• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Who will dominate the battlefield tonight?

Ehehe
Blood-Angel-Terminators

Draug VS. Space Marine

This takes place in battlefield between where kaedwen and aedirn armies fought

Space marine of Blood Angels chapter, he is equipped with terminator armor and his weapons are a storm botler and lighting claw

Both have their 8-C key and the speed is equalized

The battle starts 25 meters apart

Both are in character

Battle Music

First of all that's a Blood Angels Marine you have there you ******* heretic

Well straight off the bat, the AP difference between them is huge, almost four times over in fact, so any damage the Marine does will be incredibly minuscule, whereas a couple of good hits or even one good hit from Draug would be enough to end him. Basically, the Bolter and the Marine's strength itself is useless in this scenario.

The Chainsword on the other hand could do some real damage due to it's slight durability negating abilities due to having monomolecular teeth, but I don't think the Marine can sheer enough away from the big lug before he's grabbed and yeeted. And even if he does, he can't get past Type 8...I think.

Tl;dr Marine loses.

Crabwhale said:
And even if he does, he can't get past Type 8...I think.
The type 8 immortality isn't a huge issue here because to negate it you need to break the curse that binds draug into the living world which in draugs case it's defeating him in his battlefield meaning it isn't battle applicable

Vandergrift seems to have a bunch of hax too. This might be a stomp. Give the Marine some Chaos Weapons to even it out.

@Crab

Do you know any skill feats that can apply to just any standard marine?

@ Emperor

Not much aside from the usual "gods of combat" thing, no.

I don't think a standard Blood Marine has any counter to intangibility. Depending on the heat of the fire it could actually harm him. No counter to danmaku. No counter to summoning. A Blood Marine has his own Berserk Mode called the Red Thirst but it wouldn't really be effective here. No idea what plot hax does but no counter either.

Along with being 4x stronger and more durable whilst the Marine has a chainsaw which negs durability to an extent. If he attacks he gets grabbed and ripped in half.

I think this is a stomp.

The intangibility is just turning into tornado for a while, danmaku is archers shooting and summoning is just summoning of minions.

...I was re-reading Dark Imperium to find some skill feats but this cut me deep.

'To me, He was a father.' A distant, uncaring, heartless, manipulative father, he thought. 'And a lord. I have died for Him once, and would again. That does not give Him divinity.' Coldness. That was the defining sensation of his meeting with the Emperor. Infinite, terrible coldness. He had approached the meeting with dread, fearing what he would find. Would his father be dead? Would He be insane? Would they even be able to talk? When he had been admitted to the throne room and approached the Golden Throne, he had done so as he had approached his foster father Konor's funeral, willing it all to be right, drowning in certain grief. Between the time of the Emperor's ascension to the throne and Guilliman's own death, the Emperor had spoken to no one. How could anything have persisted for ten thousand years, he had thought. There was the wizened corpse surrounded by banks of groaning machinery, His sword upon His knee. Sorrow suffused everything. The sacrifice required to keep the Emperor alive sickened the primarch. If He were alive. He appeared dead. Guilliman had expected nothing. But He spoke. With words of light and fire, the Emperor had conferred with His returned primarch, the last of His finest creations. A creation. Not a son. The living Emperor had been an artful being, as skilled at hiding His thoughts as He was at reading those of others. What remained of Him was powerful beyond comprehension, but it lacked the subtlety He had had whilst He walked among men. Speaking with the Emperor had been like conversing with a star. The Emperor's words burned him. What hurt most deeply was what went unsaid. The Emperor greeted Guilliman not as a father receives a son, but as a craftsmen who rediscovers a favourite tool that he thought lost. He behaved like a prisoner locked in an iron cage who is passed a rasp. Guilliman had no illusions. He was not the man who brought the rasp; he was the rasp. While the Emperor had walked abroad, He had cloaked His manipulations in love. He had let His primarchs call Him father; He had let them call themselves His sons. He had rarely spoken those words Himself, Guilliman now realised, and when He had He had done so without sincerity. Buffeted by the full might of the Emperor's will unclothed in flesh, a cloak had been ripped from Guilliman's eyes. The Emperor had allowed them to love Him, and to believe He loved them in return. He had not. His primarchs were weapons, that was all. Though His power was immense, perhaps greater than it had been before He ascended, the Emperor's humanity was all but gone. He could no longer mask His thoughts with a human face. The Emperor's light was blinding, all encompassing, but finally ― finally ― Guilliman had seen it as a whole. The being he had thought of as a father could hide nothing from him. The Emperor did not love His sons. They were things. Guilliman, all his brothers, were nothing but a means to an end.

SpookyShadow said:
The intangibility is just turning into tornado for a while, danmaku is archers shooting and summoning is just summoning of minions.
Yeah idk, I don't think Marine could win in any case. Let me find some skill feats first.

I think at least Primaris Space Marines are considerably skilled.

Here's one from a Primaris Space Marine Captain and his crew being able to fight the Death Guard who have honed their skills for 10,000 years.

"The Death Guard should not have been capable of life, but they fought well, their bodies supported by the power of Chaos, their skills honed by ten millennia of war. A hatred to mirror Felix's own flickered in the yellowed eyes peering at him through cracked eye-lenses. Rusted knives jabbed at Felix, their dull edges blistering the paint of his armour where they scratched. Alarms howled at the pain inflicted upon the machine's spirit. Bolters were thrown down and bolt pistols drawn. Felix was not destined to die there. He was a Primaris Space Marine; he was a captain. He was armed and armoured with the finest wargear in the Imperium. A potent mix of loyalty and fury suffused him, as efficacious as the adrenal elixirs pumped into his body by his implants and his battleplate. Twin hearts hammering, Felix meted out death to the deathless. His power sword spat with droplets of cooking blood as he cleaved away limbs from flabby bodies, and he riddled with bolts torsos that decayed with the vigour of the grave while still alive."

Wait you have Dark Imperium? Gimme gimme gimme

Marines generally don't give a shit about fire. They shrug off being in infernos just fine.

Also the Red Thirst and Black Rage could be more of a disadvantage here than anything else, considering the fact the Marine might just ditch the Chainsword and try to EAT HIM.

Also, that's a Primaris Marine and a Captain, which are both above an average Firstborn.

It's not a stomp because the Marine reasonably has a chance to kill the guy, albeit extremely unlikely. A stomp is when a character cannot hope to defeat another character in any way, shape or form, and is utterly destroyed by the other character.

I was going to download it but you can literally find it with a google search. Here.

I know it was a Primaris Space Marine, don't know if they scale in skill at all to Normal Space Marines.

He was fighting alongside other normal Primaris Space Marine.

A dim awareness of others fighting by his side impinged upon his battle lust; a staff topped with a horned skull smote the last of the Death Guard, and then there were no more foes. 'Do you feel it?' asked Codicier Maxim. 'Do you feel the power in this place?' Felix panted hard, staring at Maxim with blank eyes. A tumble of meaningless data rolled down his retinal displays. The Aurora Chapter psyker placed the head of his staff against the centre of Felix's chest. Along its length, the crystalline matrix glowed. Felix's mind cleared. 'Do not fall prey to the power of the warp,' said Maxim. 'The warp is at work here, so thin the barrier between this place and the empyrean has become.' 'I have nothing but hatred for these things,' said Felix, gesturing with his power gauntlet at the fallen Plague Marines. 'I have fought against Chaos many times.' Even as he said the words, he questioned his aggressive tone.

Fair enough it isn't a stomp though Marine only wins with a lucky shot from his chainsword if we don't take SKILL into account. If this is actually a Blood Marine, he could get vision of Sanguinius dying at any moment.

He could spit acid at it. Would that help?

Prolly not.

Apparently the acid can eventually eat through metal as well, but I doubt he can churn out enough of that to even make a difference.

That's...not gonna do much. Bolters and Bolt Pistols fire the same caliber of ammunition. They're functionally identical. It's just that Bolt Pistols are more compact and carry less rounds.

Crabwhale said:
That's...not gonna do much. Bolters and Bolt Pistols fire the same caliber of ammunition. They're functionally identical. It's just that Bolt Pistols are more compact and carry less rounds.
Wait i thought they had bigger calibers, i probably thought of heavy bolters

Well because it seem draug has a upper hand in nearly every way i'm actually upping things for the space marine

Well you see Termies can only ever run two Lightning Claws. It's called the Assault formation.

This just turns the battle into too much of a stomp in the other direction. That thing isn't getting through at least High 8-C armor, and Lightning Claws have molecular durability negation.

Crabwhale said:
Well you see Termies can only ever run two Lightning Claws. It's called the Assault formation.

This just turns the battle into too much of a stomp in the other direction. That thing isn't getting through at least High 8-C armor, and Lightning Claws have molecular durability negation.
Been through 40k lore for weeks now i am still looking like an idiot trying to get into it

the lighting claws as you said are used in pairs and it's lore breaking and i should consider if i need to change it but i wouldn't exactly say it's a stomp

Draug is borderline high 8-C so i wouldn't say it's a stomp in durability wise

The dude basically has no way of harming him though. He's at least 1.442 tons vs at least 7.9 tons. That might not be exactly the mythical 7 times AP stomp, but it's close enough that there's no way the Marine is even getting his paint chipped.

Maybe it's not the right place and I should make a new topic, but would the result be the same with a Primaris space marine?

Back