• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What type of Powers and Abilities would these Feats be? [2]

ZackMoon1234

VS Battles
Image Helper
Done
1 - Disguise - Can change his existence by using Disguise to turn into a Spirit [1]​
Lee Shin Woo matched his mana with hers. He could easily make his mana resemble hers, as he used the Mana Bone, Mana Acceleration, and even the Disguise skill. In the process, Lee Shin Woo's body shook like leaves blowing in the spring breeze, and became very slightly translucent. "Oh, so a spirit's mana has this kind of effect." [Paul Zero, how closely did you copy me...?] Sinea was speechless at the sight. Lee Shin Woo hadn't just nonchalantly copied a spirit's mana, but he had made his body like a spirit's! It was no longer on the level of changing one's mana; he was changing his very existence. Where the hell would you find a level 7 like this? Even a level 8, or a level 9 Archmage wouldn't be able to enact this miracle! [You have indirectly gained the power of a Dryad, and have been approved by the world. You have acquired the High Rank Earth Element Lv1. You have acquired High Rank Earth Resistance Lv3.]
2 - Disguise - Can change his existence by using Disguise to turn into a Spirit [2]​
[I don't follow human conventions. I just didn't know how to deal with someone as powerful as you. A spirit follows you around, despite not being formally contracted to you, and you can even assume a spirit's form.]

3 - Disguise - Can disguise other people's Mana [1]​
In addition, he'd become adept at disguising other's mana, so he should be able to bring Jin along with him no problem.
4 - Disguise - Can disguise other people's Mana [2]​
He was limited to disguising Jin's mana to resemble a spirit's.

5 - Rule of Bone - Can feel the emotions of bones​
The magic reaction that arose from the collision between the dark flames they shot out and the dark flames around their armor... All those feelings were relayed to Lee Shin Woo. It was only natural, as it involved the bones he was controlling. In an instant, his understanding of the dark flame skyrocketed. Lee Shin Woo explained the situation to Jin and organized his thoughts; meanwhile the bugs continued to fight desperately. His analysis of the dark flame continued to increase.
6 - Rule of Bone - Can feel the movements of bones [1]​
Of course, it was likely due to his Combat Sense, as well as his connection with Jin, which amplified his reflexes, but that definitely wasn't everything. It felt like he could naturally perceive the thorns with something else before his senses picked them up. Yeah, as if he could see the right course of action beforehand...
7 - Rule of Bone - Can feel the movements of bones [2]​
Lee Shin Woo obviously noticed the Beast General's skill activation before Retadane. Since he possessed the Rule of Bone skill and was a Breathing Bone Joker, he was more sensitive to anything regarding bones and could react more quickly than anyone else. 'There are exactly 17 thorns coming for me. Their sizes vary, but they're at least 5 meters. They're connected through darkness magic and they simultaneously bind their target and inflict persistent damage. It's a malicious, but also effective attack. I can see it all. I can see it as if it's only natural...' But it was different now. He instinctively knew how these bones, which were created by the Beast General, looked, their structure, and even how they would move. Lee Shin Woo knew now how he was so easily able to avoid the Beast General's attacks earlier. It was obvious, wasn't it? He could understand the Beast General's bones as well as his own!
8 - Rule of Bone - Can feel the movements of bones [3]​
However, that wasn't all. The moment he'd created the Garden of Thorns, Lee Shin Woo felt a new possibility. The giant bone thorns had certainly originated from the Beast General, yet he felt like he could control them himself. Rule of Bone was originally a skill that allowed him to control his own bones and reinforce them. It made him even stronger than before and allowed him to freely use the equipment summoned through the Bone Armory skill. 'There are exactly 17 thorns coming for me. Their sizes vary, but they're at least 5 meters. They're connected through darkness magic and they simultaneously bind their target and inflict persistent damage. It's a malicious, but also effective attack. I can see it all. I can see it as if it's only natural...' Since that was possible, then it should be possible for him to steal control over them. A hunch and being deluded were two different things. But he was sure.

9 - Serpent's Whirlwind - Absorbs an element and shoots out the opposite element with even greater strength [1]​
[Passive skill: Serpent's Whirlwind - Absorbs an element and shoots out the opposite element with even greater strength.]
10 - Serpent's Whirlwind - Absorbs an element and shoots out the opposite element with even greater strength [2]​
He raised the staff, sucked in the freezing breath, and spewed out fire!
11 - Serpent's Whirlwind - Absorbs an element and shoots out the opposite element with even greater strength [3]​
At that moment it shot out an even more powerful frost breath. Lee Shin Woo hurriedly turned his staff, absorbed the cold air, and grumbled as he shot out fire.

12 - Titan's Fury - If you successfully defend against your opponent's attack, then you can return a portion of that damage onto your opponent​
[Passive skill: Titan's Fury - If you successfully defend against your opponent's attack, then you can return a portion of that damage onto your opponent.]

13 - Can resist a roar that could flinch and stiffen Heroes weaker than the roarer​
Befitting his name, the Beast General's lion roar was wild and bloodthirsty. So much so that the heroes whose stats were lower than his flinched and stiffened. Not only had Lee Shin Woo experienced screams before and had gotten used to them, but he was also the 'authority' on the subject, so much so that he could write a one hundred page thesis on screams. Thus, Lee Shin Woo was able to shrug off the scream.
14 - Can resist a roar that could weaken the living​
Its cry released a magic resembling death. It spread throughout the entire area, and simultaneously strengthened the undead and weakened the living. Unfortunately, Lee Shin Woo wasn't living, so it hadn't affected him at all!
15 - Can resist the combination of all the memories of the Spirits in the Spirit's Spring without batting an eye​
All the spirits raised their lifeless eyes and stared at Lee Shin Woo. Although he hadn't gotten any more details, he could feel the images of that day rushing through his head. They were probably memories of all the spirits living in the Spirits' Spring. 'A normal person would probably faint from these memories.' That day, the spirits and Elementalists had lost their lives to both magic and the sword. There were those who had been banished underground, as well as those who attempted to escape the surface. There were spirits who lost their contractors and retreated to the Spirits' Spring, as well as spirits who attempted to escape underground while protecting their contractors. The events of that day occurred hundreds of years ago, yet the surviving spirits remembered it clearly, as though it were just yesterday. This was their eternal punishment for surviving while their contractors had not. "I looked through all the memories you've all shown me. They were so clear that it felt like it happened only yesterday. But... do you think the humans who tried to eliminate you remember you? Would you even be able to recognize those they so cruelly trampled upon, be they spirits or their contractors? What do you think?"
16 - Can resist the combination of almost all of the attacks of the Spirits in the Spirit's Spring​
The wall crumbled instantly, and the concentrated spell, comprised of various elements, annihilated Lee Shin Woo and his party... or so it seemed. [He's absorbing our magic.] Lee Shin Woo stepped forward so that his party would remain unharmed, and drew all the spirits' magic to himself. First, he activated all of the elemental resistances he'd trained thus far; he could block the majority of the damage with his resistances. Then, he used his level 8 Absorption skill to take care of the rest. Since Zenon was level 7, despite being weakened, Lee Shin Woo hadn't been able to fully absorb his attack and was forced to use his greatsword to defend himself. But even after receiving thousands of attacks from the spirits, Lee Shin Woo's body... No, even his armor wasn't damaged in the least. Even if they kept attacking him, the result would be the same. He was the worst opponent they could've faced.

1 and 2 are Shapeshifting and Power Mimicry

3 and 4 seem to be Magic, maybe they could be considered power bestowal of limited Stealth Mastery and resistance to Information Manipulation

5 is unconventional Telepathy

6-8 are Precognition, Extrasensory Perception, and Bone Manipulation

9-11 are Attack Reflection/attack Absorption and Statistics Amplification

12 is Attack Reflection

13 is Resistance to Fear Manipulation, Status Effect Inducement, and status reduction through Sound Manipulation

14 is just a weakness of the ability.

15 is limited resistance to Information Manipulation but make sure it's clear that it's only to an overload of information.

16 is Magic/Elemental Manipulation Absorption and Resistance if you know any specifics of the attack beyond that then list the types of elements or attacks that would be included.

Agree with Blah on the first one. Second one would be best left as simply "can mask the mana signature of others". Won't fall into magic without some quote associating it to magic, less so stealth since its not related to himself. Is there any comment anywhere about how masking one mana's may be done?

Remind me what are bones in this context? Magical items that are absorbed for powers or to increase cultivation maybe? If not, the 4 about bones are just Limited Telepathy and Extrasensory Perception. plus Bone Manipulation.

9 to 11 Are Absorption, Elemental Manipulation and Attack Reflection. Not Stat Amp because he's not amping himself.

12 Attack reflection, yes.

13 Isn't resistance, as he's just used to screams. The fear or the paralysis are not because the roar has any ability, they are just scared. And if he doesn't feel the fear in the first place, he's not resisting it. No reduction as well, the text is just saying that all heroes with lower stats to his flinched and stiffened, not that their stats got lowered.

14 Is just a weakness of the technique, yes.

15 If I remember, resisting that much information going into your mind and not affecting you is Mindhax resistance. Confirm with a mod preferably.

16 is just Absorption, since the technique itself is also called Absorption, and also resistance to all the elements used in there if he has the resistances to take most of the attack. If at any point the specific elements are mentioned or what elementals were in there, that'd be the best way to make sure who is he resisting.

For 3 and 4 I said bestowal of limited stealth mastery, not that it is stealth mastery.

6-8 are also limited precognition, since when evading bones he can "see the right course of action beforehand" and instinctively knew "even how they would move"

For 9 to 11, in some profiles we consider reflecting with increased strength to be stat amping, since it's amplifying the attack in question.

15 I called resistance to information manipulation, since that's how we list a similar info overload feat in Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ke Though I do agree that limited resistance to mind manip makes more sense to these kinds of feats

I only saw Stealth Mastery so maybe I missed the word bestowal. I did see you say power bestowal but wasn't sure that's what you meant. Still, I wanna see if there's any mention of how it could be done in the novel, there could be missing context.

Seeing the right course of action wouldn't count, he's not talking about the bones in this one he's talking about himself. But knowing how they would move before they do does merit the limited precog.

Eh, either or is fine with me. I know Meliodas doesn't have it but the short description does say the attack is shot back stronger. If he has stat amps some other way, just saying the opposite element comes out stronger should be enough so there's no need to mention one ability 2 times.

I was going off more from a feat of Lucifer Morningstar's just taking all of the information of the universe in less time than it took him to blink. That's why I thought asking a mod to be sure would be better, mostly since he still gets all the information forced in his head but it doesn't **** him up.

I just want you guys to know that the Main Character, Lee Shin Woo, is a Skeleton, aka an Undead.

All said:
13 Isn't resistance, as he's just used to screams. The fear or the paralysis are not because the roar has any ability, they are just scared. And if he doesn't feel the fear in the first place, he's not resisting it. No reduction as well, the text is just saying that all heroes with lower stats to his flinched and stiffened, not that their stats got lowered.
He has a skill called Invisible Heart which makes him immune to status/mental ailments, so he likely wasn't affected by the roar of the Beast General while the others were due to it. The Beast General is Level 7, while the other Heroes are Level 6 to 7; but the Beast General is an Elite Level 7 so he's stronger than normal of his Level. LSW fought countless Treasure Eaters who can all shriek to make their opponents fight each other, as that's what he meant by being used to screams. The General seems to have used a skill that made the Heroes fear him for a little; kind of like how in a fights, the End Boss does a roar and the lower leveled Characters would likely be scared since they're weaker than the End Boss

All said:
14 is just a weakness of the ability. 14 Is just a weakness of the technique, yes.
This feat isn't the same as #13, as the one who did this feat is from Mad Goat Ghoul; his roar weakens those who are alive while strengthening the undead

All said:
16 is Magic/Elemental Manipulation Absorption and Resistance if you know any specifics of the attack beyond that then list the types of elements or attacks that would be included. 16 is just Absorption, since the technique itself is also called Absorption, and also resistance to all the elements used in there if he has the resistances to take most of the attack. If at any point the specific elements are mentioned or what elementals were in there, that'd be the best way to make sure who is he resisting.
They're Spirits, so they should know abilities of Elements such as Fire, Ice, Electricity, Earth, and Water at the very least as far as I remember correctly. I'll probably be able to get more feats from the Spirits later so I'll put this in the back

All said:
Remind me what are bones in this context? Magical items that are absorbed for powers or to increase cultivation maybe? If not, the 4 about bones are just Limited Telepathy and Extrasensory Perception. plus Bone Manipulation.
The bones/thorns in this context is the bones from the Beast General, not his own.
I think the General makes them then controls them via his Darkness Magic to attack others, so LSW (The Main Character), who has a Skill that lets him understand and controls his bones (Rule of Bone), can suddenly control the General's bones/thorns due to being enlightened

Retadane completely ignored Jilun Pelta's foolish taunt, and closed in on him. The Beast General was inwardly screaming, as he was afraid of her light magic, but on the outside, he sported a calm expression while somehow being able to block her attack. But then... It was truly instantaneous... It happened even faster than the activation of the Beast General's Garden of Thorns. Jilun Pelta and Retadane didn't know how it happened. Although they didn't know the cause of it, they were definitely able to see the result... Why? All the thorns that comprised the Garden of Thorns simultaneously struck Jilun Pelta. The sight of dozens, hundreds, even thousands of thorns defying their master was truly a gallant and horrendous sight. Jilun Pelta's body shook. He attempted to control the thorns and extract them from his body, but for some reason, it didn't work. It was truly bizarre. He was definitely the one who created these thorns, so why were they disobeying him? Why were they attacking not his enemies, but him? Moreover...[Why are they even stronger than before...?] Retadane briefly felt a chill in the air, and quickly backed off. It was a wise decision. The bone thorns that had stabbed the Beast General blew up all at once!
The Rule of Bone skill has become Lv10. If it is a bone you can control, or even if it isn't, you can control it and reinforce it.]

[The Rule of Bone skill has become Lv11. You have become able to interfere with another's control over their bones.]

All said:
3 and 4 seem to be Magic, maybe they could be considered power bestowal of limited Stealth Mastery and resistance to Information Manipulation
Agree with Blah on the first one. Second one would be best left as simply "can mask the mana signature of others". Won't fall into magic without some quote associating it to magic, less so stealth since its not related to himself. Is there any comment anywhere about how masking one mana's may be done?

For 3 and 4 I said bestowal of limited stealth mastery, not that it is stealth mastery.

I only saw Stealth Mastery so maybe I missed the word bestowal. I did see you say power bestowal but wasn't sure that's what you meant. Still, I wanna see if there's any mention of how it could be done in the novel, there could be missing context.
I think the way Mana for certain races or people in general works here is that they have Characteristics that differs from others, kind of like how LSW needed to change his Mana into that of a Spirit's

[As expected of you, Paul Zero. Yeah, the mana is interfering with the space. A magic that allows you to go there wherever you are in the world, but also makes it difficult to get there... Normally, non-spirits cannot go in, but you should be able to, right Paul Zero?]
Kind of like this, he performed #1 cause of the issue for the excerpt above. This one is pretty confusing for me so I'll also probably put this in the back

I see. So then disregard the fact he resisted the scream and just point out the existence of Invisible Heart. But trying to find the best things he's resisted with that would be good.

I am aware its not the same technique, I am just saying that it is a weakness of the technique rather than an ability of Lee.

Nah, I just wanted to know if we could get a more specific idea what elements were in there. But if it was a gathering of thousands of spirits and there wasn't anything like "spirits of this element hadn't come" then it should be alright to apply the resistance to all of them. Or better yet, just use the skills themselves as a guide if all of his elemental resistances are mentioned somewhere.

Then yes, what was mentioned above. Limited Extrasensory Perception, Telepathy and Precognition plus Bone Manipulation.

Oh no, I noticed that in the first feat. I just wondered if maybe at some other point is discussed how he pulls off the masking of people's manas so they can't be sensed. If is something that he learns to do for himself first, that could tell us how he does it for other people if there's a description of how he pulls it off.

All said:
Oh no, I noticed that in the first feat. I just wondered if maybe at some other point is discussed how he pulls off the masking of people's manas so they can't be sensed. If is something that he learns to do for himself first, that could tell us how he does it for other people if there's a description of how he pulls it off.
I don't really know about this, so I may not be of help. I think the way he changes their Mana is just like how he makes the form of his partner (Jin Taylor) from something like a skeleton horse to a warhorse or something, so him likely waving his hand instantly changes his form.

"What about my disguise?" "I already did it." "Huh...!?" Jin instinctively looked down at his legs and was shocked once he realized that his legs had changed. That wasn't all. His body had become smaller, so that he looked like a real pack horse. His stats hadn't changed, so neither his speed nor durability had changed, but still, there was no way he wouldn't be surprised. He hadn't felt anything, yet he was disguised instantly. Moreover, from the outside, his body looked so alive... "My Disguise skill lets you feel the texture and heat of your skin, so we don't have to worry about getting caught. But you still can't eat or drink anything, so keep that in mind."
The description of Disguise will be explained below by the System

[Disguise Lv1 (Active)] [A true Joker fools even himself. And if he perfectly fools even himself, then he can ultimately fool the entire world. You can transform into someone you are completely familiar with, or modify a part of your body or an item you are holding. Of course, it only changes the outside appearance, so please use this skill with discretion.]

[You have become able to handle mana more broadly and diversely than before. The Disguise skill has become Lv3. You can disguise yourself well with even less knowledge of your target.]

[The Disguise skill has become Lv9. Nothing is as it appears. You disguise truth as lies and show this to the world. If you succeed in fooling all, then it becomes no different from being real. Change is a form of creation. You only have one task that remains. You already know what that is.]

Hmm, having someone else to give their opinion may be best because its hard to say for me. Just putting it as "He can mask the mana signature of himself and others" may be the best if there's no approximate to be done.

Back