• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What Would Being Dimensionless Grant?

If a character is unbound from dimensions on a conceptual level, what would this grant? Could it be used for tiering, or just something like BDE?

The answer is no. Touhou does not remotely qualify for 1-A or any Tier 1 stuff.

Nevermind that "unbound by dimensions" by itself means nothing. You'll only be unbound by the dimensions shown in the verse. And "unbound by" doesn't mean "entirely transcend and is infinitely greater than". At best it'd be BDE but it's not an entirely useful version here.

Nevermind that "unbound by dimensions" by itself means nothing. You'll only be unbound by the dimensions shown in the verse. And "unbound by" doesn't mean "entirely transcend and is infinitely greater than". At best it'd be BDE but it's not an entirely useful version here.
I uh

Never mentioned Touhou

Might wanna fix whatever form of brainrot you've got going on, this is honestly a little pathetic.

If you mean they are unbound by the verse's conventional dimensions, then that seems like some form of Beyond-Dimensional Existence, yes.

If you mean they literally possess zero dimensions, then that's actual Zero-Dimensionality. Which is a thing. Somehow.

If you mean they are unbound by the verse's conventional dimensions, then that seems like some form of Beyond-Dimensional Existence, yes.

If you mean they literally possess zero dimensions, then that's actual Zero-Dimensionality. Which is a thing. Somehow.
Which type of BDE would it be? Is this something that'd also be evidence of something like transduality or acausality (besides type 1, I mean)?

I also didn't know zero-dimensionality was a thing, literally 4 users on the entire wiki lmao

Which type of BDE would it be? Is this something that'd also be evidence of something like transduality or acausality (besides type 1, I mean)?
In terms of type, it'd probably be Type 1.

A quick glance at the BDE page tells me that to qualify for Type 2 the character would need to explicitly be beyond and "surpass" the boundaries of their verse's dimensions, not simply being outside of the normal spatiotemporal boundaries, which is what qualifies for Type 1.

So unless you have scans or anything that elaborates on the transcendence/unboundness(I know it's not a word) of the character your talking about, it'd probably just be cookie cutter Type 1 BDE.

And no for Transdual and Acausal bullshit you'd need to elaborate on how the character really interacts with and is unbound by their "dimensions". You can't get anything else really without further elaboration on the relationship between the character and dimensions.

I hope my answer helped.

Yeah, this helped a lot, thanks. Though the acausality stuff confuses me since it specifies BDE type 1 grants acausality type 1, shouldn't it be type 4?

Girl idfk lmao, the page doesn't even elaborate on how being outside of time grants Acausality Type 1 and just says it does, so I feel as though the BDE page needs some revisions tbh.

Monarch of Pointland is an actual zero-dimensional point.

Being simply unbound by dimensions doesn't mean you have actual 0 dimensions, that'd need to be specified in-verse lol.
I mean zero is like nothing. I don't recall dimensionless =0.0000001 dimensions

Well. If op is indeed gunning for 1A, and wants to skip the infinite dimensions fluff, this might help. This is from Ultima yesterday

Being above dimensional space on its own is generally not really enough, just like being "beyond space-time" (Even in the superiority sense) isn't, since statements of that sort can just as well refer to the dimensions existing in the cosmology. Getting 1-A from that sort of statement would be feasible if being "beyond dimensions" was treated as something fundamentally above higher-dimensionality in general, though, and thus above the difference between n dimensions and n+1 dimensions.
So there's that

If a character is unbound from dimensions on a conceptual level, what would this grant? Could it be used for tiering, or just something like BDE?
BDE 1. Superiority over dimensions in the verse is type 2.

More context is needed and a lot of evidence to qualify for 1A

Also guys I already answered the questions you don't have to keep responding. 😭
In terms of type, it'd probably be Type 1.

A quick glance at the BDE page tells me that to qualify for Type 2 the character would need to explicitly be beyond and "surpass" the boundaries of their verse's dimensions, not simply being outside of the normal spatiotemporal boundaries, which is what qualifies for Type 1.

So unless you have scans or anything that elaborates on the transcendence/unboundness(I know it's not a word) of the character your talking about, it'd probably just be cookie cutter Type 1 BDE.

And no for Transdual and Acausal bullshit you'd need to elaborate on how the character really interacts with and is unbound by their "dimensions". You can't get anything else really without further elaboration on the relationship between the character and dimensions.

I hope my answer helped.

I uh

Never mentioned Touhou

Might wanna fix whatever form of brainrot you've got going on, this is honestly a little pathetic.
I was just checking the report queue, and this does come off as quite rude. Please do not make commentary joke or not about brain damage.

Thank you.

I was just checking the report queue, and this does come off as quite rude. Please do not make commentary joke or not about brain damage.

Thank you.
Yeah well

I don't particularly appreciate being unable to ask questions for the sake of curiosity without people going "wank?? you're wanking Touhou?? is this for Touhou?? you know this won't upgrade Touhou, right??". I know I've made one verse the cornerstone of my contributions here but it's ******* obnoxious how I'm apparently unable to do anything beyond that.

Yeah well

I don't particularly appreciate being unable to ask questions for the sake of curiosity without people going "wank?? you're wanking Touhou?? is this for Touhou?? you know this won't upgrade Touhou, right??". I know I've made one verse the cornerstone of my contributions here but it's ******* obnoxious how I'm apparently unable to do anything beyond that.
TW: Discussion of ableism and brain injury
While I do think Saikou jumped the gun on assuming you are trying to upgrade Touhou when you could be just asking for general clarifications (or trying to upgrade a completely different verse), your comment concerning brain damage did come off as ableism and probably shouldn't be spoken for the sake of disabled people and/or those who suffered actual brain injury.

Anyway, from the looks of things it seems to just be plain BDE Type 2 as you said they are unbound from dimensions on a conceptual level so it cannot be Zero-Dimensionality. Also yes, they likely would have Acausality Type 1 and/or 4 depending on context.

Last edited:
Should probably also clarify that brainrot isn't something I correlate with actual, genuine brain damage or mental illness. I've always used it to refer to something all-consuming, like me having Touhou brainrot. Apologies if it came off as insulting mental illness, when that was never my intent. I just think Saikou's focus on looking for Touhou wank where there isn't any is a little absurd and kinda ******* obnoxious.

Back