• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What tiers do you personally oppose?

The antithesis to "what tier do u personally have ur favorite characters/verses at?" -- rather than stating what tiers you personally rank your favorite characters as, this thread is for listing off the tiers that you are opposed to seeing. This doesn't have to be the tier they are at on the Wiki. They can be just anything you see people bring up.

For example, I am vehemently opposed to Super Goku being Multiversal like everybody claims he is, and I am against Low 1-C and Immeasurable Heroes.

Idk if I correctly understood the question, but since I really dislike the dimensional system, I don't like the tiers 11, nor the 1's aside from 1-A and above, at least not the explanations, I still think an infinities-ranking system could be used, it's just that using dimensionality to push it doesn't go well with me. Whenever I see a character being pushed to higher levels because it is higher dimensional, or worse, is assigned greater mind/soul hax because of dimensionality, I really "nope" out of the situation.

As for specific characters.. I don't have much to say. As I said before, it isn't really all that important.

I'll say that it feels weird to see Tier 3 & FTL Bleach, and popular franchises, particularly of shonens, often have looser standards to accept FTL ratings. Conversely, more verses should have MHS+ speed from scaling to lightning, when they usually only get the MHS.

I'd also say that people assign 10-A and 9-C far too easily to other characters. Most I've seen are straight up 10-B.

I'm really... iffy with tiers (AP and speed) with a lot of verses, especially the shounen ones. I don't necessarily oppose them, but my feeling definitely ranges from "this could be done better and more prudently" to "these tiers are being really, very generous", to say the least.

Speed, in particular, I think people tend to be very generous to their values. And how people often confuse perception and reaction speed (hell, even I myself am confused with them, in part due to how others confuse these things too).

I think I've expressed how ridiculous it is for me to see Hokuto no Ken characters' AP. And I've participated in some threads to halt developments of inflated speed ratings (like in Mashle).

Idk if I correctly understood the question, but since I really dislike the dimensional system, I don't like the tiers 11, nor the 1's aside from 1-A and above, at least not the explanations, I still think an infinities-ranking system could be used, it's just that using dimensionality to push it doesn't go well with me. Whenever I see a character being pushed to higher levels because it is higher dimensional, or worse, is assigned greater mind/soul hax because of dimensionality, I really "nope" out of the situation.

As for specific characters.. I don't have much to say. As I said before, it isn't really all that important.

I'll say that it feels weird to see Tier 3 & FTL Bleach, and popular franchises, particularly of shonens, often have looser standards to accept FTL ratings. Conversely, more verses should have MHS+ speed from scaling to lightning, when they usually only get the MHS.

I'd also say that people assign 10-A and 9-C far too easily to other characters. Most I've seen are straight up 10i disagree but i respect your opinion since you're not being an ass about it

i will say dimensions only = higher tier when the verse says it's an infinite gap

also it's fun to see 10 year olds and high schoolers stomping Goku and Superman at the same time

i will say dimensions only = higher tier when the verse says it's an infinite gap
Agreed.

I think tiers should be more plastic, tbh. Like, most beings in Naruto, even those of exceedingly higher tiers, can be consistently wounded by characters that, by our logic, would have vastly lower tiers.

It should be recognized that characters aren't easy to categorize, there is no such a thing in most verses that people have a specific tier and that's it, things that deviate from it are anti-feats or outliers. If there was some sensible way to allow it, I'd make most characters be noted to still be vulnerable to much lower tiered attacks with consistency.

i
I think tiers should be more plastic, tbh. Like, most beings in Naruto, even those of exceedingly higher tiers, can be consistently wounded by characters that, by our logic, would have vastly lower tiers.
mean there's seperate tiers for each stats and hax and outliers... logically someone who withstands 1000 megatons of force isn;t getting harmed by me punching them no matter how hard i do it

I think most Touhou characters should be Tier 6, not Tier 2.
or worse, is assigned greater mind/soul hax because of dimensionality, I really "nope" out of the situation.
You're gonna love my higher dimensional hax revision... if I ever manage to gather the time and energy to do part 2 of it...

I'd also say that people assign 10-A and 9-C far too easily to other characters. Most I've seen are straight up 10-B.
A big problem with this is that the energy requirements for the tiers are just too low. The low end of 9-C was obtained by looking for a round number that nearly all guns would be above instead of basing it on peak human capabilities, so it’s fairly weak. Hell, 300 Joules is actually what some martial arts/boxing sources estimate as a an upper bound of what someone physically average and technically untrained could reasonably pull off with their heaviest punches.

A big problem with this is that the energy requirements for the tiers are just too low. The low end of 9-C was obtained by looking for a round number that nearly all guns would be above instead of basing it on peak human capabilities, so it’s fairly weak. Hell, 300 Joules is actually what some martial arts/boxing sources estimate as a an upper bound of what someone physically average and technically untrained could reasonably pull off with their heaviest punches.
I agree, it is incredibly hard to judge and to place a good joules output. The thing is that, in real life at least, joules of energy aren't the exactly good way to judge someone's strength, durability and all that, at least not in the "human level" of things. (Of course, this starts to go out of the window when you get to 9-C or more) It's very hard to explain, but... There's a gap between someone who's 10-A and 10-B, which is wide but not straightforward.

I won't bore ya with a long explanation, but just to say how things go both ways. I've a boxing coach who is an exceptionally strong and quick man. Despite being barely taller than me (I'm very small) and not that muscular, he hits way, way harder than even some mountains of men that I've had to spar with, and is also by far the quickest man there. He can pull an Ali on us whenever he wants, even on some of us that have trained for over an year. He worked for quite some time as security in a bar, and I've seen videos that he had to separate fights, and he once took a bottle to the head, which he did without seeming seriously inconvenienced. He also considers himself not yet ready for professional fights, and said he'd need to engage in a serious training regimen of a few months to get back in form.

At the same time, I've seen a lot of professional, famous fighters who got one hit kayoed by people with no MA experience or training, who were weak and drunk, just because they were caught unawares and sucker-punched.

The human tier is inherently plastic and the little things that are usually not relevant in calcs or judging someone's strength in matches suddenly become extremely relevant, more so than the things we usually use to judge. Whenever I think about tiering someone as 10-B or 10-A, I think about it for quite some time.

In general, Tiers 2 and 1 never convince me: they those tiers are revised once every two years or so and are subject to change; sometimes tiers Low 2-C and 2-C are basically tiers 3-A and High 3-A but with more range. Tier 1 already hit theories and philosofies that verses may not even acknowledge, or personally I think it was used one of many verses as reference to build the structure of these tiers what I consider a bad idea. Plus, that is where "smurf" hax appears, where apparently having more range means being infinitely more potent and where bypassing a countless of resistance "layers" (that is another term I dislike) does not require feats.

As for specific verses, quite disconforted with Anima being 2-C for "earthly" at least, 7-B or 7-A was far more solid, plus don't like the idea of people scaling to an event that was going to kill everyone and required the intervention of the "gods" to reduce the destruction.

i met someone that thinks exalted (3-A fodder) > Digimon
I met someone who thinks Digimon is fodder because it's a "knock off of Pokémon", although Digimon is just family friendly SMT, besides how this has nothing to do with power, lol.

I somehow keep seeing debates about Digimon vs Dragon Ball or Digimon vs gurren lagann

The best examples are "GoDs vs Royal Knights" where even if u equalise statistics and restrict hax, the RKs would still win due to basic physiology

Or the infamous debate about "STTGL vs Mother Eater", my man, how STTGL gonna effect a nonexistent-abstract being that resists probability manipulation, can regenerate from the erasure of body, soul, mind, history, concept and place in the narrative? Like isn't this an obvious stomp?

None.

Because this is all an amalgamation of mutable interpretation and perceptions. I don’t think any character is wanked, or downplayed, because it’s all a matter of cognition. Now, I won’t deny the objectivity in being able to attack ones reasoning for such a suggestion for upgrades/downgrades or a character, but for me, I don’t believe that accuracy and inaccuracy are words that truly mean anything on here. If the dozens of other forums that think that VSBW overblown or misunderstand a character’s capabilities weren’t enough.

Last edited:
None.

Because this is all an amalgamation of mutable interpretation and perceptions. I don’t think any character is wanked, or downplayed, because it’s all a matter of cognition. Now, I won’t deny the objectivity in being able to attack ones reasoning for such a suggestion for upgrades/downgrades or a character, but for me, I don’t believe that accuracy and inaccuracy are words that truly mean anything on here. If the dozens of other forums that think that VSBW overblown or misunderstand a character’s capabilities.
i think gon beats goku

Back