• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TV Rick Grimes stamina upgrade. TWD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before we talk about TV Rick, let's talk about other twd characters who have superhuman stamina.

Lee has superhuman stamina, he is able to cut off his hand, bandage it and then lose consciousness.
Fight a horde of walkers while under the effect of a bite (Although most of walkers weren't paying attention) and after severe bleeding after cutting off his hand). He is also capable of fighting a stranger after get shot (although Lee was able to defeat him being in his worst and weakest form).

Next let's talk about comic Rick. He also has superhuman stamina, although I disagree with that. His best stamina feat is to continue running around the prison after being shot in the stomach, although it didn't last that long. After the governor cut off his hand, he lost consciousness almost instantly. After the grenade explosion, Rick was much further away than Carl, and Carl didn't lose consciousness when Rick did. Another moment when Dwight hits Rick with an arrow and he is unable to move without help.

And now finally TV Rick. Rick chopped off his own hand and after that, he could even run, push and kill walkers, then cauterize his wound on fire and continue running again and began to lose consciousness only after the crm soldier shot him with a taser.
This is much better than Lee's feat of cutting off an arm and much better than comic Rick's feat of chopping off an arm.

Also TV Rick fell on the rebar and pierced himself through, he could pull himself out, later smash the wooden boards, fight with walkers and walk from the camp to the other end of the bridge, and even after the explosion of the bridge still breathe and move a little.
And I'm not even mentioning TV Rick's other feats that are on his profile.

TV Rick's feats are much better than Lee's and much better than comic Rick's.
So TV Rick can be superhuman in stamina.

where do you guys even come from

The feat for Lee... probably isn't Superhuman, we don't know the exact effects of early stages of the infection on stamina other than that it does indeed have an effect. I wouldn't count "continuing to fight like that" as Superhuman, normal people have certainly managed it.

Rick Grimes doesn't currently have Superhuman stamina, rather Peak Human, which I think is a pretty fair estimation for his feats (which the page does take into account currently). He manages to continue to function but at a severely reduced capacity- being impaled rendered him essentially inoperable in the episode of the bridge explosion, for example. I don't see what we would interpret as strictly superhuman in requirement of his feats: Rick can survive, and even remain conscious, but at such a debilitated position that he isn't just unaffected by it.

So, while not an entirely ridiculous proposal (as many have been), I don't think this is accurate. I disagree.

where do you guys even come from

The feat for Lee... probably isn't Superhuman, we don't know the exact effects of early stages of the infection on stamina other than that it does indeed have an effect. I wouldn't count "continuing to fight like that" as Superhuman, normal people have certainly managed it.

Rick Grimes doesn't currently have Superhuman stamina, rather Peak Human, which I think is a pretty fair estimation for his feats (which the page does take into account currently). He manages to continue to function but at a severely reduced capacity- being impaled rendered him essentially inoperable in the episode of the bridge explosion, for example. I don't see what we would interpret as strictly superhuman in requirement of his feats: Rick can survive, and even remain conscious, but at such a debilitated position that he isn't just unaffected by it.

So, while not an entirely ridiculous proposal (as many have been), I don't think this is accurate. I disagree.
Then I ask you to change comic Rick and Lee to Peak human, because if TV Rick's feats don't make him superhuman in stamina, then he is definitely higher than Lee and Rick comic, which I have already proved.

I dunno if I'd agree with the idea that it's absolutely proven, but as I said, I do agree that they're also probably just Peak Human. If you want to pivot this to a (slight) downgrade, I'd agree.

And by the way, we know the bite effect. Kenny's girlfriend was bitten at night and was unable to move in the morning. It's the same with Jim from the first season of the series, who after being bitten at night, in the middle of the day, he had a fever and was unable to move, when Lee, even after losing blood and being bitten, is able to jump on roofs all day, after fighting with walkers, then get shot in the stomach and still continue to fight. Moreover, real people lose consciousness after amputation, or if they do not lose consciousness, they are unable to move themselves, even the military. When Rick not only cut off his arm and did not lose consciousness instantly, he was also able not only to walk slowly, but even run, then fight with walkers and push them away so that they knocked the crm soldier off his feet. Then cauterize your wound and continue running.

"Superhuman: Characters who can push themselves beyond the limits of any normal human, exerting themselves for long periods of time, pushing on through exceptionally painful circumstances, and acting even when grievously injured".

Lee and Rick have definitely gone beyond the boundaries of man. If it's not superhuman for you, then I don't know what...

And by the way, we know the bite effect. Kenny's girlfriend was bitten at night and was unable to move in the morning. It's the same with Jim from the first season of the series, who after being bitten at night, in the middle of the day, he had a fever and was unable to move, when Lee, even after losing blood and being bitten, is able to jump on roofs all day, after fighting with walkers, then get shot in the stomach and still continue to fight. Moreover, real people lose consciousness after amputation, or if they do not lose consciousness, they are unable to move themselves, even the military. When Rick not only cut off his arm and did not lose consciousness instantly, he was also able not only to walk slowly, but even run, then fight with walkers and push them away so that they knocked the crm soldier off his feet. Then cauterize your wound and continue running.

"Superhuman: Characters who can push themselves beyond the limits of any normal human, exerting themselves for long periods of time, pushing on through exceptionally painful circumstances, and acting even when grievously injured".

Lee and Rick have definitely gone beyond the boundaries of man. If it's not superhuman for you, then I don't know what...
Jim had been bitten and carried on for some time afterwards, he was even the example I was thinking of. And he was just like... some guy. Outdoing him isn't inherently Superhuman. That description for Superhuman means beyond human capabilities. All humans. Jim is just a Normal Human, outdoing him isn't a feat of Superhuman ability.

Jim had been bitten and carried on for some time afterwards, he was even the example I was thinking of. And he was just like... some guy. Outdoing him isn't inherently Superhuman. That description for Superhuman means beyond human capabilities. All humans. Jim is just a Normal Human, outdoing him isn't a feat of Superhuman ability.
Jim is not the only example, there is also Kenny's girlfriend, whom I have already mentioned. The same situation was with the people in the series when they were infected by Negan's people and were unable to move without help already in the afternoon. As I said, Lee is not only able to just move around a little after being bitten, but also jump on roofs, fight walkers and defeat a stranger after being shot.

Same with Rick who chopped his arm and could run, fight and didn't lose consciousness.
Ordinary people would have lost consciousness, and the peak ones could have functioned a little, but they wouldn't even be close to Rick.

Even if I have not managed to convince you now, then you can close the page and I will make a new page "downgrade twd characters from Superhuman to Peak human".

Kenny's girlfriend is also just a normal human- these aren't particularly impressive examples of the peak human potential. Even Jim was up and active for potentially hours before they realized he was bitten- that walker fight lasted the entire night, from before some of them even went to sleep to morning, and by the time they find him, the blood has dried. That's the Normal Human baseline reaction we can take for the infection. Comparatively, it's hard to say that Kenny would be objectively Superhuman for his own infection story, acknowledging that he passes out and may have been infected for longer than seemed apparent.

I'll admit that I've never read the comic, but since you mention disagreeing with Superhuman for that anyways, I would probably agree, given that our boundary for that rating seems to differ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back