• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What stamina is needed to perform this feat?

To quote that page in part:

Stamina is the measure of a character's ability to remain active, exert themselves for long periods of time, and power through harsh circumstances.

This general statistic encompasses a number of different traits and characteristics that operate differently, and that can thus differ within a single character. Because of this and the inherent variability of stamina, it is difficult to create a comprehensive and consistent universal ranking system for these feats, although some guidelines can be established. Because of this, it is best to explain and source examples of a character's stamina feats rather than simply state a generalised rating.

Basic Guidelines​

To reiterate, these are only basic guidelines and should not be treated as a replacement for proper explanations, sources, and justifications. Please avoid generic terms such as "high" or "very high" and so on, as well.

Below Average: Characters who may be exhausted and driven to their limits by mild exertion and/or disabled by basic injuries.

Average: Characters with typical human levels of stamina and pain tolerance.

Athletic: Characters with above average human levels of stamina and pain tolerance.

Peak Human: Characters who can push themselves to the limits of any normal human's stamina.

Superhuman: Characters who can push themselves beyond the limits of any normal human, exerting themselves for long periods of time, pushing on through exceptionally painful circumstances, and acting even when grievously injured.

Infinite: Characters with inexhaustible sources of energy at their disposal, allowing them to fight indefinitely, although not necessarily allowing them to ignore crippling pain or fight on through critical injuries.

Also, what exactly is the feat? Can the character do so indefinitely?

I think that might be some limited self sustenance, no?
Self-Sustenance is the ability to maintain oneself infinitely without the typical requirements of life.

• Type 1: Respiratory Self-Sustenance: The ability to live indefinitely without oxygen (or whatever substance that the creature's species breathes). This includes surviving in the vacuum of space or in the depths of an ocean. This may provide resistance to certain gas-based toxins.
300 hours is not infinite, nor forever.

Hence why I asked "Also, what exactly is the feat? Can the character do so indefinitely?" at the end of my previous post. No offense meant, sorry for any bother.

I disagree?

If I can stay underwater for a year without the need of oxygen, then that's definitely some type of self sustenance, in this case type 1, and obviously it's limited, because it's limited to a year

If I can stay underwater for a year without the need of oxygen, then that's definitely some type of self sustenance, in this case type 1, and obviously it's limited, because it's limited to a year
No, it's not, it's just Stamina. Self Sustenance is about not needing it at all, by ur logic, i have limited self sustenance because i can stay 30 seconds without breathing

I think it can be both, but I also don't think your example is good either.
my example is literally ur example, the only difference is the amount of time, and both ends up as not being self sustenance, as it is totally against the definition of self sustenance

Superhuman stamina and nothing else.

It's been discussed in the past whether or not giving self-sustenance, but the general agreement is that it shouldn't be limited based on time.

Back