• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What's the purpose of Lifting Strength?

Warren_Valion

VS Battles
Retired
As the title suggest, what is the purpose of lifting strength in a fight? Isn't striking strength all that really matter?

And yeah, you can say someone chucks something at someone else, but would that even work? Has anyone won a fight because of their lifting strength?

I don't know, just seems kinda pointless to me.

Welp, in a only energy system as ours, is kinda useless most of the time; maybe when some characters when are dealing with heavy opponents, or when some characters are weaks against high weights. This units would work better in a DB system alike, is much more vary.

We're a character indexing site first, a versus board second. While it may be useless in most battles, it's still useful to index.

Although theoretically, in a test of strength, wouldn't someone with a vastly higher lifting strength overpower his opponent? I'm not sure how that works but I feel like someone who can lift a planet would be able to overpower someone who can only lift a building, even if they were equal in tier.

If a fighter uses gravity manipulation or attaches weights to opponents to slow them down, or traps them under heavy objects as a pseudo-sealing method it can be useful. Also, grapplers tend to rely more on lifting strength than striking strength when they fight, though we don't really take that into account.

I feel like a guy with Planet-level lifting strength can kinda shatter the bones of a guy in the same tier by pulling on them slightly.

Darkanine said:
Although theoretically, in a test of strength, wouldn't someone with a vastly higher lifting strength overpower his opponent? I'm not sure how that works but I feel like someone who can lift a planet would be able to overpower someone who can only lift a building, even if they were equal in tier.
Lifting strength is basically the force exerted from a standstill, while striking strength is the force exerted from an impact, so if it got to the point where they locked hands and tried to push each other to the ground, or put one another into a lock or hold, lifting strength would reign supreme.

A good example of the inverse of this was in a filler episode of Naruto where Tsunade and the fourth raikage armwrestle. Their lifting strength is evenly matched so neither can win the arm wrestling, but the raikage pulls back a little and slams his hand into hers to win with his striking strength.

Darkanine said:
We're a character indexing site first, a versus board second. While it may be useless in most battles, it's still useful to index.
I agree with this.

Back