• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Who do you think is stronger between Shanks & Mihawk?

I mean those debates about both of those characters will never stop until both of them show their full power capabilities but i wanna know your opinion om this topic and give reasons on why

Personally i got Mihawk stronger based of multiple statements putting him above Shanks even in the cover with the swordsmans which implies Shanks is a swordsmans and multiple databooks saying he is a Topclass Swordsman while Mihawk stands above all of them in name and reality

it is said that mihawk is the most powerful swordsman in the world, maybe that means he is more powerful than shanks, since shanks is a swordsman too, although it is possibly just a title to not give him the title of younko, because mihawk is not a pirate

it is said that mihawk is the most powerful swordsman in the world, maybe that means he is more powerful than shanks, since shanks is a swordsman too, although it is possibly just a title to not give him the title of younko, because mihawk is not a pirate
Wait what? Warlords are all Pirates

Mihawk based on all the datatbook info:
  • "He reigns supreme as the world's strongest in name and actuality"
  • "For many years he trained relentlessly challenging more and more powerful foes until there was no one left worthy"
  • "When will a challenger appear before Mihawk to end his boredom"
  • "He looks forward to the future, the day when he meets a swordsmaster that surpasses his rival Red-Hair"

Databooks also said Sabo was dead and that Vista seemed to be able fight on par with Mihawk in a duel and even be capable of a display exceeding even that. Shanks wasn’t trying to measure the distance in strength between him and Wb cause he didn’t need to. Also he is 1 cm taller : -)

Databooks also said Sabo was dead and that Vista seemed to be able fight on par with Mihawk in a duel and even be capable of a display exceeding even that. Shanks wasn’t trying to measure the distance in strength between him and Wb cause he didn’t need to. Also he is 1 cm taller : -)
You trynna say Databooks are invalid? Lol Mihawk is stated multiple times the WSS even in the manga and Shanks is a swordsman

The databooks said Sabo was dead since oda isn't going to spoil that he's alive in a databook.

Databook never said that, I know which one you're talking about and it's a bad translation that's been spread around for a while now, it only described their fight in marineford.

Shanks didn't intend to fight Whitebeard until he attempted to attack him, the fact you're bringing up 1cm taller shows your lack of any evidence.

Mihawk's stated stronger keeping coping.

The databooks said Sabo was dead since oda isn't going to spoil that he's alive in a databook.
Just like Oda isn’t going to spoil anything important about Mihawk in a databook, even if it has to straight up lie, see how relevant they are to Oda?

This proves that any theory about Mihawk’s and Shank’s strength can’t be unproven until we get a clear statement. Not all of this running around the bush shit databooks do.

Shanks didn't intend to fight Whitebeard until he attempted to attack him, the fact you're bringing up 1cm taller shows your lack of any evidence.

The cm thing was obviously joke, you acting just like Mihawk’s deadpan ass. Shanks didn’t intend to but still did it he didn’t have to “measure” his strength to his like Mihawk “The world’s most skilled swordsman”. Mihawk fans never understood that actions speak far louder the words.

Lastly, Mihawk’s strength evidence is just like how he acts in the manga, all talk no feats. Let’s wait until he defeats somebody stronger than 5th division commander Vista.

Just like Oda isn’t going to spoil anything important about Mihawk in a databook, even if it has to straight up lie, see how relevant they are to Oda?

This proves that any theory about Mihawk’s and Shank’s strength can’t be unproven until we get a clear statement. Not all of this running around the bush shit databooks do.
Actually upon looking at Sabo's child vivre card it states "Loses his memory and is picked up by the Revolutionary Army." so not sure about this whole Vivre cards are inaccurate or where it even states he's dead.

The databooks are accurate and are referenced by Oda himself in the sbs, in the case that information was changed or intentionally kept hidden they are updated in the new releases of the card and on the One Piece website.

In this case though this information has been out for years and hasn't been changed whatsoever, this information is accurate that Oda himself even references; we would only say that information is inaccurate if it is retconned or changed in either the manga or new cards not before just because you don't like the info present in them.

And in the case of Mihawk's vivre card what exactly is there to even lie about in the first place? The Manga already confirmed him to be the World's Strongest Swordsman, all the vivre cards do is re-establish that fact.
The cm thing was obviously joke, you acting just like Mihawk’s deadpan ass. Shanks didn’t intend to but still did it he didn’t have to “measure” his strength to his like Mihawk “The world’s most skilled swordsman”. Mihawk fans never understood that actions speak far louder the words.
Even as a joke it's still the only thing you brought up in your post that resembles evidence for Shanks. They had different intentions, Shanks came to warn Whitebeard to call off Ace and not pursue Blackbeard (keeping in mind in the Ace novels Shanks and his crew feared angering Whitebeard or confronting him), Mihawk went to the war because he wanted to fight Whitebeard; which before even fighting he states in his opinion the "true distance" (Vague) between him and us (Unknown) is rather small. This statement being chalked up to a powerscaling statement between Mihawk and Whitebeard ignores the actual wording in the statement itself.

Mihawk's strength evidence comes from the words of the author, if you take issue with that then you can argue with Oda.

Databook never said that, I know which one you're talking about and it's a bad translation that's been spread around for a while now, it only described their fight in marineford.

So that Databook statement about Vista's swordsmanship being equal or superior to Mihawk's is just a bad translation? I always thought there was something funny about that.

Mihawk based on all the datatbook info:
  • "He reigns supreme as the world's strongest in name and actuality"
  • "For many years he trained relentlessly challenging more and more powerful foes until there was no one left worthy"
  • "When will a challenger appear before Mihawk to end his boredom"
  • "He looks forward to the future, the day when he meets a swordsmaster that surpasses his rival Red-Hair"

Yeah it just described the fight of them having an equal sword dual with neither sword reaching the other.
unknown.png
unknown.png

1. 剣の実力はミホークと拮抗する程。間違いなく世界でもトップクラスの剣豪である。, which means "his swordsmanship is on par with mihawk's. he is undoubtedly one of the best swordsmen in the world."
    This is a general statement from Vistas vivre card. It does not refer to something like "In this fight" It's just generally talking about his swordsmanship. What do you make of this.

This is a general statement from Vistas vivre card. It does not refer to something like "In this fight" It's just generally talking about his swordsmanship.
This isn't the statement I was talking about if that's what you're claiming, I'm talking about a different databook entirely.
What do you make of this.
That Vista in swordsmanship is as skilled as Mihawk, which is also suggested with a different statement on the vivre card about him being one of the greatest twin sword wielders in the world.

Since you quoted my post about Mihawk's databook statements; I wouldn't take it as Vista being as strong as Mihawk as strength is not mentioned for Mihawk nor would it apply as Mihawk's statements and title are directly in reference to his strength.

This isn't the statement I was talking about if that's what you're claiming, I'm talking about a different databook entirely.

That Vista in swordsmanship is as skilled as Mihawk, which is also suggested with a different statement on the vivre card about him being one of the greatest twin sword wielders in the world.

Since you quoted my post about Mihawk's databook statements; I wouldn't take it as Vista being as strong as Mihawk as strength is not mentioned for Mihawk nor would it apply as Mihawk's statements and title are directly in reference to his strength.
I'm aware they're separate. The one you're referring to is the databook. And Ik that it does not mean Vista's strength is greater. Just that his skill is on par.

Sorry to bother you over this old thread, but I was wondering if this statement about Vista's swordsmanship rivaling Mihawk's just referring to their clash in Marineford like his Databook Blue statement? Or does it mean that even outside that battle he's as skilled as Mihawk?

Sorry to bother you over this old thread, but I was wondering if this statement about Vista's swordsmanship rivaling Mihawk's just referring to their clash in Marineford like his Databook Blue statement? Or does it mean that even outside that battle he's as skilled as Mihawk?
Just like the databook blue statement it is referencing their battle in Marineford as that is the image being shown as reference with these statements (Source)

Back