• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Clockwork Addition (Danny Phantom)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aolphl

He/Him
It's worth a try 👀
  • Clockwork rewinds time here. But it's not just that; in fact, Clockwork rewinds time here while also rewinding the stage, the fact that the music flows backwards is proof that Clockwork rewinds not only time, but also the Show's stage: Plot Manipulation, Limited Acausality Type 1 Negation
  • Also because the Clockwork is not affected by the rewinding of the scene: Resistance to Plot Manipulation
  • Danny became aware of the rewind of the scene and described it as a "DéjàVu". Therefore: Limited Acausality Type 1
Agree:
Disagree:
Neutral:

It's worth a try 👀
  • Clockwork rewinds time here. But it's not just that; in fact, Clockwork rewinds time here while also rewinding the stage, the fact that the music flows backwards is proof that Clockwork rewinds not only time, but also the Show's stage: Plot Manipulation, Limited Acausality Type 1 Negation
  • Also because the Clockwork is not affected by the rewinding of the scene: Resistance to Plot Manipulation
  • Danny became aware of the rewind of the scene and described it as a "DéjàVu". Therefore: Limited Acausality Type 1
Agree:
Disagree:
Neutral:
I don't understand the part of Limited Acausality Type 1 Negation

But the rest is fine

I agree

Mmm, I don't think this applies, this feels more like a coincidence that's just going with the flow as it's not exactly stated he's actually doing anything that's necessarily affecting the plot of what's happening, but rather just Time Manipulation itself. And also, why exactly is this considered Limited Acasual negation when in the same scene Tucker is wearing a time medallion?

Mmm, I don't think this applies, this feels more like a coincidence that's just going with the flow as it's not exactly stated he's actually doing anything that's necessarily affecting the plot of what's happening, but rather just Time Manipulation itself.
Actually, I don't think it's right to consider this as a coincidence. It is very clear that Clockwork itself did this. If there is no music turned on by Danny or his friends, then this is definitely the music of the Cartoon. While Clockwork rewinds time, it also rewinds the scene of the Cartoon, the fact that the music flows backwards is something that proves this.
And also, why exactly is this considered Limited Acasual negation when in the same scene Tucker is wearing a time medallion?
Well, I don't know what you mean by that.

Actually, I don't think it's right to consider this as a coincidence. It is very clear that Clockwork itself did this. If there is no music turned on by Danny or his friends, then this is definitely the music of the Cartoon. While Clockwork rewinds time, it also rewinds the scene of the Cartoon, the fact that the music flows backwards is something that proves this.
Then why didn't anyone suddenly start breaking the 4th wall just to point out the music was suddenly rewinded via Time Manipulation, or if that they were really aware if there was actually any music playing in the background in the first place?
Well, I don't know what you mean by that.
My bad, I'll just rephrase myself one more time, why is this considered Limited Acasual negation again?

Then why didn't anyone suddenly start breaking the 4th wall just to point out the music was suddenly rewinded via Time Manipulation, or if that they were really aware if there was actually any music playing in the background in the first place?
Ehh... Why would they break the fourth wall? There is no reason for this. Danny barely noticed the rewind of the scene. So he called it "Déjàvu". Clockwork literally did this before they realized it.
My bad, I'll just rephrase myself one more time, why is this considered Limited Acasual negation again?
I'm not so sure about this, but what should it be?

Ehh... Why would they break the fourth wall? There is no reason for this. Danny barely noticed the rewind of the scene. So he called it "Déjàvu". Clockwork literally did this before they realized it.
Did anyone else in the scene know there was actually any music playing in the background in their perspective besides us as the viewers? Danny just says it's déjà vu (french for already seen) because he's suddenly back where he started as time was just rewinded before he tried to fight Clockwork. What I'm trying to say is, is there any evidence that proves Clockwork is really affecting the plot at all rather than a coincidence?
I'm not so sure about this, but what should it be?
Most likely not really anything besides just Time Manipulation

I agree with Limited Acausality Type 1 for Danny but not negation for Clockwork since he doesn't negate it.

As for Plot Manipulation, I'm still not sure... Obviously no one (Danny, Sam, or Tucker) would comment on the music change since no one there has the ability to break the 4th wall. Yes, Clockwork does effect the music but that's about it, it's not like he reversed time back to the beginning of the episode along with the intro of the show. I'm just not sure if reversing a portion of an episode would be considered plot manipulation but maybe.

I agree with Limited Acausality Type 1 for Danny but not negation for Clockwork since he doesn't negate it.

As for Plot Manipulation, I'm still not sure... Obviously no one (Danny, Sam, or Tucker) would comment on the music change since no one there has the ability to break the 4th wall. Yes, Clockwork does effect the music but that's about it, it's not like he reversed time back to the beginning of the episode along with the intro of the show. I'm just not sure if reversing a portion of an episode would be considered plot manipulation but maybe.
I agree with this.

That was basically what I was going on about for the thread, if it really was Plot Manipulation why didn't anyone really point out what's really happening to their perspective besides ours?

but not negation for Clockwork since he doesn't negate it.
Okay.
I agree with this.
I also agree with Griffin on this.
Okay, is there a problem with adding this to the profile as "Possibly Plot Manip" and "Possibly Resistance to Plot Manip" because all the staff who come here are not opposed to Plot Manip and are not very sure about adding Plot Manip?
Did anyone else in the scene know there was actually any music playing in the background in their perspective besides us as the viewers? Danny just says it's déjà vu (french for already seen) because he's suddenly back where he started as time was just rewinded before he tried to fight Clockwork. What I'm trying to say is, is there any evidence that proves Clockwork is really affecting the plot at all rather than a coincidence?
All right, I see what you mean. Yes, apparently Clockwork doesn't do this on purpose, but I'm still against treating it as a coincidence. What do you think about adding this to the profile as "Possible Plot Manip" and "Possible Resistance to Plot Manip"?

Okay, is there a problem with adding this to the profile as "Possibly Plot Manip" and "Possibly Resistance to Plot Manip" because all the staff who come here are not opposed to Plot Manip and are not very sure about adding Plot Manip?
All right, I see what you mean. Yes, apparently Clockwork doesn't do this on purpose, but I'm still against treating it as a coincidence. What do you think about adding this to the profile as "Possible Plot Manip" and "Possible Resistance to Plot Manip"?
Bump

I would like to believe you, but then again I still don't think even a possibly would work in this case, as it would require Clockwork to rewind the entire episode back to where it all started including the intro as well in order for Plot Manipulation to work

I would like to believe you, but then again I still don't think even a possibly would work in this case, as it would require Clockwork to rewind the entire episode back to where it all started including the intro as well in order for Plot Manipulation to work
Damn... Anyway, thanks for your contribution.

I guess we could at least mention on his time manipulation that he affected the music of the episode. It at least mentions it in time hax?

I guess we could at least mention on his time manipulation that he affected the music of the episode. It at least mentions it in time hax?
I explained why I thought of this as a Plot Manipulation. Clockwork rewinds Time there while also rewinding the Scene at the same time. I use the rewinding of the music as proof of this.
My current offer is:
For Clockwork; Possibly Plot Manip and Possibly Resistance to Plot Manip.
For Danny; Limited Acausality Type 1.

I explained why I thought of this as a Plot Manipulation. Clockwork rewinds Time there while also rewinding the Scene at the same time. I use the rewinding of the music as proof of this.
My current offer is:
For Clockwork; Possibly Plot Manip and Possibly Resistance to Plot Manip.
For Danny; Limited Acausality Type 1.
I know you explained why you think it's plot manipulation but I don't think the music rewinding is proof enough in this case, especially when you take into account how the music is. For example, when the action kicks in the music gets going but if a joke happens mind fight, the music changes to fit the now goofy tone. Clockwork manipulates time and so it's more likely this scene is them putting a style on the music of reversing to fit the scene in question. There is also the problem that this doesn't happen all the time and might actually be the only time he "affects" the music when manipulating time.

I just don't see this as proof for plot manipulation because it can easily just be the way the writers decided to score the scene. Clockwork doesn't continually do this when his time powers are activated so I cannot agree with it being him messing with the plot. The only thing I'm ok with is Limited Acausality Type 1 for Danny since he actively notices something was off as if he already did it meanwhile no one else did.

I know you explained why you think it's plot manipulation but I don't think the music rewinding is proof enough in this case, especially when you take into account how the music is. For example, when the action kicks in the music gets going but if a joke happens mind fight, the music changes to fit the now goofy tone. Clockwork manipulates time and so it's more likely this scene is them putting a style on the music of reversing to fit the scene in question. There is also the problem that this doesn't happen all the time and might actually be the only time he "affects" the music when manipulating time.

I just don't see this as proof for plot manipulation because it can easily just be the way the writers decided to score the scene. Clockwork doesn't continually do this when his time powers are activated so I cannot agree with it being him messing with the plot. The only thing I'm ok with is Limited Acausality Type 1 for Danny since he actively notices something was off as if he already did it meanwhile no one else did.
Alright. Thanks for all your contributions. I'm going to add Limited Acausality Type 1 for Danny. The ones for Clockwork will not be added. This Crt can be closed. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back