• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What would this qualify as?

Rakih_Elyan

He/Him
Before I could begin my experiments, I had to take apart my ki path. Following the instructions Bihena had left previously, I grabbed a little bit of my ki at a time, slowly making it stop at my heart with each passing cycle. Doing it this way took roughly ten or so minutes, and then I was done. Honestly, I think that I may have rushed it a bit, for two main reasons. One was the slight chest pain I was feeling after I was done

The other was the fact that my health began slowly ticking down whenever I grabbed a slightly larger cluster of ki… Thankfully, it only lasted for a brief moment, but even that had caused enough ticks of damage to remove half my health. Anyways, now I can get on with it.

For my first test of elemental ki, I decided to go with one of the most basic ki techniques I knew… walking. Normally, channeling ki into my feet would cause a literal explosive burst of speed, propelling me through the air for a distance dependant on the amount of energy I used. Logically, I did not expect this to be much different.

However, once the energy was channeled to my feet and I took a single step, my entire perception of the world changed… As if everything I knew was turned upside down.

Mostly because I fell back and hit my head on the ground. The moment my foot touched the ground, it began sliding forward as if I was walking on ice, causing me to lose my balance. I felt my brows knit together as I worked my way back to my feet. This time, I channeled ki into both of my feet, that way I wouldn’t lose my balance so easily as I had before.

And indeed, I began sliding forward as soon as I made the slightest movement. It truly felt as if I was skating on ice, my speed increasing or decreasing with the amount of movement and the amount of ki I put into it.
My only concern was that my initial direction had been facing the forest, which at the time was the largest straight shot available to me. Now, however, those trees were looking awfully close.

My second discovery about moving with elemental ki, or at least what I assumed was water element ki, was that directions could change far too easily. The moment I tried to adjust my legs to turn slightly and avoid one tree, my body rapidly changed directions, my movement instead propelling me into another tree that I should have passed right by. A moment later, I was once again seeing stars as I looked up to the morning sky.

Note to self, water ki requires very fine control when moving. I was suddenly very glad that I would be able to go to the Admin Room soon, where pain was practically nonexistent. The only test I had left to make was the ki punch, another basic technique for monks. If I could understand the changes to these two techniques, I might be able to use that to understand the overall change of water ki. Before I could get on with that, though, a window appeared in front of me.
-World Keeper Chapter 65

I nodded my head slightly in response. “I managed to convert my ki to elemental ki. Though, I have to ask, is it possible for me to still use normal ki in the future? There might be times that I want to make people believe I don’t have it converted.”

She thought for a moment, and nodded with a wider smile. “You can set it any time you create a body now. Your base element will vary with each body though, as it is different with every person. The important thing was that you were able to first feel how the enhanced ki felt. Otherwise, you wouldn’t know what changes you needed to make to your mortal body to allow it.”

That did reassure me slightly, though it also raised another question. “My base element? Does that mean I could use more than one?”

She chuckled slightly at that. “Did you forget, Dale? You are able to use every power that exists in your world. It’s the perk of being a Keeper. If you use the Keeper ki, you can choose which element you want to use, as long as it is one that someone in your world is currently able to use as well.

That’s right… I had forgotten that basic fact, given that I still needed to train to use most of the techniques of the world. Although I could use the energies themselves in the same way, it took skill to use them properly. “I see. By the way, I wanted to ask, are you able to tell me what water ki does for its ki punch? I tried it earlier, but I didn’t see any results.”

Terra frowned for a moment, closing her eyes and focusing. “Hmm, you punched a tree with it. With water ki, larger targets will show a reduced effect. It invades the target, spreading out through them. Typically, it tries to cover the skin of the target, and when it’s done it will attack inward from all directions. Kind of like a submarine that goes too deep in the ocean, it gets crushed under the pressure of the water.
-World Keeper Chapter 66

Back