• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Who does this scale to

Yeah... That's a pretty hard question to answer; but I'd assume the mid tier vehicles of the Protoss might. Speaking of which, the Colossus is quite huge, so aside from the Warm Prism's themselves, they're the first thing on my mind that should perhaps scale. But I'll wait for other supporters.

I don't think this scales to anything other than the Protoss themselves, and even then, they've never even used it for anything other than its teleportation properties.

At best, I think it can scale to other Tier 2's (Immortal, Phoenix, Void Ray, etc.) but that's a stretch.

Just because they have only used it for transportation doesn't mean it isn't any less of a feat. If anything it just shows that such a power is negligible to them, and it got relegated to transport. This has some pretty crazy implications. But here are some options for scaling, imo.

No one: This is an isolated incident or outlier. Can't be used at all.

Everyone: Since the Warp Prism is not a combat unit, any unit that does have the ability to fight and deal damage would be superior. Marines joke about how they can shoot it down.

Mid-Tiers: Things like Immortals, Ultralisk, Phoenix, Viking, and more. These are powerhouses and should be able to damage the Warp Prism, which shouldn't be less durable than its AP, since it uses the same energy to defend itself.

High-Tiers+: Doesn't matter to them, since they already have better feats.

Warp Prism only: As the performer of the feat, it gets the power, but it is dubious to scale anything else.

This is how I see it atm. I gave an argument for each of these options, though I don't know which ones are too out there and which are accurate.

Definitely not Everyone (Except it should, LOL, jokes aside). If anyone scales, the Warm Prims would. It's still a form of harnessing energy, it's just the Warp Prism in particular use it for not combatant purposes. However, vehicles and/or ships of comparable size and/or power and/or are built using the same technology, should theoretically be able to harness the same level of energy for combat purposes. So I'm alright with the Mid Tiers scaling.

Alright. I am good with Mid Tiers as well. Also, while we are on the topic of scaling and feats, what could be causing the explosions on Skakuras during Amon's forces' invasion of it? I would assume the Hybrid? But it isn't blue, like their energy...

Amon's forces are red-tinted (except when they aren't) so it may be the stationary Hybrids doing that.

Re: Prism, the result of the calc is the conversion of two Protoss Zealots into energy, and said energy is the result. Not that the Prism uses x energy to convert the Protoss Zealots, where x is the result of the calc.

That said, I'm not sure how much energy would require the conversion, though it is notable that the Prism can hold (in the game, during the reclamation of Aiur) 3 Stalkers whichlooks to be twice the size of a Dark Templar at minimum.

Oh, and that said....

An Archon is two High Templars merged into a being of pure energy, so they should at the very least scale to the Prism.

@Gemmy

Was it holding those Stalkers? It went into its Pylon conduit form and warped them in imo. The pickup and dropoff animations are very quick and look different.

Oh yeah, was just about to mention the Archons, but they're also part of the Mid Tier units, so that sounds like another reason for the Mid Tier Units to scale.

By the way, a couple of us should probably add our names to the Knowledgeable Members list given Antvasima's suggestion and the fact that the StarCraft section's list is empty.

Edit: Speaking of which, I should probably add my name to the verses I have in depth knowledge of at some point.

Assaltwaffle said:
@Gemmy
Was it holding those Stalkers? It went into its Pylon conduit form and warped them in imo. The pickup and dropoff animations are very quick and look different.
Is that not how it drops units? I must be misremembering some things.

I don't have much time so I'll be brief so I'll think about this more later, but it's Island level? I'm very hesitant to scale it to anyone other the Warp Prism, given how much higher the results are than everyone else's (minus the capital ships and heroes ofc), and I'm not even sure it should scale to its own durability, as the fluff had that whole bit about the crystals giving it these abilities are being "beyond space and time"...

@Gemmy Even though the same guy drew it, I'm pretty sure that size chart isn't using the official sizes. This one is using the sizes in the handbook. Also, the scene you linked is indeed showing the Stalkers being warped in, as the Warp Prism drops units off almost instantly and doesn't need to enter pylon mode, like the other transports.

Back