• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What tiers do you personally oppose?

Low 1-C immeasurable speed heros and xenoverse.
Please no
We'll get there someday. Just you wait!
01-we-will-dismantle-oppression-board-by-board-well-saw-8637222.png

Tier 0 Superman is nonsense (I hear this a lot on Instagram, TikTok and Discord)

I disagree High 1-C Mxyzptlk (this tiering is flat out incorrect according to everything the comics tell us)

I disagree with Peak Superman being only 4-B (He should be Low 2-C/2-C at peak imo)

I disagree with 1-A Monitors (This is again most likely incorrect according to what the comics show us)

I disagree with 1-A Perpetua (She has no feats nearing this level)

I disagree with anything higher than 3-C Mario

Marvel Abstracts should be 1-A, not Low 1-A

SCP-3812 should get a "possibly 0" on his profile

I disagree with any tier higher than 4-C for Naruto (I hear this a lot on Instagram, TikTok and Discord)

I disagree with any tier higher than 1-C for Wukong

Jin Mori should be 4-A, and should have "Higher-Dimensional Existence" on his profile

Saitama's profile should be along the lines of "5-C, possbily 5-B, likely far higher"

Seven Deadly Sins should be 6-B to High 6-B

never read it but heard he was a massive racist, does he express those views in his books in a way that cant be neglected?
well he is racist but saying that he is massively racist is maybe an overstatement, at least for his writing. There are definitely racist elements but generally the ones whom he discriminates against are degenerates of whichever race, such as when he wrote about "white trash" in "Beyond the wall of sleep". His cat's name is indeed racist...though to be fair that word was common back in his age (early half of 20th century), i mean we even see the word in the 1980s "Shining" movie so there's not much to be concerned about.
Personally i feel kinda bad for him. I don't think his dislike for other races came from innate hatred but rather from the fact that he was scared of whatever he did not know. Lovecraft was most likely a psychologically troubled individual (all those recurring nightmares that haunted and inspired him). He was kinda spooked of whatever was new and he didn't feel comfortable with. For him comfort was at Rhode island in his home and anything outside was unnerving to him, making it obvious why he would be against people of other races, which certainly didn't fit his ideal.
I will say that I don't think any of his opinions are okay, i just think that we shouldn't paint the guy as the devil for it.

well he is racist but saying that he is massively racist is maybe an overstatement, at least for his writing. There are definitely racist elements but generally the ones whom he discriminates against are degenerates of whichever race, such as when he wrote about "white trash" in "Beyond the wall of sleep". His cat's name is indeed racist...though to be fair that word was common back in his age (early half of 20th century), i mean we even see the word in the 1980s "Shining" movie so there's not much to be concerned about.
Personally i feel kinda bad for him. I don't think his dislike for other races came from innate hatred but rather from the fact that he was scared of whatever he did not know. Lovecraft was most likely a psychologically troubled individual (all those recurring nightmares that haunted and inspired him). He was kinda spooked of whatever was new and he didn't feel comfortable with. For him comfort was at Rhode island in his home and anything outside was unnerving to him, making it obvious why he would be against people of other races, which certainly didn't fit his ideal.
I will say that I don't think any of his opinions are okay, i just think that we shouldn't paint the guy as the devil for it.
i will note that he did have extreme opinions outside of his writing, such as when he supported some of square-stached H's ideas, though he did consider him a clown.
It's hard to say why he became the way he was but strictly speaking his upbringing in a traditional family, death of loved ones, shocks, phobias and constant nightmares probably had sth to do with it. That is why i feel bad for the guy. Despising his ideals and denouncing his political views is good but trying to forget the guy who influenced modern day fantasy and horror to an extreme extent is just not possible.

Lemme talk about 9-B, AKA Wall level.

It's the most populated Sub Tier on the wiki at ~5,600 profiles- comparable to the 2nd and 3rd most popular tiers combined (9-A + 9-C = ~6,100)- and symbolically it represents the transition between things that are biologically possible for animals, and stuff that can only be done in fiction. Even the mighty Blue Whale only manages to get into Wall level+.

This position of being the transition zone between natural and supernatural can be seen in the Attack Potency page, in the column of [Energy in Conventional Terms]. The ends for Wall level (15 KJ and 5 Kg of TNT) are where it goes from measuring in joules to TNT as the unit of energy; in other words, once you're past 9-B and into 9-A, it's more appropriate to compare you to an explosive device than any biomechanical system.

However, this bridging-the-gap status of Wall level is a double edged sword that is detrimental to the very purpose of tiering. And by that I mean: Wall level is way too damn big, such so that it's genuinely unhelpful as a Sub-Tier.

The whole point of Tiers and Sub-Tiers being tagged is to make finding fair matchups between characters easier, but with a high to low end gap of nearly fourteen-hundred, Wall level puts folk who can throw people across the room in the same basket as folk who can launch vehicles hundreds of meters into the air! It would be less absurd to put Mike Tyson in the same weight class as a literal child!

Obviously, it's way too late to go back and split Wall level in two and make a new Sub Tier, so the Wiki's just stuck with it now, but that's not gonna stop me from complaining about it.

Wall level fodder 2hus, and building level mid tiers. Even fairies can survive natural lightning in Touhou, and mid tiers scale to a planet shaking feat. Though, this is more of a consequence of outdated stats than actual bad opinions or anything.

That being said, tier 7 Cirno is equally bad because the feat used for it is taken out of context (she never actually froze an entire lake despite what some may claim) and doing it nearly killed her. Plus the feat itself probably caps at like. 8-A.

Also immediately disagree with anything putting top tier 2hus at tier 6 or lower. They have so many cosmic level feats that anyone who genuinely believes that tier 6 is somehow more consistent (despite consisting of like 2 feats compared to the 7 or so uni feats we're using) should be considered legally braindead. I don't give a shit if people don't buy universal, but when you have characters who casually shake locations that are multi-galaxy sized at minimum, create pocket dimensions with moons and stars, are literal living suns, can shoot down multiple stars at once, or create constellations, you kinda have to admit that saying they cap out at country-busting is ******* absurd.

Wall level fodder 2hus, and building level mid tiers. Even fairies can survive natural lightning in Touhou, and mid tiers scale to a planet shaking feat. Though, this is more of a consequence of outdated stats than actual bad opinions or anything.

That being said, tier 7 Cirno is equally bad because the feat used for it is taken out of context (she never actually froze an entire lake despite what some may claim) and doing it nearly killed her. Plus the feat itself probably caps at like. 8-A.

Also immediately disagree with anything putting top tier 2hus at tier 6 or lower. They have so many cosmic level feats that anyone who genuinely believes that tier 6 is somehow more consistent (despite consisting of like 2 feats compared to the 7 or so uni feats we're using) should be considered legally braindead. I don't give a shit if people don't buy universal, but when you have characters who casually shake locations that are multi-galaxy sized at minimum, create pocket dimensions with moons and stars, are literal living suns, can shoot down multiple stars at once, or create constellations, you kinda have to admit that saying they cap out at country-busting is ******* absurd.
Oh, almost forgot to mention the casual black hole creation and throwing. Totally tier 6. How anybody could think that a black hole could reach cosmological levels of power is simply beyond me. As we all know, they cap at large country level, and even that's a highball.

love how ppl were making memes abt dbh downgrade and said how the ppl outside the site who claimed the characters to be 2a would cry, but suddenly the whole tide changed.

Yeah, but if it can be shown on a computer screen then it's tier 11 so **** you

Tier 2, it literally never ends well and they mostly always ends up in a stomp

I'm oposite to any character that lives as a draw in a pice of paper, is a centient character in a videogame or just live as the internet or some form of data be 10-C instead of some form of tier 11, like, my dude, you can't even interact directly with me, you shouldn't have the same treatment as a 3-D real person

I'm oposite to any character that lives as a draw in a pice of paper, is a centient character in a videogame or just live as the internet or some form of data be 10-C instead of some form of tier 11, like, my dude, you can't even interact directly with me, you shouldn't have the same treatment as a 3-D real person
I dunno about drawings but considering that the mass of all the electrons in the entire internet is like 60 grams, or about that of a strawberry, a single online character's data would be less than a trillionth of that, but it still technically would not be zero. (Although "technically" the truth is the worst kind of truth so fair point)

I dunno about drawings but considering that the mass of all the electrons in the entire internet is like 60 grams, or about that of a strawberry, a single online character's data would be less than a trillionth of that, but it still technically would not be zero. (Although "technically" the truth is the worst kind of truth so fair point)
I mean, this is just a manifastation of them in the real word, their true selfs would be the projection into the "virtual" world, they can't do shit with that insignificant mass

I personally disagree with every tiering earned by KE calcs, meteor KE calcs, Explosion calcs, etc if its environmental effects such as amount destruction, vaporizing effects, etc does not support the calcs. However, scaling someone that matches a character to that have let say tier 5B destruction value, even though that character only have tier 7B destruction feats are always acceptable considering it is consistent and not outlier.

everyone who said they hate continental one piece

i love u

but i'm laughing mad hard rn
Quiete frankly, a lot of One Piece scaling in most places are very arbitrary, and a lot of people refer to the (old) ratings given by VSBW for it.

One Piece has been 7-A for so long that people are unwilling to part with it, especially those who aren't fond of One Piece in particular.

I ain't mad about one piece at all since we upgraded ToG to 6-A/High 6-A at approximately the same time so we don't lose in any case

Back