• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Buttersamuri said:
Even if it's tens of metre's that still makes gasters far higher range, so my point there stands, and until it's changed on the page, i'm pretty sure we go off that
His gasters dont suddenly gave higher range than Hanks just because it says it's higher on his page. That just means it's higher than his Bones range. Not his gasters suddenly are confirmed better than hanks. Currently. Hanks range should be considered better. And the thread was given the ok a long while back. It just should have been fixed. Someone just hasn't. I'll ask to have that fixed. But we don't go off the dozens. It's baseless
Unless Hank is using his rifle, significantly higher then tens of metre's would still be much better range.

What kind of shotgun does Hank have.

we can determine its exact range. Shotguns start to fall off really quick due to the fact that they're not meant for long distance shooting. Unless you're using slugs in your shotgun but Hank wouldn't be doing that

Jackythejack said:

we can determine its exact range. Shotguns start to fall off really quick due to the fact that they're not meant for long distance shooting. Unless you're using slugs in your shotgun but Hank wouldn't be doing that
I'm gonna have to look that one up. I don't know if it's ever specified. Though, wouldn't him teleporting close, and it's pierce damage already piercing someone much tougher than him make it not so important

Buttersamuri said:
Jackythejack said:

I'm gonna have to look that one up. I don't know if it's ever specified. Though, wouldn't him teleporting close, and it's pierce damage already piercing someone much tougher than him make it not so important
I mean that's implying Sans doesn't just teleport Hank, himself, or the bullets out of the way real ******* quick, which he should be able to do.

He wouldn't teleport the bullets no. That's already been agreed out of character in many of threads. And he wouldn't teleport to dodge either. Neither hank nore himself.

Buttersamuri said:
He wouldn't teleport the bullets no. That's already been agreed out of character in many of threads. And he wouldn't teleport to dodge either. Neither hank nore him.
I don't think it'd be out of character for Sans to teleport himself away and hank into his attacks, considering thats what happens in the fight, sans teleports you into his attacks

Could still teleport hank around whilst getting closer.

This is the same song and dance in a bunch of threads. Sans should inevitably close the gap considering all his ways to get closer and just restrain hank, and all of his shit is going to, no matter what, come up as a big surprise. The Mossberg 500 only has an effective firing range of like, 40 meters or smth, and even at 40 meters that's going to not do nearly as much damage, and considering both are I believe subsonic or a decently fast speed, that distance will be crossed in no time.

Sans would then probably just slam him into the ground and soul hax him.

The issue is sans getting tagged by Hanks attack. He isn't gonna teleport to dodge. He won't teleport the bullets; he wouldn't teleport himself. He wouldn't teleport hank. Not to dodge. It's not in character

Jackythejack said:
Could still teleport hank around whilst getting closer.

This is the same song and dance in a bunch of threads. Sans should inevitably close the gap considering all his ways to get closer and just restrain hank, and all of his shit is going to, no matter what, come up as a big surprise. The Mossberg 500 only has an effective firing range of like, 40 meters or smth, and even at 40 meters that's going to not do nearly as much damage, and considering both are I believe subsonic or a decently fast speed, that distance will be crossed in no time.

Sans would then probably just slam him into the ground and soul hax him.
Kinda not in character for him to hop around like that. We can argue at best he would just teleport closer to close the gap. Though it also leaves him open for hanks reaction. But I'll look up the shotgun though. It could be a good point if it's right.

Literally just took it from Wikipedia so it's not wrong, and it's a common shotgun.

And most shotguns are going to have comparable ranges.

Buttersamuri said:
No? Wright and Mort never made any actual votes. They even stopped with saying if he did the shotgun, he may take the win. But they never actually voted,
Yes, I did vote.

Regardless, they start way out of the shotguns range. Hank's gonna draw his longer range rifles first to ensure he actually hits Sans. Cue Sans teleporting (catching Hank off guard because the supernatural doesn't exist in KOTH) and boneing him as described above. Hank would have to pull his shotgun first thing, which isn't gonna happen when Sans starts outside the shotguns range. And that's assuming he manages to draw and shoot before Sans thinks and moves his hand down.

The argument is apparently sans teleporting to dodge isn't in character or him using it to...move, I think? No clue.

Kinda not in character for him to hop around like that. We can argue at best he would just teleport closer to close the gap. Though it also leaves him open for hanks reaction. But I'll look up the shotgun though. It could be a good point if it's right.

That's not what he's arguing. He's arguing he'd teleport Hank himself around, which is entirely in character.

In character how?

Also. I see that 49 meters is not where a shotgun dies. His at least seems to reach up to 70 meters while still being effective.

Buttersamuri said:
In character how?

Also. I see that 49 meters is not where a shotgun dies. His at least seems to reach up to 70 meters while still being effective.
He uses teleportation to move around all the time. He'd do it if he's in a fighting scenario.

Also what shotgun did you look at?

Yes, I did vote.

Regardless, they start way out of the shotguns range. Hank's gonna draw his longer range rifles first to ensure he actually hits Sans. Cue Sans teleporting (catching Hank off guard because the supernatural doesn't exist in KOTH) and boneing him as described above. Hank would have to pull his shotgun first thing, which isn't gonna happen when Sans started outside the shotguns range. And that's assuming he manages to draw and shoot before Sans thinks and moves his hand down.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I'm so mature

Buttersamuri said:
In character how?

He literally teleports Frisk around during their fight. He drops them straight into the line of his attacks.

That's not my point. My point is the characters start outside the shotguns range by SBA, prompting Hank to draw the rifle. Cue scenario I described.

SButtersamuri said:
In character how?

Sans CONSTANTLY teleports you in his fight

It's in character to do so here

To get around town. But not in combat. Shouldn't be assumed he would unless he did. I would know, my character got banned because he didn't use them in a fight

Semi automatic. That's what it looked like to me.

And, to further the point, Sans teleportation range is pretty high, such as when he teleported out of the judgement y'all, and when he teleported you from Waterfall to Snowdim (obviously assuming that's the shortcut)

Buttersamuri said:
To get around town. But not in combat. Shouldn't be assumed he would unless he did. I would know, my character got banned because he didn't use them in a fight

Semi automatic. That's what it looked like to me.

F

Jackythejack said:
And, to further the point, Sans teleportation range is pretty high, such as when he teleported out of the judgement y'all, and when he teleported you from Waterfall to Snowdim (obviously assuming that's the shortcut)
Judgement yall

But yeah this, Sans has high teleport range, though he only used short range in his fight

Back