• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What powers would this character have?

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
I swear, every time I look back on Danny Phantom I find something. However this time I want to make sure it's actually a thing.

So we know Clockwork is the master of time, he can stop, reverse, slow, and move time forward, pull people from different time periods and place them in others blah blah blah. However I believe I have evidence that Clockwork existence in the past, present, and future simultaneously.

Clockwork is everywhere
Clockwork's is everywhere
In the two scans Clockwork's appear, each from a different era in time. These are not duplicates, they did not spawn from Clockwork's body and they do not have his same outfit nor his staff. They all summoned themselves to this point in time and this exact moment to scare Danny into jumping into the portal Clockwork left open. Being Clockwork, they all possess his abilities, they are just him from different periods in time.

Clockwork did not pull them there as his powers don't effect himself so he couldn't have done it. There is one from the Revolution era, Caveman times, Viking time, the future, and one from the world war. Dan Phantom also stated he's encountered Clockwork before and he's from 10 years in the future.

This all means Clockwork is everywhere throughout time doing his thing. They all have the scar on their left eye so yes they are him. Would this give Clockwork any other abilities?.

Could be Type 3 Acausality. If these Clockworks can still survive even if the present one is killed then he can have this acausality.

Temporal Permanence: Characters with this type of Acausality are incredibly difficult to kill, as other versions of themselves - from other points in time and/or from other universes - can survive the destruction of the "original" and act in their place. This also grants them immunity to changes in the past.

That would probably be Longevity/Immortality type 1. His past self could have just been there. If I go back in time and meet my grandpa, then I go back to my own time and I still see him, that doesn't mean my grandpa is omnipresent across time.

As I suggested before, Clockwork possesses Spatial-Temporal Lock, so traveling to any point of time is just a subpower of that; and in theory everyone of then has the same memories than the other.

@Xtasy

Obviously the ones from the past can survive the destruction of the present one because they are from the past.

Back