• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Whats your favorite tier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fllflourine

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Your favorite tier:

Tier 11

Tier 10

Tier 9

Tier 8

Tier 7

Tier 6

Tier 5

Tier 4

Tier 3

Tier 2

Tier 1

Tier 0

The poll was created at 01:03 on June 13, 2016, and so far 121 people voted.
Please wait, submitting your vote...

Tier 8 or 6, the most interesting characters are in there, maybe 7 or 5.

Talking about tiers, we should give it a name to tier 9: 10 is Human and 8 is Superhuman, 9 should be called Advanced Human

@Antonio No. Wall Level (9-B) is straight up superhuman and 9-C is for Peak Humans to low superhumans. And I am not sure how 9-A or Small Building could possibly not be superhuman.

Upss, my mistake, tier 10 is called Regular, not Human. @Ryu, all the tier has names, but tier 9 is just called Street, and is kinda boring... Advanced Human sound better, but maybe there is a better name than that

@Antonio I guess you can make a separate thread on it, but personally I think Street is a short and nice sounding name.

I've always been a fan of Town busters myself, no idea why though. I think its because the sense of scale is high without being insane,

I myself have always been partial to Tier 2.

Mainly because it can display the highest stakes without getting confusing thanks to higher-dimensional physics.

I as well really like stories with high stakes. It makes the events feel very significant and that they have meaning. And I prefer investing my time and emotions into a story in which what is happening is really important. Not necessarily some minor little thing that happened and nothing came about it. Because of that I typically like Tier 5 and Tier 3 the most. As those are where the highest stakes of stories are usually most common.

Tier 2 but I still like Tier 1, the stakes become extremely dire by that point, plus I really love seeing space-time shenanigans

I generally like tier 2s, as they are far easier to understand than Tier 1s (Regularly it hurts my head to get into discussion about higher dimensions), and the stakes in tier 2 stories are often high, and it raises a lot of tension and suspense, and it's easy to understand, even for the average layman.

I'm generally fine with lower tiers seeing as one of my most favorite verses cap at Tier 6 atm, and Tier 3 can also be adrenaline filled with high enough stakes that test the protagonists. Preferably, I'd like the story to be rather long, so I can invest my time and emotional connection to the characters.

Of course imo there's tiers far too low for me to enjoy. But overall, I'd say Tier 2, as a goal like saving the Multiverse is hype af.

For me, it's between 2, 4, and 6. 2 is my favorite tier to debate with, 4 has my favorite characters (and I only revere characters tier 4 and up), and for some reason, I just have an affinity to 6. Guess 6 wins.

Andykhang said:
Tier 6 is where most Touhou is, so I pick that. Beside, Tier 0 is sooooo uninteresting.
Yeah, at levels like that your so powerful that no one can beat you at all, save for other 0s

Fllflourine said:
Andykhang said:
Tier 6 is where most Touhou is, so I pick that. Beside, Tier 0 is sooooo uninteresting.
Yeah, at levels like that your so powerful that no one can beat you at all, save for other 0s
They're also the most limited in their own world, so I really don't like the character that lack so much possibility like that.

I prefer lower tier characters with a handful of higher tier hax as I feel that tends to make for the more interesting interactions and battles instead of 'so and so blitzes or one shots physically or is immune to the other characters damage because of base stats'.

Tier 2 because I love the crazy hax and Tier 1 is simply toooooooo much for normal undestanding.

I love tier 2-A and tier 2-C. Tier 2-B is always the oddball imo since a lot of franchises have characters destroy an infinite amount of multiverses instead of that specific number.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I love tier 2-A and tier 2-C. Tier 2-B is always the oddball imo since a lot of franchises have characters destroy an infinite amount of multiverses instead of that specific number.
Yeah theres not a lot of franchises where characters destroy/create 1001-10^500 universes, usually I see characters getting that ranking because of "All universes", "The entire Multiverse", hurting 2-A beings that arean't infinite in 4D power, etc.

Fllflourine said:
whats so fun about omnipotents? just wondering
Tier 0's are the most powerfull, When I first knew about the Tiering System I looked at the highest Tier which was 0, and I decided to look at Tier 0 characters and I just got interested.

Tier 0 is boring. It's an abstract level of power so high that you can't measure them against each other and there's a lack of any tension or personality. If there was only one they would be able to casually completely overwrite every thing everywhere in every fictional verse, but there's more than one so they just form these overarching fiefdoms around their own multiverses.

They are basically just 'author' level. There's nothing interesting about such characters aside from what stories they write, and even that ism't interesting in the context of this wiki other than as a side note like 'yeah this is the tier 0 who made the xyz multiverse, isn't that neat'.

A Sword Dancer said:
Tier 0 is boring. It's an abstract level of power so high that you can't measure them against each other and there's a lack of any tension or personality. If there was only one they would be able to casually completely overwrite every thing everywhere in every fictional verse, but there's more than one so they just form these overarching fiefdoms around their own multiverses.
They are basically just 'author' level. There's nothing interesting about such characters aside from what stories they write, and even that ism't interesting in the context of this wiki other than as a side note like 'yeah this is the tier 0 who made the xyz multiverse, isn't that neat'.
Hey that's my opinion. I also like Tier 6.

Tier 2 is my favorite since there a lot of space-time discussion and "parallel worlds". I also really, REALLY like the "Many worlds intrepretation", even though it may not be real. Besides, MWI can offer a great story if used wisely, be it overrated or not.

Though Tier 9s for me are also great. Like, they are obviously superhuman but they don't go past absurd by destroying entire buildings in a flick of their wrist. But hey, as long as the story is great and the characters are well-written, any Tier is fine. It's just that I love Tier 2 the most due to space-time and multiverse shenanigans, while second place would be Tier 9 for reasons I already stated.

CrossverseCrisis said:
Man really?~ Is Tier 2 really THAT popular?~ Come on~
Sorry, I just love Space-time shenanigans and the idea of other identical, yet different universes that infinitely branch out.

I dunno if this'll cheer ya up, but I like Tier 9 too. Vast difference from Tier 2, eh? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back