• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What shows, in your opinion, don't get enough credit?

ChäoS;Child is very VERY underrated, is a 10/10 masterpiece, with their main character being one of the most well written character in fiction. His character develops throughout the story in an incredibly natural and subtle way making him feel realistic and compelling.

Chaos;Child has one of the best overall casts of characters I’ve seen in a visual novel, and certainly the most impressive in its own series.

ChäoS;Child is very VERY underrated, is a 10/10 masterpiece, with their main character being one of the most well written character in fiction. His character develops throughout the story in an incredibly natural and subtle way making him feel realistic and compelling.

Chaos;Child has one of the best overall casts of characters I’ve seen in a visual novel, and certainly the most impressive in its own series.
You are talking about the VN or Anime? personally think the VN is a masterpiece (the ending pretty much destroyed me... i needed Konosuba and Sankaku renai love triangle to recover from the Silent sky ending). Although, i found the Anime decent-ish, some anons complained about pacing and all.

You are talking about the VN or Anime? personally think the VN is a masterpiece (the ending pretty much destroyed me... i needed Konosuba and Sankaku renai love triangle to recover from the Silent sky ending). Although, i found the Anime decent-ish, some anons complained about pacing and all.
I honestly haven't seen the anime, I heard it made the characters lose their flair and become boring, the plot is heavily dumbed down, and the main themes of the series that speak about the banes of the digital era all lose their significance. And knowing how other VN anime adaptations are (dies irae anime flashbacks), It's no surprise.

Simply put, Grisaia originates from a Canon "Game" aka VN just like Rewrite, Umineko and Majikoi. But the thing here is Grisaia is a 50+ hours Game (VN), each "heroine" (Main girls such as Yumiko, Makina, etc etc) have their own route, and each route is usually more than 10 hours (Introducing important side character for each heroine, backstory, etc etc). Since the Anime adaptation has 13 eps, the animators are forced to convert a 50+ hour VN into a 13 Episode Anime. They pretty much were also forced to skip and remove important scenes that were present in the VN.

About the "Good ending part" there was a scene in the VN where Yuuji was supposed to choose between "not killing insert character" and "spare insert character", the Anime turned the supposedly "bad ending" into a "good ending" as it should be (The bad ending was messed up).
Out of no where with a bunch of text... How can you do it?

I honestly haven't seen the anime, I heard it made the characters lose their flair and become boring, the plot is heavily dumbed down, and the main themes of the series that speak about the banes of the digital era all lose their significance. And knowing how other VN anime adaptations are (dies irae anime flashbacks), It's no surprise.
A word of advice, I wouldn't recommend to watch the Anime adaptation, i dropped Chaos Child Anime at episode 3 (3 Episode rule due to Madoka Magica). Also, let's not speak of the Dies irae Anime..... whoever thought it was a good idea to convert a 50+ hours VN into a 10 EPs Anime should commit stepping on a lego stone.

can i say Akame Ga Kill? if it was adapted following the manga i bet he could be much more popular, even the animation was absolutely epic top tier level i would say

can i say Akame Ga Kill?
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Is anyone here gonna mention a cartoon? Or is everyone in this wiki anime, manga, and vn addicts?

Courage the Cowardly Dog​

AKedOLRXarE30DdZMEZwJy9wcmqEkJrfO20QTYySS1yM=s900-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj

Regular Show​

hd-regular-show-wallpaper-ixpap.jpg

All cartoons are nearly equally credited...

Natsume Yuujinchou

Natsume's book of friends.
Basically lonely orphan teenage kid has been able to see yokai all his life and thus he lonely as people thought he was a weirdo. He found a home, but one day he ended up getting chased by some yokai who thought he was someone else, calling him the name of his grandmother. Natsume escaped but accidentally unleashed an extremely powerful yokai who looks like a lucky cat/a giant white wolf - Madara. It turns out that Natsume's grandmother could also see yokai and kicked everyone's arse and made them write their name down so they would serve her forever, but never used it. This ended up creating an extremely powerful artifact and now Natsume needs to return the names taken as Madara protects him.

TL;DR: Orphaned teen can see yokai, ends up releasing a near godly being and now he ended up having to fix the mistakes his grandma made cause he's just too kind.

I've watched the series many times and it is the most calming series ever. It is sad, romantic, silent and pleasant. It is extremely cute and the characters aren't flat 2D walls of text. Every story is fun and interesting as many story arcs unfold including what's essentially a fight against exorcist yakuza.
If you can handle something that doesn't have epic battles but rather beauty and peace then i will recommend this underrated anime.
Though it is one of the top 100 most popular in japan surprisingly.

Back