.

@Grudge

I think the better disqualifier is the fact that it was able to propel him at all. Lasers don't have mass since they're made of light particles and is thus simply light, electromagnetic, and thermal energy. They can't provide recoil.

Grudgeman1706 said:
@Nedoiko why didn't his laser with its speed take him all the way across the start to finish in the 100 meter race?
I'm not a physic's expert but wouldnt the "force" of the beam be the responsible for the lift/propulsion, and not its speed?

Reppuzan said:
@Grudge

I think the better disqualifier is the fact that it was able to propel him at all. Lasers don't have mass since they're made of light particles and is thus simply light, electromagnetic, and thermal energy. They can't provide recoil.
See I thought of that but most people chalk that up as just fiction physics so I don't argue it. But you are right real lasers can't actually propel you

@Nedoiko

To provide propulsion, something needs to displace matter (usually air) and generate kinetic energy to push something in a target direction.

Kinetic energy = 1/2 (mass)(velocity)^2.

Light doesn't have mass. Therefore kinetic energy and thus propulsion is impossible.

@Grudge

If it doesn't act like light, it ain't light, even if it's fiction. The only exception is the explicit ability to manipulate light's properties (i.e. Kizaru).

@Reppuzan noted, there are still some iffy things about that lasers physics, and sometimes horikoshi has taken several physics liberties (like the infamous "if even light goes trough mirio, shouldnt he become invisible?" thing, or the resent iffy physics regarding Endeavor's quirk generating propulsion where it shouldn't), and there are several pointers that it is indeed light, I guess I'll have to wait further confirmation

@Nedoiko

There are only so many liberties we can take with a beam until we have to deem it as not being light.

If Yuuga's beam shows other properties of being light (i.e. reflecting off mirrors or refracting in another substance e.t.c.) then we can think about it.

Back