• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Which Digimon series is the best for a new comer ?

Inspired by this thread

That fight is totaly badass and just make me want to see more of it owo so i wondering which Digimon series is the best for the newcomer ? some people said Original and Data Squad.

Well, what about you guy ? o3o which series have the best story ?

Most people would probably say Adventure or Tamers.

Adventure is by far the most popular series, it's what most people grew up with up with and is still considered the basis as to wha Digimon "should" be. It also has two spin off anime, a spin off manga series, and a few (mostly Japan only) video games.

The series is pretty damn sweet. It has great characters, an interesting story and an awesome soundtrack.What I really love about Adventure is that even though theirs 8 main characters (16 if you count their Digimon), each on gets screentime, I never once felt that one characer was underused or forgotten.

It's not without its flaws, though. The first two arcs (Devimon Arc and Etemon Arc) aren't anything to special, and he English dub can be pretty cheesy and stilted at times. I still love the dub, but the original JP version is much better.

Tamers is much different. Long story short, Tamers was written by a guy who was reallllllly into H.P. Lovecraft and Neon Genesis Evangelion, and boy did it show. Not a lot of people gave Tamers a chance when it first came out, it took place in a different universe than Adventure, and it seemed like a shameless way to market the Digimon TCG. If you can get past that, it's actually a very well written and downright depressing series.

The other series (Adventure 02, Frontier, Data Squad and XROS Wars) are a lot more polarising. Personally, I liked all of them other than Data Squad but I can see why people didn't.

Adventure 02 - A sequal to Advenure with new characters and a lot of plotholes. I really liked the new main character though, and seeing T.K. and Kari grow up and take charge was pretty cool.

Frontier - Just very different, not really bad from what I remember though.

Data Squad - Also very different. I've only seen a few episodes but I recall the main characters not being nearly as likable as before.

XROS Wars - I heard the Japanese version was pretty great, though the dubbed version is apparently made for REALLY young kids.

I kind of wrote this in a rush, I hope it helps.

Alright, thank for your reply ^__^

Just finished first 4 episode of Tri and already love the cast of adventure :D hope to learn more about them in the original series

As an avid Digimon lover I personally started with Frontier, however I highly recommend both Adventure & Tamers to start off with, as both are rather decent, Tamers in particular being really good.

Back