• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What Would Your Persona Be?

DarkGrath

Top Tiering Advisor in Liyue
She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
I've been thinking for a while about this idea, but I didn't think to post it as a question for anyone else until now, though it'd surely be interesting to see!

For clarity, I'm referring to Personas from the Persona series. Personas will always take the form of someone along the lines of:

1: A Mythological being

2: A Historical figure, or

3: Very rarely, a more contemporary fictional figure (such as Arsene Lupin)

What exactly causes the form of a Persona is a bit vague and changes from instalment to instalment (such as in Persona 5, where it was representative of their "spirit of rebellion" so to say), but generally it has a lot to do with who they are as a person.

So basically, who do you think would well represent you in the form of a Persona? I've personally thought Confucius, the Ancient Chinese Philosopher, would be mine. I'm very curious what you would say about yourself though. :D

I'm nowhere near self-aware enough to know my Shadow much less my Persona. Although if we take Persona by its actual meaning, I'd say Heracles, or at least Theseus.

That's an interesting choice!

The thing about this is that our Shadow is something we could never admit about ourselves, even to ourselves. No matter how self aware we are, we'd never be able to know what our shadow would be because we cannot admit that part of ourselves even exists unless we are forced to face it. The instant we can admit to something, even if it's just to ourselves, it's not part of our shadow. That shadow self is the part of yourself that you will never admit to.

However, Persona's don't need to be unlocked via shadows, even though that's my favorite method. You don't need to be self aware to unlock a persona, you just need the "potential" or the "spirit of rebellion". Or be the protagonist and have your powers forced onto you by circumstance lol...except for P5. There's no real reason for Ren to have the wild card and access to the velvet room since the way he gains his persona is pretty par for the course across the game.

Lore nerd out aside, I've been partial to the Death Arcana (change), and whatever my persona happens to be would probably fall under that.

Maybe... Fiore dei Liberi? I'm intrested in HEMA, so that could work. Or maybe... Eratosthenes, since I'm trying to get a degree in astronomy, and his work helped to change our understanding of the world?

Interesting picks, KnightOfSunlight!

Correction. All Personas are unlocked via Shadows, just not always by confronting and accepting them, because they're literally the same thing. The Shadow Self just has to be made willing to work with the user, and it'll turn into a Persona.

In P3, the Shadow Selves likely worked with their users out of survival instinct. After all, if the user dies, the Shadow dies too.

In P5, it's clear that the Shadow Selves already want to work with their users, but were suppressed because of societal expectations. This is why, the moment the Thieves decided to let loose, they awaken to their Personas.

I brainstormed for a bit and thought of a better persona for me: Archimedes, a powerful fire-based persona that revloves around knowledge of the enemy.

Main gimmick would be reflects, breaks, powerful fire moves, and a single, powerful, unique defense move, Katoptron Mirror, which takes any elemental attack that it is not weak to, absorbs and stores it for a turn, and then releases it as an Almighty attack that does six times the original damage.

Weak to Ice and Psych, Absorbs Fire and Nuke.

Honestly, trying to guess my Persona just end up being an infinite game of self-doubt for me, since the more you're trying to guess your fault, the more you became unsure whether it's all of them. The god of the gap just keep getting more numerous, the more you tried to filled in, and you either face paranoia or disappointment at the end...

That's fair, I'd say just take the first thing that comes do mind and run with it, like I did with my doubt about my academic ability and turned it into both a person and ability/thing I admire.

I personally think my would be Osiris, ironically one of those "What's your Arcana" quizzes had me as Death, Emperor and Fool

I feel like mine would be Quetzalcoatl due to being a symbol of learning, compassion, and cycles, which all are things my life has revolved around. I took the arcana test and got Hermit, Fool, and Death so that also fits.

Back