• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Space-Time Manipulation via Speed

Say a character is able to manipulate space-time simply by moving fast (no hax at play, this is explicitly a byproduct of their speed). The spatial hax in question are effectively causing the world to loop around itself, like two mirrors facing each other. Would this be some degree of immeasurable (which I doubt), or simply unquantifiable?

My guess is that doing absurd illogical things with pure strength/speed is still a hax or ability.

I don't understand how that counts as a speed feat. It seems more like an ability.

In these cases, I think that consistency of the ability in its verse should be the determining factor. Is it characterized as something that can only be reacted with similar speed? Or is it an ability fought with other hax to make up for a gap in speed that can't be measured. Things like that or the ability having other showings that require impossible swiftness to achieve. They could help draw a better picture about what it is and how to best index it.

In these cases, I think that consistency of the ability in its verse should be the determining factor. Is it characterized as something that can only be reacted with similar speed? Or is it an ability fought with other hax to make up for a gap in speed that can't be measured. Things like that or the ability having other showings that require impossible swiftness to achieve. They could help draw a better picture about what it is and how to best index it.
It's definitely accomplished via speed, but the problem is that nobody has actually reacted to it. It's more of a statement of what they can do, rather than something that anybody has ever fought against.

It's definitely accomplished via speed, but the problem is that nobody has actually reacted to it. It's more of a statement of what they can do, rather than something that anybody has ever fought against.
Then it's probably good supporting evidence for a hax or rating, but don't think it'll be conclusive enough evidence for immeasurable on its own. Feels more like one of those cumulative pieces of evidence than a single-shot game changer. Probably best listed as hax.

Back