• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New Deku Speed Calculation with Gearshift

I would like to ask for a review of my calculation of Midoriya's Gearshift speed in My Hero Academia:

My blog.

I tried to calculate Deku's speed to Blitz Shigaraki, based on Shigaraki's perception speed when reacting to the ships' laser attacks in the fight against Star and Stripe.

We do not accept those lasers as being lightspeed. Being called lasers doesn't make something lightspeed nor does them coming from technology mean anything.

Lasers need to fulfil the requirements on this page.

"The proof that lasers are made of light are: Because they continue to move at the same speed in the vacuum created by New Order's power, both because they move in a straight line every time and the only time they didn't, was because of Star and Stripe are using New Order to shape the laser."

None of that fulfills any of our requirements. Moving in a straight line and in a vacuum means nothing, that is possible for anything and doesn't mean they move at lightspeed.

Also, Shigaraki did not react to the lasers. He got hit by them instantly and his attack came after he was struck by the lasers.

This has been discussed to death and I'm almost tempted to ask for this to be a discussion rule as well.

We do not accept those lasers as being lightspeed. Being called lasers doesn't make something lightspeed nor does them coming from technology mean anything.

"The proof that lasers are made of light are: Because they continue to move at the same speed in the vacuum created by New Order's power, both because they move in a straight line every time and the only time they didn't, was because of Star and Stripe are using New Order to shape the laser."

None of that fulfills any of our requirements. Moving in a straight line and in a vacuum means nothing, that is possible for anything and doesn't mean they move at lightspeed.

Also, Shigaraki did not react to the lasers. He got hit by them instantly and his attack came after he was struck by the lasers.

This has been discussed to death and I'm almost tempted to ask for this to be a discussion rule as well.
I know that Shigaraki was hit by the laser of the attacks, but I'm basing the reaction time based on Star and Stripe having stated that she is not as powerful as All Might, even though she gives a buff to her physical attributes (stated by her on page 14 of chapter 330 of the Manga).

And why aren't lasers really suited to go at the speed of light? They move in a straight line, they do not produce explosions but burns, they are generated by technological sources in a more advanced future.

And in the blog talking about MHA speed types: the ships' laser was not disregarded as light.

I know that Shigaraki was hit by the laser of the attacks, but I'm basing the reaction time based on Star and Stripe having stated that she is not as powerful as All Might, even though she gives a buff to her physical attributes (stated by her on page 14 of chapter 330 of the Manga).

And why aren't lasers really suited to go at the speed of light? They move in a straight line, they do not produce explosions but burns, they are generated by technological sources in a more advanced future.

And in the blog talking about MHA speed types: the ships' laser was not disregarded as light.
Is English not your first language? Nothing you said there means Shigaraki scales to the lasers like you think he does.

You need proof they move at the speed of light, which you've not provided. After that, you need prove that Shigaraki scales to the lasers.

Also, you cannot calculate Shigaraki's reaction speed and use it in another calculation. That is what we call calc stacking and is forbidden on this wiki.

You need to read our pages about calc stacking and lasers.

Note: That blog is awful and is not accepted at all.

Is English not your first language? Nothing you said there means Shigaraki scales to the lasers like you think he does.

You need proof they move at the speed of light, which you've not provided. After that, you need prove that Shigaraki scales to the lasers.

Also, you cannot calculate Shigaraki's reaction speed and use it in another calculation. That is what we call calc stacking and is forbidden on this wiki.

You need to read our pages about calc stacking and lasers.

Note: That blog is awful and is not accepted at all.
No, actually, English is not my first language. I apologize in advance if my translation is that bad.

About the laser's speed: This post on Vs Battle, in part of topic 2.4, analyzed the accuracy of the laser's speed. These points were discussed and used.

Lasers acted no differently than normal light. They moved at a single speed, in a straight line, they did not cause explosions but burns, as argued in the post itself, and the only time they interacted differently was when Star and Stripe used its power to be able to touch and shape the lasers.

I know that calculation stacking is not allowed, but in addition to my argument that Shigaraki is physically superior to Star and Stripe, I, out of stupidity, apologize for that, I forgot that: Shigaraki was hit, but was able to instantly return the attack using his powers.

In this case: He allowed himself to be hit to use the lasers against the aircraft and destroy them at once in a single attack.

Note: Look, this was my first blog... sorry if it wasn't so good, I'm still practicing to improve.

No, actually, English is not my first language
I noticed, it'd be best for you to speak to someone else about this stuff.

I wouldn't want to accidently offend you or anything.

I'm not confident in my ability to speak with you.

I noticed, it'd be best for you to speak to someone else about this stuff.

I wouldn't want to accidently offend you or anything.

I'm not confident in my ability to speak with you.
For me, so far so good. I'm also afraid of writing something that might end up offending someone unintentionally.

I would like to continue our conversation.

TheRustyOne is correct here. This has been addressed before.

TheRustyOne is correct here. This has been addressed before.
Could you tell me when this was debated? I didn't find the post or forum where laser speed was discussed. Just the post that talks about speed in My Hero Academia.

Back