• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What shows, in your opinion, don't get enough credit?

For cartoon gen rex maybe? As a kid i was sometimes off about it, but then looking at reviews from others on it and especially compared to ben 10, really was underrated and theme it had could have been better for adult swim shows

79449_Kanojo-mo-Kanojo-1.jpg

Feel like this one too after getting into not long ago, most people call it cringe and being your usual harem romcom series you see around (which means it would be auto trash by that standard), tho its more unique then others ones of the genre these days or from recent years and characters are pretty great imo overall and develops them with the eventa unfolding currently

Quite a lot of these situations they had many of us would react the same way or relate if being in the same shoes as them. Comedy is really good, prolly almost up there with konosuba and executes its story so far better then Rent a GF did, which that one nowadays for a long time drags it way too much between the MC and main heroine, either of them chicken out or getting interrupted by others or some random event happens

As i watched the series tonikaku kawaii, i feel like this series took notes from that one, on character developments and lore it makes, added with the harem tag as well into the mix

Xiaolin Showdown and Kids Next Door I honestly think paved the way for stuff like Steven Universe and Star Vs. They were action-oriented cartoons with sitcom elements with heavy emphasis on continuity, world-building, lore, and had long-form story arcs and character development, all the way back in like, 2003? I don't feel that those things get stated enough.

Xiaolin Showdown and Kids Next Door I honestly think paved the way for stuff like Steven Universe and Star Vs. They were action-oriented cartoons with sitcom elements with heavy emphasis on continuity, world-building, lore, and had long-form story arcs and character development, all the way back in like, 2003? I don't feel that those things get stated enough.
I'm surprised that Xiaolin Showdown didn't pop up in my mind until you mentioned it.

Good take, though!

Back