• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Who's the fastest character on the site?

But normal logic dictates it doesn't make sense, you can't cross "infinity", especially when it takes you time, and we can't always use "it's fiction" as an excuse, like when a black hole doesn't behave like a real black hole, but we consider it the same.

That's not an excuse... Not even a good one... You can't cross an infinite space if infinite. That means it's ever expanding, that means a stopping point can't be reached, that means that either the mangaka can't do physics, or we completely say "screw the laws of physics". Now if it's an irrelevant speed, that makes more sense, but still doesn't, as the void never stops moving. There's always a space because it just moves onwards.

So...its hyperbole I don't really care much if it is it's a given I just happen to come across his page once and brought it up

Then just use logic on that next time dude. That should make no sense as soon as they say "infinite" and "crossed" that distance. That means that he needed to stop at a point where said void ended.

Davy0 said:
That's not an excuse... Not even a good one... You can't cross an infinite space if infinite. That means it's ever expanding, that means a stopping point can't be reached, that means that either the mangaka can't do physics, or we completely say "screw the laws of physics". Now if it's an irrelevant speed, that makes more sense, but still doesn't, as the void never stops moving. There's always a space because it just moves onwards.
By that logic, no character can destroy an infinitely large multiverse, because their attacks would have had to cross an infinite distance.

RouninOtaku said:
Lord-Of-Creation said:
Anyways, Shrike is faster than everyone else listed so far.
I said characters who don't have immeasurable speed
The Shrike doesn't have immeasurable speed. It just isn't bound by time, so the concept of speed doesn't apply, but without taking that into consideration, the Shrike has MFTL+++++++++++++ speed. It can life wipe the entire universe in a planck instant.

Lord-Of-Creation said:
RouninOtaku said:
Lord-Of-Creation said:
The Shrike doesn't have immeasurable speed. It just isn't bound by time, so the concept of speed doesn't apply, but without taking that into consideration, the Shrike has MFTL+++++++++++++ speed. It can life wipe the entire universe in a planck instant.
I meant to have implied characters to which the concept of speed is applied

RouninOtaku said:
Lord-Of-Creation said:
RouninOtaku said:
Lord-Of-Creation said:
I meant to have implied characters to which the concept of speed is applied
Yeah but with the Shrike's actual speed showings, its MFTL+++++++++. It's speed is technically only classified as immeasurable since it isn't bound by time, but what it shows in the actual story, we actually have MFTL feats, rather than immeasurable speeds.

Irrelevant is only used for 1-A characters.

stop quote stacking

okay what exactly makes you adding a bunch of +++++ to the end of the MFTL stat make him faster than all the characters listed because if we were able to do that we would

Well, I had a questions about The Shrikes speed.

Have you read Hyperion Cantos Lord-Of-Creation?

Because we currently have The Shrike listed as Immeasurable because it said that he can bypass the concept of speed and time. Is actually stated like that or is it just that he is really fast and has time manipulation powers?

(Saying that he can shrank every human in a planck instant would imply just really fast, right?)

Lord-Of-Creation said:
Davy0 said:
By that logic, no character can destroy an infinitely large multiverse, because their attacks would have had to cross an infinite distance.
You act like I agree with the notion of destroying infinite amounts of universes there, thanks for the sentiment, but my mind wasn't read very well by you obviously.

well, i dont know about who is the fastest on this wiki. But the best i can think of is Alice and her godspeed

MagiSinbad said:
well, i dont know about who is the fastest on this wiki. But the best i can think of is Alice and her godspeed
I highly, highly doubt she has infinite speed unless you can bring up some of her best feats to scale on that.

@Davy

Dude :| her godspeed abilities only appeared once =_= and the "Infinitely enhanced speed" is the only description of her Godspeed >__>

OK. But we're talking about the fastest overall characters, that still have to follow the concept of speed here, so all I'm saying is that she could not be unless more examples were given, it'd be a hyperbole.

i wont considering it's a hyperbole o3o there are no reason for her to bluffing about the ability of the Godspeed and the Geass user after fused with Nemo actually know their geass very well.

It doesn't matter if she's bluffing or not about it. Has she faced off against characters faster than her in the verses. Has a character moved at MHS speeds, has a character moved at Relativistic speeds, Lightspeeds, FTL speeds, Massively FTL speeds, Incalculable speeds, Irrelevant speeds?

That's the proof you need. But since you don't want to prove it, or more-so you can't, because it's a hyperbole. There's no issue.

Allow me to explain. Rolo's ability is the ability to stop time on a universal scale. So time doesn't progress at all, so zero time. Yet Alice was able to move in the stopped time (zero time) so she could move a finite distance in zero time, which gives infinite speed.

That was her geass, to give her infinite speed, which is why she was able to move even when time didn't move.

I made Nightmare of Nunnally profiles but they were deleted because a cripple girl would be multiverse+ and that made it seem like a joke.

Lord-Of-Creation said:
Allow me to explain. Rolo's ability is the ability to stop time on a universal scale. So time doesn't progress at all, so zero time. Yet Alice was able to move in the stopped time (zero time) so she could move a finite distance in zero time, which gives infinite speed.

That was her geass, to give her infinite speed, which is why she was able to move even when time didn't move.
Do you have any proofs of Rolo's ability affecting the entirety of the universe? Because all it could mean is that she gains the ability to move during time stops, otherwise we'd have to say that characters like Archie Sonic also have "infinite" speeds, because Flashman has a similar ability and wasn't stopped by it. (sigh)

Davy0 said:
Lord-Of-Creation said:

Do you have any proofs of Rolo's ability affecting the entirety of the universe? Because all it could mean is that she gains the ability to move during time stops, otherwise we'd have to say that characters like Archie Sonic also have "infinite" speeds, because Flashman has a similar ability and wasn't stopped by it. (sigh)
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/l...beOVo2odcIpBvmXrK9-97tUDBDRjqS3qAt98EU1Bg=s85

There's no reason to believe she got the ability to move in time stops. She says her geass gave her infinite speed, and that's why she was able to no sell Rolo's time stop. The evidence on panel seems to indicate infinite speed.

Well anyways, here's the quote where D crossed an infinite distance.

"Matthew was up ahead. To the naked eye, he seemed to be thirty feet away. However, the distance was actually infinite. "Impossible . . . It can't be!" the boy exclaimed, his surprise so great his face wore a look of utter stupefaction as he stared at D. The Hunter had closed to within six feet of him, but Matthew wasn't worried. He knew although it appeared to the naked eye to be six feet, the space between them was infinite."As the boy laughed uncontrollably, a silvery flash zipped to the end of his nose. "What the—" Matthew exclaimed, reeling back and putting his hand to the tip of his nose. Something red dripped from it. "You cut me?" he said, purple madness turning to white fear. "How could you cut me? Between you and me, there must be—" His eye burned with red reflected from D's eyes. Eyes narrowed with rage, fangs peeking from vermilion lips—it was clearly the face of a vampire."

Once again... Do you have any proof that it's "infinite" speeds? From what I know that would be unquantifiable. They can say whatever they wish, all I'm seeing is an immunity to times top here, unless you have adequate proof of her potential.

Now for the Vampire D. An infinite distance, yet it was capable of being covered by the vampire, a void that constantly expands... it shouldn't have a stopping point....

Back