• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Who has the best training/fighting skills?

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
With all the talk about Goku having superior fighting skills to anyone he goes against, it got me to wondering, who do you think in fiction has the greatest training and fighting skills? Choose one 3-D being, one 4-D being, and one higher/infinite/beyond dimensional being, if you can think of one. Note this is not to see who has better fighting skills than Goku, but just to see who else knows how to tactically break out a can of whoop-a.

I thought the batman vs goku thread with everything equalized got closed. So this probably will too anyway captain America, task master, batman, karate kid, Wonder Woman, cell, solid snake, kenshiro that's all I can think of

Kenichi is pretty good technique wise for a fictional character (though that is hard to judge). Mostly because his series actually focuses on such things and neither goes in the supernatural power nor simply getting stronger and faster direction (at least not much). So other people from his series are also quite good in that.

Now he isn't the one with the greatest fighting skill, just someone I think is noteworthy since it is better documented then for many others. (or you may say because it's not just the fancy techniques)

The greatest fighting skill obviously have omniscient entities, as fighting skill is just knowing which is the best way to fight.

The real cal howard said:
but just to see who else knows how to tactically break out a can of whoop-a.
people from World Trigger, the story is only going with skill > raw power and strategy >> skill+raw power :)

My pics for 3-D Beings would be A LOT

Batman (No explanation needed), Black Panther (basically Marvel's Batman), Karate Kid (No explanation needed), Lady Shiva (kicks Batman's ass despite being physically weaker), Deathstroke (superior to Batman in every way), Megatron (has millions of years of combat experience and is one of the most skilled warriors amongst cybertronians), Sephiroth (1000 years of experience with solid combative versatility), Mega Man X (200 years of experience, master of martial arts and a ridiculous number of weaponry), Luke Skywalker (Master of every form of sword fighting, reasonably masterful h2h) and Darth Sidious (Same as Luke)

Honestly Goku is leagues below those guys, who are leagues below any omniscient character.

I guess for Higher dimensional I'll go with Megatron tho.

My pick for the smartest Non-Omniscient character in fiction is John Constantine.

He blackmailed God, that's why.

I always thought Kenshiro was the most skilled 3D fighter, even with out his op martial art, he's trained right down to his muscles and subconscious to react to everything as best as he can, every fight he's ever been and won or loss, he learns everything about the way the opponent fights and his moves and style and assimilates it into his own. Purely skill wise he's definitely one of the best in fiction, their isn't a martial art he can't memorize and counter(unless it's specifically tailored to that person only) his skill allows him to hit things with complete accuracy (he can accurately hit a target that smaller than the size of the head of a pin with only a strand of hair, from a small distance) and his fighting style and gifted ability allow him to evolve over every battle. I place him IMO as the best martial artist(for 3D) in fiction. An opponent could master every martial art in the world, but it won't matter because Kenshiro can adapt that opponent way of fighting and counter it completely. As a master of a nearly 2000 year martial art he gains the knowledge learned form those before him and through battle continues to grow.

Edit:He's also incredibly skilled at adapting to his environment and situations and is incredibly intelligent fighter, never underestimates a new opponent and is always on the defensive until he figures out a plan and executes it. Overall a top tier tactican.

I would say Dante. He's a marksman, a swordsman, and a H2H fighter. He can easily master any weapon he encounters (even a Guitar), without any former training.

The Tenno have a mastery of all forms of weaponry, ranging from melee to ranged weapons, and can master the usage of complex biological (Infested) weaponry on the fly, while also being fairly knowledgeable in martial arts.

I appreciate skill over raw power and speed by far, and there are plenty of anime like kenichi and even ippo that are very good about showing technique and skill while still moving the plot along to the point where it's hard to justify that characters like the ones in dbz have super amzing skill compared to them when all we see is speed lines and shockwaves and blurry rapid movements.

Gonna have to go with Kurogane Ikki on skill. He, unlike the rest of his family and 90% or something of the verse, is craptastic with magic, has the most pitiful amount of mana in existence and whose blazer ability that defines him is only a more suicidal form of a standard power every blazer has, which is physical amp.

He trained himself to the point that he can achieve his absolute 100% in a fight, manage to control his body to the point that he can count every hair and hear the heartbeat of a person, disable some aspects of his senses to amplify another (e.g. turning off the ability to see color to increase motion perception to keep up with a guy faster than him) and eliminate his enemy's perception of him as a threat, enabling him to get up close and not be noticed despite being directly in front of said person.

Then there is his honed skill with the blade that he can swap fighting styles on the fly (e.g. his opponent has the speed advantage over him so to bridge said speed, he held his katana near the middle instead of the end, making it shorter in range but also faster in striking speed; or catching an enemy's attack with the handle of his katana when the enemy expected him to dodge), even be able to read the opponent's fighting style down to the way of thought they have in a battle, shown when he predicted every single invisible air slash his opponent littered in the field and just running right through said field without even touching an air slash along the way, and ultimately even copy the fighting style of the opponent to the point that he copied an amateur of a specific sword style and from there recreated the ultimate technique of said style that even the person he copied from did not know.

That's pure hard work and dedication to his craft.

Hm...Fighting skill is a very subjective field. You could said the strongest one would have the most fighting skill, while you could also said the one that ultilize the best of his abilities. You could even said the one that's the most prepared have the most skill too.

If you said the one that ultilize all of their potential though, I got some people: Bobobo, who used his nose-hair hanage to it illogical and wacky limit that defy reality. Touma, who could beat even God with only his hand, wit and pure determination. Yukari, who have master the field that logically could control anything in the world and so on...

I don't know who could be considered to have "the best", but in terms of "really damn good" fighting skill, Kharn the Betrayer comes to mind. He's been fighting almost non-stop for 10,000 years against humans, meta humans, powerful alien armies, and immaterial daemons made of magic and emotion.

He one-shot a several hundred year old, incredibly violent, feared, and advanced Flesh Tearer Space Marine captain with what was basically a pocket knife...after giving the Flesh Tearer the first move.

He no-sold a sneak attack from a Grey Knight Terminator Justicar and punched his face in before the guy could properly react. To put this in perspective, these guys are like ******* super Space Marines who are sent to fight the most vile things the Warp can conjur up, and are so secretive other Chapters hardly ever even see them.

He put one of the most highly trained Space Marines of all time, Azrael of the Dark Angels, on the run because Azrael could only land like...a glancing blow on the World Eater's armour for every dozen or so serious injuries Kharn inflicted on him.

He's pretty damn skilled.

Yamatohime said:
So, basicaly it is all about who can win if everything except skill would be equalized?
Nah, just about characters who are insanely skilled only taking their training and combat tactics into account as opposed to raw power.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Nah, just about characters who are insanely skilled only taking their training and combat tactics into account as opposed to raw power.
Li Shuwen is probably quite skilled. To match heroes from the Age of Gods with his bare hands. Add here is that he is modern hero (which means that his body is much more degraded compared to his enemies).

On the mage side, rin tohsaka is pretty skilled to, as a modern mage who also is lacking in raw materials to work with, kept up with and actually defeated a Caster class servant one on one in a straight fight.

^Speaking of skilled mage. Patchouli Knowledge would be one too, pretty much being a second strongest mage in the tier 6 world of Window Touhou, despite being sick. Marisa is more danmaku-skilled though.

Back