• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What would ripping space and time like it's paper count for? (SPOILERS)

Could be, though this wouldn't make them Low 1-C by default.

As higher-dimensional physiology doesn't immediately grant a tier, just some abilities.

Could be, though this wouldn't make them Low 1-C by default.

As higher-dimensional physiology doesn't immediately grant a tier, just some abilities.
Spatial Manipulation or Space & Time Manipulation seems fine for this.

But for 5D I don't agree, because it needs further explanation.
I see. Makes sense, given it is mostly presented as an ability on the website.

For further context (which is shown later in the video when The Explorer is running from this Collage Monster), we find out at the end they're a 'being of pure chaos' who 'enforces entropy.' Explorer in "", and the Collage Monster in '':

"Destroying this planet... What do you have to gain?"
'I have nothing to gain.'
'I am a being of pure chaos. I enforce entropy. It's what I do.'
'I can't help it. Everything I touch is returned to a state of disarray... to perfect randomness.'
"But why? Why can't you just leave this planet alone?"
'Take it from me, mortal: Not everything needs a reason why.'
'I do what must be done. I have no motives.'
'You can't convince me to stop. Either move out of my way, or accept your fate.'

From it, as I said we find out they are both chaos entity, and they literally enforce the entropy, or de-coherence/disorder of energy in the universe. We can also glean they're immortal (what type, I'm not sure) by them referring to The Explorer as a mortal.

With that considered as well, it seemed to me that their higher-dimensional existence is largely in service of their 'job' for enforcing entropy and returning things to disarray, or perfect randomness, besides the fact they could evidently rip three dimensional space like paper, and additionally cause temporal rifts with such rips.

From it, as I said we find out they are both chaos entity, and they literally enforce the entropy, or de-coherence/disorder of energy in the universe. We can also glean they're immortal (what type, I'm not sure) by them referring to The Explorer as a mortal.
Universe Level Attacks Potency seems fine. I'm still skeptical about his 5-D, even if he could do that it wouldn't make him considered a 5-D creature, it's only space-time manipulation from ripping 3-D Space. Space-Time Manipulation, Chaos Manipulation and Universe Level Attacks Potency seems fine, and yeah still disagree for 5-D.

I don't know if it would be 3-A AP, since it seems to be a gradual process of entropy, not instantly.
"The attack potency depends on the energy output of a single attack, not the area of effect of the attack."

Also, if it was all energy instantly...would this be 3-A or 3-B? As the mass-energy of our observable universe only reaches 3-B (and quite low into it too):
With a mass of 1.5e+53 kg, the mass-energy of the universe would be around 1.348e+70 joules. And this is the amount of energy which COULD be converted as it is the total amount of energy available in the system which can be disordered.

Which is only like 15.687x baseline 3-B.

Universe Level Attacks Potency seems fine. I'm still skeptical about his 5-D, even if he could do that it wouldn't make him considered a 5-D creature, it's only space-time manipulation from ripping 3-D Space. Space-Time Manipulation, Chaos Manipulation and Universe Level Attacks Potency seems fine, and yeah still disagree for 5-D.
I understand the skepticism for them being 5D. There's unfortunately a lot of (intentional) ambiguity by the point in the game of the preceding level, the level the monster is in, and the following level as well as ending 'level'. Would be nice if they stated more stuff, or more stuff was less vague, but as is, Space-Time Manipulation and Chaos Manipulation sound like the closest they may get with this feat.
I don't know if it would be 3-A AP, since it seems to be a gradual process of entropy, not instantly.
"The attack potency depends on the energy output of a single attack, not the area of effect of the attack."

Also, if it was all energy instantly...would this be 3-A or 3-B? As the mass-energy of our observable universe only reaches 3-B (and quite low into it too):
With a mass of 1.5e+53 kg, the mass-energy of the universe would be around 1.348e+70 joules. And this is the amount of energy which COULD be converted as it is the total amount of energy available in the system which can be disordered.

Which is only like 15.687x baseline 3-B.
Also yeah, while it'd be cool if they were Uni, but they definitely do their work over space and time. If not, they wouldn't be enforcing entropy. The universe would have just been entropy.

Thank you for providing math on this, and an informed opinion on tiering though! I'll admit, I'm a bit confused on how to read this. Would this be considered the amount they would be capable of given their casual Space-Time and Chaos manipulation, or is this just on the general energy required for disordering our observable universe? I will say, I do think the monster likely does warrant much more than 5-B, as though the space-time rips they cause seen in puzzles are local, the space-time rips in the sky are absolutely not. That's probably why I'm a bit confused: Were you calculating the energy for affecting the observable universe broadly, or them being able to affect what seems like a rip to the edge of the perceivable universe?

I understand the skepticism for them being 5D. There's unfortunately a lot of (intentional) ambiguity by the point in the game of the preceding level, the level the monster is in, and the following level as well as ending 'level'. Would be nice if they stated more stuff, or more stuff was less vague, but as is, Space-Time Manipulation and Chaos Manipulation sound like the closest they may get with this feat.

Also yeah, while it'd be cool if they were Uni, but they definitely do their work over space and time. If not, they wouldn't be enforcing entropy. The universe would have just been entropy.

Thank you for providing math on this, and an informed opinion on tiering though! I'll admit, I'm a bit confused on how to read this. Would this be considered the amount they would be capable of given their casual Space-Time and Chaos manipulation, or is this just on the general energy required for disordering our observable universe? I will say, I do think the monster likely does warrant much more than 5-B, as though the space-time rips they cause seen in puzzles are local, the space-time rips in the sky are absolutely not. That's probably why I'm a bit confused: Were you calculating the energy for affecting the observable universe broadly, or them being able to affect what seems like a rip to the edge of the perceivable universe?
I was calculating the amount of energy they could enforce entropy upon, as that is the total amount of mass-energy in the universe.
As in, there is only that much available energy to manipulate to begin with.

Also the total amount of energy is a bit higher, as matter only makes up around 31% of the universe's total energy.
So the total amount of energy in the universe would be closer to 4.349e+70 joules.

The rest would come from things like electromagnetism, gravitational energy, dark matter, and dark energy, etc.

Last edited:
I was calculating the amount of energy they could enforce entropy upon, as that is the total amount of mass-energy in the universe.
As in, there is only that much available energy to manipulate to begin with.
Ah, ok. So not like an actual thing for the character, but an educated estimate on the potential high end.

Now I'm curious: How would one calculate a rip in space and time that's in the sky/space? Assuming you could even get AP from this kind of thing. I'd do the math for it if it is possible and/or has a method, you don't have to worry about doing a calculation like a request. I still appreciate the math you did already!

Ah, ok. So not like an actual thing for the character, but an educated estimate on the potential high end.

Now I'm curious: How would one calculate a rip in space and time that's in the sky/space? Assuming you could even get AP from this kind of thing. I'd do the math for it if it is possible and/or has a method, you don't have to worry about doing a calculation like a request. I still appreciate the math you did already!
You can't get AP from ripping spacetime open. It's incalculable.
(A bit off topic, but I still do not like the minimum end of 3-A as the gap is so damn large from 3-B. I honestly like using the total amount of energy in our universe for a baseline as that would literally be equal to the universe's total energy)

Back